Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Who cares really.  I can’t believe the number of fans who want the Colts to trade up for a quarterback in one of the worse classes in years.  Next year is the year to do it.  That’s what we need another project at quarterback.  What a waste of a pick.  Hopefully Ballard is smarter than that.

The great class next year could be busts too. It goes either way and there's no guarantee. 

I don't think there's any immediate starters in this class but some that could be great in few years. 

If they did draft QB someone to hold the fort for 1 year or so isn't a bad choice

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Interesting article on the Browns pursuit of Watson. Basically, indicating that once the Browns went public with their displeasure for Mayfield they were forced to re-load on Watson.

Hence the staggering contract offer.

I am glad the colts don't operate that way with their players.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/20/baker-mayfields-plan-to-boycott-browns-may-have-revived-deshaun-watson-effort/

In a way, the Colts kind of did. I think it was pretty dang obvious what their intentions were the entire offseason with Wentz.

They made it pretty clear in all of their pressers that they weren’t happy with his play and we’re going to be moving on, without actually saying it. Ballard never supported him in the comments, just said they were evaluating and he good moments and bad moments and they are going to look at every option to improve the team.

Also, players have started slightly voicing their displeasure on how the org is being run. Especially the ones leaving. Colts aren’t all sunshine and rainbows anymore and they can’t act like it.

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

In a way, the Colts kind of did. I think it was pretty dang obvious what their intentions were the entire offseason with Wentz.

They made it pretty clear in all of their pressers that they weren’t happy with his play and we’re going to be moving on, without actually saying it. Ballard never supported him in the comments, just said they were evaluating and he good moments and bad moments and they are going to look at every option to improve the team.

Also, players have started slightly voicing their displeasure on how the org is being run. Especially the ones leaving. Colts aren’t all sunshine and rainbows anymore and they can’t act like it.

That - is a really good point. I guess it is good that it will not cost us cost us a quarter billion dollars to resolve. 

10 hours ago, Shive said:

He's in recovery, so no drugs or drinking, which makes me think the post is a lie. That or Irsay relapsed, which isn't a good thing for him or the organization. I'm going to go with the story being made up unless someone with some legitimacy confirms it.

Everyone has a cell phone.    There would be pictures if they were downtown together

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Source: My wife runs a substance abuse facility and is a substance abuse counselor.

Addiction is addiction, regardless of the substance. He will always be an addict and is either active in his recovery or he's actively using.

They both affect the same areas and pathways in the brain, so using any "mind-altering substance" triggers the same reaction in the brain. You'll probably meet plenty of people that say they used to use X but got that under control and only drink now. No, they're still an addict that is actively using, they've just shifted substances. Sobriety is a lifelong journey/battle and it takes a lot of work and support to stay sober, especially with the societal stigmas around mebtal health and addiction.

For Irsay's sake, I hope this is just a fabrication.

My wife worked in one for 20 years, perhaps they have crossed paths.   I concur with your knowledge of the situation.

She is very experienced, understands the chemistry and the clinical side of it.  Yes, many substances are the same at their roots.  They fall into either uppers or downers, and many of the professionals she worked with call many of the downer pills "freeze dried alcohol" (pot is also a downer).  Rehab facilities first medically ween them off of whatever substance is the addiction, so a medical professional needs to know the chemistry at its root, because administering the wrong counter substance can cause a loss of license.

Point being, downers are downers (pot, pain killers, alcohol) and substituting pain killers for wine is simply getting the same chemistry in a different form.  For an addict, sobriety is a struggle, and it means only one thing.

I assume Irsay knows this.  If he's truly drinking half of three bottles of wine at dinner, he's not far removed from where he was a few years ago.  I'm skeptical of the rumor.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

@stitches

I know you like Willis. I'm thinking he ends up with Falcons or Panthers. 

Colts themselves should be in a good position to trade up if one of the QBs fall.

I like Willis, but he's not some no brainer pick. Purely on the basis of his physical and athletic traits and his throwing skill I would like us to have him, but he has a lot of work to do before he's a winning QB in the league IMO. That's why I think it's very important to know what the interviews and meetings would tell about his drive and determination, about his coachability and ability to pick up new things. 

The other one I like more than the rest is Ridder, but he too is not a QB without his warts. I wonder if he will fall to the end of R1. If he does I wouldn't mind us trading up to the end of R1 to secure the 5th year. IF Ballard and Reich like him enough of course. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

calling the simpsons GIF- yeah I want to order a pizza, sausage and onion please. Mr Ballard what about Free Agency? Screw Free agency, it is Sunday and I am hungry.

Yessir. It’s Sunday. It’s Spring Break for me. Smoked loin and kicking back are on the menu. Feeling a bit more zen today than normal. 

10 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Great news !!! Kellen Mond could be available. For some reason Zimmer didn’t like him. Maybe @NFLfan could shed some light.

He was really good in college.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/qb-kellen-mond-could-odd-150434305.html

That is one reason why Mike Zimmer is out and may not get another job. Zimmer refused to play Mond in the last game when we had nothing to play for. He started Sean Mannion when it would have been good for the fans and management to see how he played. I think that is also why the owners decided to fire the GM. I was a fan of my former GM Rick Spielman. The Cousins move was the beginning of the downfall, but Zimmer did not help him. Zimmer was so stubborn. 

I will read the article now. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That is one reason why Mike Zimmer is out and may not get another job. Zimmer refused to play Mond in the last game when we had nothing to play for. He started Sean Mannion when it would have been good for the fans and management to see how he played. I think that is also why the owners decided to fire the GM. I was a fan of my former GM Rick Spielman. The Cousins move was the beginning of the downfall, but Zimmer did not help him. Zimmer was so stubborn. 

I will read the article now. 

"The Cousins move was the beginning of the downfall" Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek

I give up....wth is Ballard doing? Or should I say not doing? The most FA money of any team by far and he just sits there? I get not going crazy but the Colts have a lot of good pieces in place, I don't buy that nobody wants to go there because the QB is unsettled. FAs sign with worse teams, including those with QB issues. You throw enough money at someone, they'd go. It would make sense to build the team elsewhere, take a shot at a QB like maybe Carson Strong or whatever and look to next year to find "the" QB. This is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"The Cousins move was the beginning of the downfall" Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek

When I saw you quoted me, I thought "I hope 2006CBE does not post a Captain Kirk gif". Cousins is so far from a captain. Captains were guys like Eric Kendricks, Adam Thielen and CJ Ham. 

Anyway, back to Colts QB. I would be getting excited if I was a Colts fan and I have the chance to get Mayfield. Ryan is up in age. You can have Mayfield for 10+ years. (I would take Darnold too. :hide:)

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

When I saw you quoted me, I thought "I hope 2006CBE does not post a Captain Kirk gif". Cousins is so far from a captain. Captains were guys like Eric Kendricks, Adam Thielen and CJ Ham. 

Anyway, back to Colts QB. I would be getting excited if I was a Colts fan and I have the chance to get Mayfield. Ryan is up in age. You can have Mayfield for 10+ years. (I would take Darnold too. :hide:)

No to Darnold, he is barely average. I could live with Baker but that is dicey. Happy GIF- just for you :thmup:

Archived