Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Too early predictions for the Colts in 2022!

Semicolt

26 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

That would be the worst move of Ballard’s tenure IMO. Kenny is a top slot CB, Q is the best guard in football, and Hines is an excellent second RB when used properly. Kittle is a top three TE, sure, but that doesn’t equate. Also, Jimmy G is literally just the west coast Carson Wentz.

Nickle CBs aren't even everydown players and are easier to replace. I'm not saying Kenny isn't great at it but a lot of guys are good at it. I think I.Rogers can be great at it. Jimmy is better than Carson just because he has presnap awareness and can throw it away when nothing is there. His release is quicker too. Maybe the 9ers throw in a 3rd or 4 th to even it out. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My educated guess….

We restructure a bunch of contracts.  Wentz, Buckner, Stewart to create more cap space.   We seriously need it. 

I’d LOVE for us to find an offensive minded coach with some experience.  Someone who might get the title of Assist Head Coach.  But whose job would be…. Exec in Charge of saying No!  Or, don’t do that!   I don’t expect any Assist Offensive Coaches to be fired.  But when Sirianni left he took some of our O-Coaches with him.  I think we lost more than we retained or brought in. A brain drain.  So I’d like someone to remind Frank not to forget about Taylor or Hines, or the various tight ends, etc.   Some wise veteran that Frank will listen to.   I think that’s needed. 

Id like to see us selectively blitz a little more.  It’s one thing to only rush 4 if you’re getting home with sacks and pressures.  But we didn’t and yet we’re among the lowest in blitzes.  That’s a BAD combo. 

We need more playmakers on the outside.  More athleticism, more speed and quickness at spots like WR, CB, Safety and TE.  

We need more veterans on both the D-line and the O-line.   Guys who don’t need a year or two to figure things out.  

I have no idea what we will do at QB?   I can see us bringing back Wentz, and I can see us cutting him and signing or trading for someone else.   I think we’ll know by March 1. 

Thus is not my complete list…. But there should be enough discussion points to get started.  

You really think or expect a assistant head coach to be brought in to oversee Reich's playcalling and on the field decisions?? .... like Reich is going to go for that? Lol

If you think Frank needs help or is not a good playcaller/on field decision maker why do you consistently give posters a "sad" emoji when they post something negative or not flattering about him???   :thinking:

Carry on :thmup:

58 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You really think or expect a assistant head coach to be brought in to oversee Reich's playcalling and on the field decisions?? .... like Reich is going to go for that? Lol

If you think Frank needs help or is not a good playcaller/on field decision maker why do you consistently give posters a "sad" emoji when they post something negative or not flattering about him???   :thinking:

Carry on :thmup:

My idea is not far from those who say keep Frank as the HC, but take away the OC responsibilities.    My idea is NOT to give this person veto power over Frank, but to instead be a voice of reason and experience where I don’t believe we currently have that.  Someone that Frank would respect and at least listen to to avoid his worst tendencies. 

Is that simple enough for you to understand?

But as our resident conspiracy theorist where you think all the noise since the end of the season is only to sell season tickets that’s fertile ground for you.   

When you said Frank coming back is a bad thing, you lost.   When you said you think we end up 6-11 or 7-10, you lost.   It’s your opinion,  but I think you’re among the extreme fringe of this fan base. 

And when you write painful drivel like this, I literally have no idea why you’re a fan of this franchise?   Why waste time here except to troll. 

You don’t like the owner.   Check!

You don’t like the GM.       Check!

You don’t like the HC.        Check!

You don’t like the QB.        Check!

Why stay and post?   You’re miserable and it’s reflected in almost every post you make.  

21 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

what kind of changes do you expect?  I was thinking in terms of the roster but coaching changes are probably coming

at the risk of saying this too much on here, i think running it back with Carson will limit how far we can go.  will they make a move for an edge or WR?? i have no idea

we have a lot of mid to low tier free agents, how many come back and who they replace them with is anyones guess

ballard will probably get some different low talent free agents, i think he watched money ball one too many times

17 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think we cut Wentz and trade for Jimmy G. Nelson could be part of a trade for Jimmy G... Nelson, Hines, and Moore for Jimmy G and George Kittle...

I think cutting Wentz and trading for Jimmy G will be a scenario discussed after the QB review is completed.  Don’t see Nelson being part of that trade at all if it were to happen.  Ballard resigns his own players that earn a second contract.  Now Kelly is a different story.  He didn’t draft Kelly.  Not sure they need a center though.

24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think cutting Wentz and trading for Jimmy G will be a scenario discussed after the QB review is completed.  Don’t see Nelson being part of that trade at all if it were to happen.  Ballard resigns his own players that earn a second contract.  Now Kelly is a different story.  He didn’t draft Kelly.  Not sure they need a center though.

Just because players earn don't mean we can keep them all. Sometimes it's just business...So we pay Nelson 22mil a year and sign Pryor because we won't be able to afford a Vet LT and he folds. Everyone will be mad... we need CB depth a true FS. 

Some may say one more piece on the DL. We need WR help for sure and a TE if Doyle retires. We need an upgrade at QB. That's a lot of holes to be giving a gaurd Tackle money when we need a LT...

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

Just because players earn don't mean we can keep them all. Sometimes it's just business...So we pay Nelson 22mil a year and sign Pryor because we won't be able to afford a Vet LT and he folds. Everyone will be mad... we need CB depth a true FS. 

Some may say one more piece on the DL. We need WR help for sure and a TE if Doyle retires. We need an upgrade at QB. That's a lot of holes to be giving a gaurd Tackle money when we need a LT...

Signing Nelson will handicap us when it comes time to paying key positions if we find our guys there.

Man.  Some of these takes are killing me.

First off re: Reich bringing in someone else to keep an eye on him or take his OC responsibilities is not an answer.  If you don't trust your HC you fire him and Ballard certainly would do that.  This past season was a fine coaching job by Reich, getting this team to the cusp of the playoffs after that terrible start.  I think he's a good HC and he does what you want in today's game which is lock down one side of the ball in that HC position.  I'd give him this next season for sure and let him know it's a playoff run or bust.  If you were to get on the phone and tell him you want him to give up OC responsibilities there's a reasonable chance it becomes a fallout situation and you're hiring a new HC and staff.  Which would be a catastrophe with a team that is mostly aligned to compete.

A QB transitioning to a new team, particularly a QB with some regression in his game, isn't really a surprise.  Wentz will get a camp and full season to do his thing because the team invested in him.  Teams don't invest and cut bait right away.  Well, good teams don't.  And the Colts are a good team.  Also this tails in nicely with Reich knowing he needs to get to the playoffs.  He requested that trade and he and Wentz are tied to the hip now.  He will not survive Wentz failing.  So there is a lot at risk with Wentz and you don't want to change either OC or QB as they are now synched up.

I honestly hope Eberflus gets a job somewhere.  He's not a bad DC by any stretch but I don't think he's an elite DC either.  That is an area I think this staff could upgrade.  Won't be a popular opinion around here but I'm a big fan of defense and I want a top 5 scoring defense.  For me that is something that is a requirement to make a real run in the playoffs, being a top team in limiting points.  

So my hopes for the offseason is they stay the course on offense and keep building around Wentz.  And then bring in a new DC who can upgrade things like Fangio or Zimmer.  Other teams facing Reich/Fangio or Reich/Zimmer would have their hands full in gameplanning.  I'd be chasing those guys right now behind the scenes and if Eberflus doesn't get a job I'd still part ways with him if I could get one of those two to sign on.

2 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

Man.  Some of these takes are killing me.

First off re: Reich bringing in someone else to keep an eye on him or take his OC responsibilities is not an answer.  If you don't trust your HC you fire him and Ballard certainly would do that.  This past season was a fine coaching job by Reich, getting this team to the cusp of the playoffs after that terrible start.  I think he's a good HC and he does what you want in today's game which is lock down one side of the ball in that HC position.  I'd give him this next season for sure and let him know it's a playoff run or bust.  If you were to get on the phone and tell him you want him to give up OC responsibilities there's a reasonable chance it becomes a fallout situation and you're hiring a new HC and staff.  Which would be a catastrophe with a team that is mostly aligned to compete.

A QB transitioning to a new team, particularly a QB with some regression in his game, isn't really a surprise.  Wentz will get a camp and full season to do his thing because the team invested in him.  Teams don't invest and cut bait right away.  Well, good teams don't.  And the Colts are a good team.  Also this tails in nicely with Reich knowing he needs to get to the playoffs.  He requested that trade and he and Wentz are tied to the hip now.  He will not survive Wentz failing.  So there is a lot at risk with Wentz and you don't want to change either OC or QB as they are now synched up.

I honestly hope Eberflus gets a job somewhere.  He's not a bad DC by any stretch but I don't think he's an elite DC either.  That is an area I think this staff could upgrade.  Won't be a popular opinion around here but I'm a big fan of defense and I want a top 5 scoring defense.  For me that is something that is a requirement to make a real run in the playoffs, being a top team in limiting points.  

So my hopes for the offseason is they stay the course on offense and keep building around Wentz.  And then bring in a new DC who can upgrade things like Fangio or Zimmer.  Other teams facing Reich/Fangio or Reich/Zimmer would have their hands full in gameplanning.  I'd be chasing those guys right now behind the scenes and if Eberflus doesn't get a job I'd still part ways with him if I could get one of those two to sign on.

I’m really hoping Flus gets hired too but I’m getting nervous he might get passed over again just like last year.  I don’t have the faith they would replace him otherwise.    He’s Ballard’s guy.  Here’s hoping he gets his HC opportunity.

Archived