Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Hard Knocks 12/15/21

EastStreet

Short one tonight.  

I’ve bragged about this before - I got to visit the practice facility back in 2015.  We had lunch with the team, and we met Chuck and some of the coaches.  

What was also interesting was the room where they kept Irsay’s memorabilia that didn’t make it to his museum.  Items that were probably worth more than we all make in a year just laying around.  It was amazing.  A glimpse into a billionaire’s junk room, lol!

23 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Bummer they didn’t show any hunting with Wentz but there’s people that are sensitive to that I guess. Felt like a filler episode next week should be better.

I haven't watched a lot of HKs lately, but the early years when I did, seemed more edgier. Not sure edgier is the right word, perhaps less sanitized, or less fluffy. 

Would have been nice to see Wentz hunting. Most football fans are fine with the sport. I give zero sheets about the folks who are OK with watching a violent sport like football, but get sensitive over a guy communing with nature and putting natural food on his table.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

It’s the Bye week….    What were you expecting that you didn’t get?

They had a whole 13 games to pull from. They could have talked about Fisher's fight to overcome offseason surgery, and get back to form. Nelson's or Wentz's injury struggles. Wentz's jump from Philly. Competition at WR this year. Paye and Dayo's background and NFL entry. I could go on.

I mean, there's a hundred different narratives you can choose from lol.... But we get 5-10 minutes of Braden taking glamour shots of his wife?

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

They had a whole 13 games to pull from. They could have talked about Fisher's fight to overcome offseason surgery, and get back to form. Nelson's or Wentz's injury struggles. Wentz's jump from Philly. Competition at WR this year. Paye and Dayo's background and NFL entry. I could go on.

I mean, there's a hundred different narratives you can choose from lol.... But we get 5-10 minutes of Braden taking glamour shots of his wife?

I like some of your ideas…   But I think a number of them would be non-starters for the Colts this week, and certainly not a hundred narratives. 

The biggest thing I noticed is just how short it was….    30 minutes.   Normal episodes have been 45-50 minutes, so I was surprised. 

Glad things will return to normal next week. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

OMG! Glamor shots of Bradens wife! Do they not realize that The Hoodie is watching these.

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I mean I enjoyed that part:D

And for those us who don't live in Indy, it was fun to see some of the familiar places

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean I enjoyed that part:D

And for those us who don't live in Indy, it was fun to see some of the familiar places

I mean, it would have been fine if the episode wasn't only 30 minutes lol... 

Overall, just disappointed it was so short, and was overly fluffy. This would have been a great week for an in-depth look or two at a few season long narratives. There are plenty to choose from. Every single player (even PS guys), and every single coach, has a story of some type. Would have been nice to see a deep dive on one of the many things we chatter about on the regular around here. 

On 12/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, EastStreet said:

I haven't watched a lot of HKs lately, but the early years when I did, seemed more edgier. Not sure edgier is the right word, perhaps less sanitized, or less fluffy. 

Would have been nice to see Wentz hunting. Most football fans are fine with the sport. I give zero sheets about the folks who are OK with watching a violent sport like football, but get sensitive over a guy communing with nature and putting natural food on his table.

Just speculating why some are sensitive about hunting: players sign up for football, and know what they're getting into, but animals have no say in being hunted. An episode showing Wentz hunting would have been criticized, and they wanted to avoid any bad publicity. 

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

Just speculating why some are sensitive about hunting: players sign up for football, and know what they're getting into, but animals have no say in being hunted. An episode showing Wentz hunting would have been criticized, and they wanted to avoid any bad publicity. 

Now days everything gets criticized if some don't agree with it, or some people say they are sensitive to things to get attention. Some fool would probably get offended if Wentz killed a Skunk, they would say the Skunk provides fragrance to the air :funny:

7 hours ago, teganslaw said:

People go out of their way these days to be offended and outraged. It's become an addiction. So frankly I give ZFs if it offends a few sensitive folks. Most of those same folks likely enjoy trips to the supermarket and restaurants. 

John Dutton said it best...

For what it’s worth…. 

I knew I was forgetting something….  Been meaning to talk about this all week….

What I liked and appreciated most about last weeks episode is that they spent the biggest chunk of time on the history of the Irsay family.     The BAD history.

Admitted Jim’s father was a raging alcoholic and a nut job and admitted the impact it had on a young, impressionable Jim Irsay growing up around the team.    Freely admits how the family embraces Mental Health as not just a family thing, but an organizational thing as well.   

People here who continue to trash Jim Irsay don’t fully appreciate all he’s been through and all they continue to try and do. 

I thought it was really damn impressive.   

:colts:

Archived