Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor Lawrence

MPStack

40 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Premature, but I would have expected better results from T. Lawrence this season. I guess playing with a stacked lineup in Clemson is far different than playing for Jax. 

Funny Face Reaction GIF

He isn't Andrew Luck who was just special. I get it the way he retired sucked and we all can get be pee'd at him but Andrew was just pro ready and carry a team and pressure didn't bother him. Burrow I like but he isn't Andrew either going by QB's coming out of the draft the last 10 years. Wilson got drafted by a team that had a superior run game and great D. 

The only time I have watched him play for an extended period was our game earlier this year and I gotta say I was not very impressed.  He was inaccurate on a ton of throws that day many of which were very big windows.  

Gotta say, with all the hype he was receiving (comparing him to Manning and Luck in terms of can't miss prospect) I expected a lot better from him this year. 

Wonder how much the clown show, incompetence from Urban Meyer and his staff has affected his development...

He's not been put a good situation at all but Minshew was better than him with about the same type of talent. That can't be happening to the #1 overall pick. Weirdly enough, I think his stock was the highest when he was a freshman in college and since then he's seemed to stay at around the same level. 

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's hard to judge a player when they get drafted by a historically Dumpster fire of a organization. 

I actually liked Fields better but he also went to a bad situation. 

Yep, I just wonder how good Lawrence would be in NE? To be fair to Luck though, he came in here on a rebuild and half our roster was different. We kept Reggie Wayne which was huge but had no run game, bad O.Line, and mediocre D and Luck still won 11 games. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, I just wonder how good Lawrence would be in NE? To be fair to Luck though, he came in here on a rebuild and half our roster was different. We kept Reggie Wayne which was huge but had no run game, bad O.Line, and mediocre D and Luck still won 11 games. 

Any QB would be in winning inNew England,  even a undrafted FA lol.

I really don't know the Jags roster, but luck had good players around him, especially on offense. Reggie, TY, the two TE's drafted in rounds 2 & 3, and a pretty decent rookie RB Ballad. 

Those first 3 seasons were special and fun to watch.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Any QB would be in winning inNew England,  even a undrafted FA lol.

I really don't know the Jags roster, but luck had good players around him, especially on offense. Reggie, TY, the two TE's drafted in rounds 2 & 3, and a pretty decent rookie RB Ballad. 

Those first 3 seasons were special and fun to watch.

While Luck had those weapons, here’s what he didn’t have….

Much of an offensive line or a running game.   Or a very good defense.   Those problems contributed to Luck’s early retirement. 

I'm just amazed how little the Jags are running the ball, to the point Lawrence even said we have a great RB in Robinson and he needs to be on the field more. Of course after saying that Robinson only had 6 carries while they made a rookie QB throw the ball 40 times.

Of course if the Jaguars want to ruin a young QB I don't mind, makes our schedule easier.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

While Luck had those weapons, here’s what he didn’t have….

Much of an offensive line or a running game.   Or a very good defense.   Those problems contributed to Luck’s early retirement. 

It still pains me to my core knowing Luck could've been similar to Mahomes in the top 10 of all-time discussion had he been healthy. I like Wentz but Luck was just very good to great. Wentz is good like Rivers was last year.

I wonder if he has the mental makeup to be a elite QB . The way he carries himself there just does not appear to be the passion and drive it takes . He obviously has the tools some throws he makes you can see why there was so much hype . Then some throws you are just left scratching your head wondering how he missed it or why he chose to throw into coverage . 

I'm a Clemson fan think Lawrence had a great college career, think some concerns as a pro and they drafted his rb T.E. to make the transition easier but Travis got hurt in preseason. Meyer is gone is word down here in Florida and Charlie Strong is taking over. Think it could help Lawrence going forward, hope not too much we need to keep Jags in basement. Agree we dont know how mentally strong he is, he has the talent but so have a lot of QB's.

3 hours ago, B~Town said:

I wonder if he has the mental makeup to be a elite QB . The way he carries himself there just does not appear to be the passion and drive it takes . He obviously has the tools some throws he makes you can see why there was so much hype . Then some throws you are just left scratching your head wondering how he missed it or why he chose to throw into coverage . 

That description sounds a lot like Luck.

We just haven’t seen enough of the other side to feel he is progressing.  Maybe another year in the league will do him well. Then again he may be learning a completely new system, but…

On 12/12/2021 at 9:55 PM, SR711 said:

The only time I have watched him play for an extended period was our game earlier this year and I gotta say I was not very impressed.  He was inaccurate on a ton of throws that day many of which were very big windows.  

Gotta say, with all the hype he was receiving (comparing him to Manning and Luck in terms of can't miss prospect) I expected a lot better from him this year. 

Wonder how much the clown show, incompetence from Urban Meyer and his staff has affected his development...

I have said all along that Lance & Fields will be better than Lawrence. 

Jones is the best right now, but he is going to benefit more from coaching/schematics than anything. 

Lawrence, IMO, doesn't have the "it" factor these other QB's have. He will be solid with the right team. He is a more athletic Matt Ryan/Stafford IMO. I watched Fields have a 6TD game with having cracked ribs the 2nd half. He can run much better & his deep ball is impressive. He needs better coaching to teach him how to look off the defenders better. 

Lance is raw, but he can sling it. Game-planning for hum year 3 in beyond will be tough. 

Archived