Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jenorius Jenkins might fall to the 4th round!

Did anyone read the report about what happened to the gators from the Sporting News? Jenkins was a complete tool, several failed drug tests, started fights with teammates, refused to practice THEN when he was caught yet again Muschamp tells him he'll be suspended to which Jenkings said "do you have any idea who I am"? That ended his Gator career so he goes to North Alabama to rebuild his rep. So what did he do? The same exact thing!!

Now keep in mind, he did all of this KNOWING that millions was on the line, how's he going to act once he has it in the bank? Character players fall all the time, anyone picking this guy in the first 3 rounds is really rolling the dice. Think of him as the 2012 version of Pac-Man Jones.

I heard him dropping to the mid 2nd, but not the 4th. That's not realistic, even with his talent.

Here's the thing with Pacman. He had extroadinary talent, more than Jenkins and he went 6th overall. It's not the same situation.

Did anyone read the report about what happened to the gators from the Sporting News? Jenkins was a complete tool, several failed drug tests, started fights with teammates, refused to practice THEN when he was caught yet again Muschamp tells him he'll be suspended to which Jenkings said "do you have any idea who I am"? That ended his Gator career so he goes to North Alabama to rebuild his rep. So what did he do? The same exact thing!! Now keep in mind, he did all of this KNOWING that millions was on the line, how's he going to act once he has it in the bank? Character players fall all the time, anyone picking this guy in the first 3 rounds is really rolling the dice. Think of him as the 2012 version of Pac-Man Jones.

Yep..... Marshall Faulk once said (paraphrasing) "money doesn't build someone's character, it reveals their character"

I totally agree and its why I wouldn't draft Janoris Jenkins, period.

That's not to say we should insist on 53 choirboys.... but this kid is ridiculous.

I heard him dropping to the mid 2nd, but not the 4th. That's not realistic, even with his talent.

Here's the thing with Pacman. He had extroadinary talent, more than Jenkins and he went 6th overall. It's not the same situation.

Agreed. Jenkins will not go past the 2nd, he's got to much talent for someone to let him drop that far.

Look at Jimmy Smith laste year. His ability was better than Amukamara but he fell due to character concerns.

Yup and what Helped Jimmy Smith the most was going to a team with a good team and very good locker room like the Ravens.

Jenorius Jenkins? Never heard of him. He sounds a lot like Janoris Jenkins, who won't make it past the second.

I think they're cousins

http://www.usatoday....raft/54186684/1

Looks like he really wants to change. I've heard he has sounded very remorseful in his interviews, and says he is a new person. I would take the chance on him because we really need a CB, and Fleener is very likely to be gone in the 1st round.

Edit: By the way, I keep hearing that he got in trouble for something at North Alabama, but some places say he kept his nose clean. I never heard of him getting in trouble last year, does anyone have a link?

Hope ev1 is wrong and we do take him.Hard with our need at CB to let a 1st round talent slip by us.Issues or not im not into extra drama we keep a clean orginization.And i think being around some NFL vets they can help him with being a Professional.Didnt want to take him the first time i read about him coming here ,but that was because of his issues.Just cant see passing on his talents that we so need in secondary.

As long as he is not a violent criminal sign him up.

I was all for the 2nd round, but say we did pass on him and he somehow makes it back to us in the 3rd, would all the red-flags turn yellow for those who are against taking him at 34?

People need to remember that 2/5 of our 2011 draft class featured players that allegedly were involved in criminal activity. Didn't matter, I wanted Rucker and I was happy when they took him in the sixth, really.

just saying, it could happen.

We are not going to touch Jenkin's with a 12 foot pole. Even in the 4th, and I am glad. Anyone that thinks we are going to take him in the 2nd is delusional. Jimmy Smith last year never had nearly as many Red Flags as Jenkins, and he still fell to Raven's @ 26, despite possibly being the best cover corner in the draft. The Raven's locker room is also much more established then ours.

We are not going to touch Jenkin's with a 12 foot pole. Even in the 4th, and I am glad. Anyone that thinks we are going to take him in the 2nd is delusional. Jimmy Smith last year never had nearly as many Red Flags as Jenkins, and he still fell to Raven's @ 26, despite possibly being the best cover corner in the draft. The Raven's locker room is also much more established then ours.

To late we already brought him in for a visit. It's not delusional to think we could take him in the 2nd if he's there and if you don't see that you might be the one that is delusional. I don't think the Colts would bring him in for a visit to waste his time and their time if they were not considering taking him. Our locker room is more than established enough to bring in a guy like Jenkins, especially when he's showing signs that he truly is trying to change his life around for the best. He might pan or he might not, but Jenkins knows whoever takes him he will be on a short leash.

To late we already brought him in for a visit. It's not delusional to think we could take him in the 2nd if he's there and if you don't see that you might be the one that is delusional. I don't think the Colts would bring him in for a visit to waste his time and their time if they were not considering taking him. Our locker room is more than established enough to bring in a guy like Jenkins, especially when he's showing signs that he truly is trying to change his life around for the best. He might pan or he might not, but knows whoever takes him he will be on a short leash.

Funny, I heard Todd Mcshay talking about it this morning. The correlation between teams drafting the guys they bring out is extremely low. It's in fact so low that most experts don't even consider it when they do their mocks. Listen to the First Draft podcast for more details, so the fact that we brought him out means nothing to me.

Lol, if our locker room is established, when we just signed half of our starting defense from free agency, I dont know what an unestablished locker room is.

Also, his behavior of shows signs of truly "changing", im going to go with the most likely cause, and that is he's on the cusp of being paid millions, who wouldn't change? He'll back to normal once he gets paid. Honestly seems like most people don't understand the value of a clean character, how much it is really valued by teams. This guy probably has the most red flags, concerning character for a guy with 1st round talent, in the last 7 -8 years.

Doesn't matter where he is, 100% this guy is on the "Undraftable" part of our big board.

Nope, it's not ... JJ has been in far more trouble. Jones just had a "bad rep" in college. JJ is doing the deed.

http://en.wikipedia....erican_football) actually take a look he had reasons for just had a "bad rep" including similiar charges the Janoris had including some others before h even played a down in the NFL

buyer beware... Dude is a bad bet... period. And the eventual child support $$$ that WILL follow this boy to his eventual bankruptcy will make him (if he's worth a darn) an annual contract pain in the bum.

He is just not worth the hassle no matter where he may be picked.

buyer beware... Dude is a bad bet... period. And the eventual child support $$$ that WILL follow this boy to his eventual bankruptcy will make him (if he's worth a darn) an annual contract pain in the bum.

He is just not worth the hassle no matter where he may be picked.

draftees wont be making as much as they have in the past. pacman jones was way worse then this kid coming in and continued to get worse before he even played a down in the NFL, this kid at least publicly aknowledged he was wrong which is more then pacman jones ever did, someone is gonna take a chance on him it might as well be us. as for the kids he has the money he will make will support them kids just fine, Im not worried about child support payments or anything like that

http://www.usatoday....raft/54186684/1

Looks like he really wants to change. I've heard he has sounded very remorseful in his interviews, and says he is a new person. I would take the chance on him because we really need a CB, and Fleener is very likely to be gone in the 1st round.

Edit: By the way, I keep hearing that he got in trouble for something at North Alabama, but some places say he kept his nose clean. I never heard of him getting in trouble last year, does anyone have a link?

The North Alabama trouble was him throwing a punch at a player from Delta State. Ejected from the game and suspended for mulitiple games afterwards. The link below is not necessarily pointing to that specifically but it covers the Pro's and Con's

http://nfldraftgeek.com/janorisjenkins.html

The North Alabama trouble was him throwing a punch at a player from Delta State. Ejected from the game and suspended for mulitiple games afterwards. The link below is not necessarily pointing to that specifically but it covers the Pro's and Con's

http://nfldraftgeek....risjenkins.html

Thanks for the link. At least he didn't get in trouble with the law. Throwing a punch during a game is stupid, immature and a bad way to vent frustration, but maturity will be gained over time with the right coaches and people in his life, and I think in Coach Pagano and the the Colts' leaders on defense we have those kind of players. I would like to take a chance on him in the 2nd if Fleener is not there. If Jenkins will not be picked in the early 2nd I might even try to trade our 2nd and 3rd to Philly for their 2 2nds. That way we can draft Janoris Jenkins and Dwayne Allen who is another very good TE, who is a better blocker than Fleener.

Thanks for the link. At least he didn't get in trouble with the law. Throwing a punch during a game is stupid, immature and a bad way to vent frustration, but maturity will be gained over time with the right coaches and people in his life, and I think in Coach Pagano and the the Colts' leaders on defense we have those kind of players. I would like to take a chance on him in the 2nd if Fleener is not there. If Jenkins will not be picked in the early 2nd I might even try to trade our 2nd and 3rd to Philly for their 2 2nds. That way we can draft Janoris Jenkins and Dwayne Allen who is another very good TE, who is a better blocker than Fleener.

Well before that he was arrested for a bar fight...lol. They used a taser on him.

Jenkins, with all this money on the line busts out at Florida for 3 failed drug tests, multiple fights and refusing to practice or even show up for practice. THEN he goes to N. Alabama to rebuild his rep, so what does he do? He gets suspended for a failed drug test and gets into multiple fights. NOW he "acts" like he wants to turn his life around. REALLY? Why is that? Because now he fears losing millions by falling in the draft. He hasn't changed, he's a locker cancer and malcontent that will be a huge problem for any team that drafts him. 4th round? Fine, at that point you can cut him without much of a loss. But before that, no freaking way.

He also kept smoking weed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/