Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Colts, October 17, 2021, 1:00 PM ET (12 Noon CT)

NFLfan

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bills will beat Tennessee tomorrow and then we will be 1 game back and we play them in 2 weeks.

i think the chiefs beat them next week too .  if we can beat san fran we could have the same record as the titans and play them at home .  we could be in first place if every thing goes right the next two weeks .  then after that colts got the jets and jags and the titans have rams and saints .

17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think the chiefs beat them next week too .  if we can beat san fran we could have the same record as the titans and play them at home .  we could be in first place if every thing goes right the next two weeks .  then after that colts got the jets and jags and the titans have rams and saints .

They do play the Chiefs, lets how they do against a tough schedule. Tide is about to turn. KC at 3-3 has to win also because they are want HFA in the long run.

1 minute ago, poilucelt said:

don't overlook the red-hot Jags and their winning streak (sorry, couldn't resist)

God, are the Dolphins really this bad, with all of those draft picks? sheeesh

As much as I like watching the Jags lose, I'm glad they notched their 1st win before Week 10 when they meet us because had they not, they'd be a desperate, wounded animal and much more dangerous.

Meanwhile, the 0-6 Lions are currently looking up at Jacksonville, and well in line for the top pick in the Draft!

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After we beat Tennessee in 2 weeks will it be because they played bad or Frank called a good game? If you wanna bet on that game message me and call the bet. We have had a crap load of injuries and an horrific schedule is why we were 1-4. 

You're pumping up run plays against a bad run defense. We looked exactly how we should have vs a bad team.

@EastStreet, we beat a stinky team (so I am not popping the champagne saying SB - I doubt anyone is). I get it but the way about 7 or 8 people get on this team after a loss is comical and some of it is trolling, this will be a great week in here now. No win is automatic, tell that to Tennessee, they lost to the Jets. Now Tennessee has to play the Bills and Chiefs back to back then us here, things even out. That is why I tell people patience. We are fine moving forward. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@EastStreet, we beat a stinky team (so I am not popping the champagne saying SB - I doubt anyone is). I get it but the way about 7 or 8 people get on this team after a loss is comical and some of it is trolling, this will be a great week in here now. No win is automatic, tell that to Tennessee, they lost to the Jets. Now Tennessee has to play the Bills and Chiefs back to back then us here, things even out. That is why I tell people patience. We are fine moving forward. 

SF won't be a cakewalk. They have arguably the best D we've played all year. Fisher will get picked on bigly.

Have zero idea what to expect from our D though even vs a rook.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

SF won't be a cakewalk. They have arguably the best D we've played all year. Fisher will get picked on bigly.

It will be an interesting game, they are good in many area's. If Lance plays I like our chances and I am a Lance fan but he is a rookie that will make mistakes.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't you find it funny that almost all the media was putting Herbert in the top 5 QB's so far and the Ravens destroyed them but got lucky to beat us. I think eventhough we lost last week our players felt like they stood toe to toe in primetime on the road against a great QB and a very good team.

35 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

As much as I like watching the Jags lose, I'm glad they notched their 1st win before Week 10 when they meet us because had they not, they'd be a desperate, wounded animal and much more dangerous.

Meanwhile, the 0-6 Lions are currently looking up at Jacksonville, and well in line for the top pick in the Draft!

I'm not 100% sure who the Jags' Head Coach will be by the time they play the Colts

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't you find it funny that almost all the media was putting Herbert in the top 5 QB's so far and the Ravens destroyed them but got lucky to beat us. I think eventhough we lost last week our players felt like they stood toe to toe in primetime on the road against a great QB and a very good team.

I think Herbert is easily a top 10 QB, maybe top 5 (to early for me to say that).

Like I said to @Indeee , I highly doubted LAC was going to wax Baltimore. Baltimore is one of the best rushing teams, and LAC has the worst run defense in the league. Also, LAC's OL is still pretty mediocre to bad. They've been trying to improve, but it's not there yet. LAC/Herbert likely hasn't seen a high blitzing team like the Ravens since WFT in week one. And Baltimore is a lot better blitzing than WFT.

Ravens didn't get lucky last week. We took our foot off the gas on O, and opened the door wide open on D. We gave it to them.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Herbert is easily a top 10 QB, maybe top 5 (to early for me to say that).

Like I said to @Indeee , I highly doubted LAC was going to wax Baltimore. Baltimore is one of the best rushing teams, and LAC has the worst run defense in the league. Also, LAC's OL is still pretty mediocre to bad. They've been trying to improve, but it's not there yet. LAC/Herbert likely hasn't seen a high blitzing team like the Ravens since WFT in week one. And Baltimore is a lot better blitzing than WFT.

Ravens didn't get lucky last week. We took our foot off the gas on O, and opened the door wide open on D. We gave it to them.

I have Herbert in my top 10 so far but many of the media has him top 5, they won't now. Yes the Ravens got lucky (we missed 2 kicks - 1 was blocked) and yes we took our foot off the pedal. 

17 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

I'm not 100% sure who the Jags' Head Coach will be by the time they play the Colts

Barring another ill-advised lap dance, I think Khan lets Meyer at least finish the season, and get at least 1 year of coaching before he eats the rest of that hefty contract.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

they have a solid defense but it has regressed from the best in the nfl in 2019 .  they are not a top ten defense right now looking at the rankings .   frank said he expects both smith and nelson back .  plus the 49ers offense has been terrible with either jimmy g or lance . 

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Herbert in my top 10 so far but many of the media has him top 5, they won't now. Yes the Ravens got lucky (we missed 2 kicks - 1 was blocked) and yes we took our foot off the pedal. 

Missing kicks with a hurt kicker isn't really luck in my book. And the missed FG was a product of taking the foot off the gas. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Missing kicks with a hurt kicker isn't really luck in my book. And the missed FG was a product of taking the foot off the gas. 

I guess you can say the Ravens made a great play but how often does a chip shot FG get blocked? Most kickers can go 30 kicks without one getting blocked % wise is my guess.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

they have a solid defense but it has regressed from the best in the nfl in 2019 .  they are not a top ten defense right now looking at the rankings .   frank said he expects both smith and nelson back .  plus the 49ers offense has been terrible with either jimmy g or lance . 

7th in total yards allowed, 10th in passing yards allowed, 

And their 3 losses were to GB, Seattle, and Cards, and all by a score or less.

They held the Cards, who average 31+ points per game, to 17. Might be better than solid.

And they have a week off to focus on our film.... You think they notice Fisher? lol. I'm sure Bosa, who is 5th-ish in sacks did.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess you can say the Ravens made a great play but how often does a chip shot FG get blocked? Most kickers can go 30 kicks without one getting blocked % wise is my guess.

He was hurt. We were 2/4 on FGs and 1/2 on XPs.

If the guy is missing XPs because he's hurt, he shouldn't really be kicking FGs.

And if you know he's missed an XP, you really shouldn't take your foot off the gas and play for the FG.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He was hurt. We were 2/4 on FGs and 1/2 on XPs.

If the guy is missing XPs because he's hurt, he shouldn't really be kicking FGs.

And if you know he's missed an XP, you really shouldn't take your foot off the gas and play for the FG.

He just made a FG prior to the blocked one. No reason to think why he couldn't make a 35 yard FG. The 47 yard one, yeah that was iffy.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

7th in total yards allowed, 10th in passing yards allowed, 

And their 3 losses were to GB, Seattle, and Cards, and all by a score or less.

They held the Cards, who average 31+ points per game, to 17. Might be better than solid.

And they have a week off to focus on our film.... You think they notice Fisher? lol. I'm sure Bosa, who is 5th-ish in sacks did.

the seahawks game was a garbage touchdown late in the 4th they were getting bullied most of the game they made it look close at the end .   green bay light them up also . they are good but not great we have the same story as them basically playing good teams tight for the most part beating bad teams.   their offense is their weakness without kittle they dont have tons of fire power .  its a winnable game if the colts come to play

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He just made a FG prior to the blocked one. No reason to think why he couldn't make a 35 yard FG. The 47 yard one, yeah that was iffy.

If you know you're kicker is hurt, you don't purposefully take your foot off the gas.

It's pretty simple.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the seahawks game was a garbage touchdown late in the 4th they were getting bullied most of the game they made it look close at the end .   green bay light them up also . they are good but not great we have the same story as them basically playing good teams tight for the most part beating bad teams.   their offense is their weakness without kittle they dont have tons of fire power .  its a winnable game if the colts come to play

Their O is their weak spot. They have two weeks to game plan against our D, which is our weak spot. A can see their rook QB improving. Not sure I see our pass D improving.

Our O is our strength, and SF's D is theirs. And they'll have two weeks too.

As far as GB lighting them up. I mean, they have a guy called Aaron Rodgers... he did good, but only had 261 yards. It was close all 2H and it took a last minute FG from GB to win that game.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a 35 yard FG and he just made one. I get that he was hurt but I would send you in to make a 35 yard kick. 

1. you know your QB has been lighting them up all night
  2. you know your kicker is hurt
  3. you know your kicker missed an XP already

Even Reich said he was too conservative late on O.

Not sure you really believe what you're saying, or just being purposefully obtuse just to fluff Reich, who even admitted he screwed up. 

Just now, EastStreet said:
  1. you know your QB has been lighting them up all night
  2. you know your kicker is hurt
  3. you know your kicker missed an XP already

Even Reich said he was too conservative late on O.

Not sure you really believe what you're saying, or just being purposefully obtuse just to fluff Reich, who even admitted he screwed up. 

I never said Reich didn't go too conservative, you are creating a debate that isn't even there. My Point is injured or not you should make a 35 yard FG if you are able to kick which he was. I can see missing a 47 yarder.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats on the win!

Well Done Good Job GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Didn't get to see any football today. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Looks like the team you almost beat last week demolished this week's opponent. 

Yep, Ravens 34 Chargers 6. Some people in here haven't even acknowledge that. They just pile on us when we lose to a very good team. Vikings won too, congrats. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said Reich didn't go too conservative, you are creating a debate that isn't even there. My Point is injured or not you should make a 35 yard FG if you are able to kick which he was. I can see missing a 47 yarder.

Sorry... The same injured kicker that missed it, is so hurt, we signed another kicker who kicked today.... 

I'm not creating a debate. It was a horrible decision, which is the point, and which Reich even admitted.

Archived