Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monday Night Football

Chrisaaron1023

I like watching it with them. I was confused as to who was going to be play by play and who was going to be the color. But now I get it better. It's just watching the game with them like as if we were sitting in the same room. I'm enjoying it. So I give them a pass on the all over the place feel @superman

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I like watching it with them. I was confused as to who was going to be play by play and who was going to be the color. But now I get it better. It's just watching the game with them like as if we were sitting in the same room. I'm enjoying it. So I give them a pass on the all over the place feel @superman

Yep. It’s just one big party with Peyton and Eli. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I'm watching the Peyton/Eli broadcast now, it's kinda tough, not very well produced, all over the place, we almost missed the Mariota run on third down, etc. 

My new favorite way to watch football.   So much knowledge.   I loved Ray Lewis.  I hope the get Ty Law at some point

20 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I wish they would have some stadium sounds/audio and keep the game more main screen

I was OK without it. To be honest, I tuned in 2nd half, and only because it was PM and EM lol...

I'm OK without the stadium audio, but agree in some limited form it would help. 

IMO, EM and PM need to be in the same room. I don't care if it's PM's basement. Just get them in the same room and let them goof on each other. And it would be nice to see them on opposite bottom corners and have them looking towards each other.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

My new favorite way to watch football.   So much knowledge.   I loved Ray Lewis.  I hope the get Ty Law at some point

I expected nothing less from them, as far as insight and whatnot. Peyton was a little amped up early in the game, almost ripped his mic pack off at one point. He had to settle in after a few minutes. 

But if I'm trying to actually watch the game, how they set it up interfered with the action a few times. I'm sure they'll clean it up next week. If you've ever watched the college football championship coaches broadcast, they nail it. Roundtable style, several other coaches talking about the game, breaking down plays, giving background and bantering back and forth, it's the only way I watch the championship game anymore. 

I don't think they're going for exactly that, it's going to be less formal and structured, which is fine. But I don't want anecdotes or prop changes overshadowing the game action. It's like if I'm watching the game with friends, and someone decides to mute the audio or stand in front of the screen so they can tell a story. The game is still the main event.

Just now, King Colt said:

Millions like you watch soap operas and The Simpsons and like your opinion their opinions don't matter. 

Networks put on what people want to watch.    You said no one wanted to watch it.   You were wrong,  yet again.   I don't care what you watch,   ESPN will get great ratings with the Manning's.  

22 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I loved it!  It was like watching with my sons! :)

It was also fun seeing Peyton relaxed yet animated at times.  And watching how his mind works.  Just fun!

That is definitely how I'll watch Monday nights!   Also nice chatting with you and Rachael during the game!

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Networks put on what people want to watch.    You said no one wanted to watch it.   You were wrong,  yet again.   I don't care what you watch,   ESPN will get great ratings with the Manning's.  

You are truly as desperate as you are lost. You don't care what I watch? What are you my roommate? Get a life .........and hurry.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not only were the ratings good, but the reviews about the Manning’s I’ve read today have been very, very good!    People really liked them. 

What KC was wrong?   Shocking!   That typically only happens in days of the week that end in….  d-a-y. 

Thanks for the smiles. 

Hope you're doing well!

24 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You are lying with no rebuttal, no proof of your empty, useless post. 

You said ESPN was making a big mistake with this.    You were obviously wrong 

Stupid move by ESPN but that is to be expected.
  https://forums.colts.com/topic/70849-peyton-and-eli-to-call-10-mnf-games-on-espn2/?do=findComment&comment=2206023

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Always good to hear from you!   My wife and I are fine.   I miss your posts and think of you often…..     looking forward to better days…

:flowers:      :heart:

I will start posting again.  It's nice to see à lot of familiar names still here.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You said ESPN was making a big mistake with this.    You were obviously wrong 

Stupid move by ESPN but that is to be expected.
  https://forums.colts.com/topic/70849-peyton-and-eli-to-call-10-mnf-games-on-espn2/?do=findComment&comment=2206023

The FACTS are in so read them & weep.

The back-and-forth contest went into overtime, with the Raiders taking a 33-27 win on a walk-off touchdown pass from Derek Carr to Zay Jones. While the game gave plenty for fans to talk about, the debut of ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” with the Manning brothers stole the headlines.

On Monday night, Peyton and Eli put on a show for NFL fans watching the Ravens-Raiders game with constant skits, hilarious one-liners, and brotherly jabs at each other.

Fans couldn’t stop talking about the broadcast, but were people actually tuning in? Apparently not many. According to John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal, the Manning’s generated a 0.6 rating, with a share of 1.

MNF Overnights by network:

ABC- 6.5/14

ESPN – 4.5/10

ESPN 2 – 0.6/1

— John Ourand (@Ourand_SBJ) September 14, 2021

In contrast, the primary feed, televised by ABC and ESPN, rang up a 6.5 and 4.5 rating, respectively, and shares of 14 and 10.

Fans loved the conversation between the Mannings, but it’s clear most of the fans watching the game were following along with a the traditional broadcast.

Archived