Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Preseason Game #3: Colts at Lions, Friday, Aug. 27st, 7pm ET

NFLfan

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The ball was thrown behind him

Fair enough. It wasn't the most perfect pass for sure, but he adjusted himself and the ball did bounce of his hands.

He can make a niche for himself on those kind of contested plays, especially  in the end zone if the QBs can trust him. 

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

This is getting ugly, bad basics like blocking and tackling.  The first string line and defense are light years better than the backups 

Yeah...

Kinda sucks that basically none of our starters got any exp at all this preseason (except Paye and a few others in the first series this game). Especially with our schedule being rough from the get go.

39 minutes ago, Blindside said:

Yes Eason can move the ball between the 20's. But defenses know he is going to throw on it on second down. He needs to understand you cant throw yourself to wins in this league. You dont give

up on the run so easily. I just dont understand his offense what so ever. Maybe Im being too harsh but he has had time with the 1's and 2's and 6 points is not going to cut it. There are way better backups in the league right now.

Lets see what he does in the 2 minute. 

Highly DOUBT Eason is calling his own plays!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, but it's not what I was responding to.     I mean, the biggest problem is not having a PROVEN franchise QB.  Once AR proves himself (assuming he does) then I think FAs will be far more interested in coming here.  Until then though, we don't really have all that much to offer.  
    • SB era (1966-2023), QBs that have been considered Great or Very Good which is better than just Good, that never won a SB as a starter: The list Fran Tarkenton - great Dan Fouts - great Dan Marino - great Jim Kelly - great Warren Moon - great Ken Anderson - very good Danny White - very good Randall Cunningham - very good Boomer Esiason - very good Bernie Kosar - very good (won a SB in Dallas as a backup) Michael Vick - very good Donovan McNabb - very good Steve McNair - very good Andrew Luck - very good Cam Newton - very good Philip Rivers - very good Matt Ryan - very good Jalen Hurts - very good Joe Burrow - very good   -All of these QBs at least started in a Championship Game or SB but just came up short of winning it all.   
    • The problem, no. A part of the problem, most definitely.    Minshew's play can be classified in a lot of ways. I'm not interested in scapegoating him, he actually did a pretty good job of filling in as the starter; I'm also not comparing him to anyone else, including Richardson. But to keep it as simple as possible, Minshew's limitations definitely held the offense back at various points of the season. We saw his ceiling, we know what he can do and what he can't do. It's really great to have a backup like Minshew. It's not so great to have a starter like Minshew for almost the entire season.
    • Without a doubt one of the worst years for QBs in my lifetime.   
    • Don't forget PJ Walker's short stint in CLE. And we even managed to get a 3-game cameo from Mitch Trubisky. I think that would be my choice for the worst starting QB last year. PIT managed to lose to two teams picking top 3 with Trubisky.   It might have been the worst year for QBs that I can remember. And there is plenty to criticize Minshew about...I just take issue with things that are objectively incorrect. Like we saw what having arguably the worst QB room in the NFL looked like just two years ago. Minshew wasn't that at all.
  • Members

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,307

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 41,671

• Shaolin06

Shaolin06 30

• Archer

Archer 1,787