Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 18 (8/23)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sure that plays a part.   And it’s also possible that Dayo’s injury was more severe.  I’ve always accepted that when I learned their injuries were on the same day and EF’s timeline was said to be October while Dayo’s was talked about as more likely to be November.   That difference said to me the injuries weren’t the same.   

But as you noted, the treatment and rehab were likely not the same as well…. 

Everyone heals differently 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He didn’t do any team drills like Carson. Just did individual drills.

Since there are no linemen in 7-7 and cw didn't participate in 11-11, he could be at cw's level.  Hopefully, someone will report when he's practicing in 11-11.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That makes a huge difference. Also who the surgeon was. You can almost assume Fisher had the best surgeon while there is a possibility Dayo didnt.

It really doesn't.  Who do you think these guys who have signed with professional sports agents are seeing for rehab? The local guy off the street facility in TN or wherever Dayo was after school?  Not a chance.  The players are an investment for the agents at that point.  The whole idea that major college athletes and then soon to be drafted athletes, don't have access to top notch surgical and than personnel and facilities is a joke.  Hell, major high school athletes nowadays often see Ortho surgeons who are top level .... You think an Indiana Mr. Basketball for example who shreds a knee is just going to jo blow at community hospital south?  Hardly ....

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Guys don’t get “placed” on the PS.   They get cut first….  Then, if not claimed after 24 or 48 hours, they’re re-claimed and signed by their team.    In short, you have to let them go and be exposed to other teams before they can be out on the PS.  

I believe they actually become FAs after clearing waivers, so in theory they could sign with any team's PS if they wanted. But most end up signing with their former team...likely with a deal already in place. And that makes sense because it's the teammates and environment they are used to. Plus, it's probably the path of least resistance to getting on an active roster, rather than having to beat out players on a new team.

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yeah, I can't imagine they cut him. And he might be great on STs anyways. Just think it could be interesting to see what they do. 

But I will say this...this offense needs more than Doyle and MAC at TE. I don't think people realize how much Wentz utilized his TEs in Philly. And he is used to having very good TE talent.

Very true on the TE.  IF Ertz is released I think we will sign him.  Granson is not showing enough to prevent Ballard from looking at other options.  I think there is a strong possibility for an addition in the TE group. 

10 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

It really doesn't.  Who do you think these guys who have signed with professional sports agents are seeing for rehab? The local guy off the street facility in TN or wherever Dayo was after school?  Not a chance.  The players are an investment for the agents at that point.  The whole idea that major college athletes and then soon to be drafted athletes, don't have access to top notch surgical and than personnel and facilities is a joke.  Hell, major high school athletes nowadays often see Ortho surgeons who are top level .... You think an Indiana Mr. Basketball for example who shreds a knee is just going to jo blow at community hospital south?  Hardly ....

There is a good chance was still in school  because I believe VU is like Stanford

I think he was injured at Vanderbilt 

The VUMC is no run of the mill med center

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is a good chance was still in school  because I believe VU is like Stanford

I think he was injured at Vanderbilt 

He was injured working out for the Senior Bowl. Not sure who would handle the surgery in that case. But I am sure he was in good hands.

Regarding Dayo and Fisher, I think there are definitely different physical expectations for each player...and that probably plays a role in how their rehab goes. Fisher won't be supporting nearly the same vertical and horizontal athleticism that Dayo will be. So they could be on a similar timeline, but Dayo isn't quite ready to do the things that's he supposed to do yet, which are things that Fisher might not necessarily do.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I wasn’t saying earlier Dayo had a bad doctor. I am sure he had a good one. But being able to have the best of the best could of helped Fisher. Of course that is all speculation because we don’t know who did the surgeries.

I know you weren’t 

IMO the difference came from the oversight EF had during Rehab that DO did not have access to 

Looks like Eason took 3 of 4 starting 11 on 11 drills today. We will see what happens tomorrow. Looks like he might be on track to start Friday.  

Sounds like there will be some starters play Friday too. Reich mentioned yesterday Taylor might play a few snaps. Today he said it’s all on a individual basis who plays Friday. 

1 minute ago, Architects08 said:

Sorry if its been brought up before but hes not wearing a mask, did he get vaccinated? 

The NFL changed the rules. As long as you are outside you don’t need to wear it. Even if unvaccinated.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Wouldn’t forget about Farrod Green, though.  He stuck around all last year and had an excellent TC by all accounts…

This made me feel a little better about Granson and the backup TEs.  From Kevin Bowen:

“Guys that stood out at Monday’s practice: TE-Kylen Granson, RB-Nyheim Hines, S-Julian Blackmon, DT-Chris Williams, TE-Jordan Thomas.”

55 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I wasn’t saying earlier Dayo had a bad doctor. I am sure he had a good one. But being able to have the best of the best could of helped Fisher. Of course that is all speculation because we don’t know who did the surgeries.

I know what you were saying.  I was saying that doesn't really equate to much of a difference.  The NFL teams will pay for the very best Dr. Because they invest in the player.  Player agents will make sure a player who they rep, pre draft, has the very best out of the agency's pocket.... They have a vested interest in him getting as big a contract as possible....  It's not as simple as that, but I'm reality, it's not like a player who is going to be drafted, played at a major school like vandy, and has an agent....has demonstrably less access to top shelf medical care than an NFL player has.  If there is any difference, it's not for a lack of resources prior to being drafted.....

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

These Ortho docs who are stating the obvious after the fact, and basically just making an informed guess prior, and trying to turn that into a buck via fantasy football players.....crack me up.  

Yeah but Wentz has been ahead of schedule for awhile. Ever since he didn’t need a walking boot after 1 week.

35 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure but I think Zak Keefer said the Colts were at 75%

They mentioned this morning on 107.5 the fan, during KBs morning show, or whatever it's called now that they e run through all the good morning hosts...lol...  That the colts were around 75% and that to their knowledge, more than a handful got vaccinated at the beginning of camp.  If a lot of guys waited till camp reporting to get it, that would explain the masks earlier on, seeing as there's the 2 week window after first shot....

2 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

They mentioned this morning on 107.5 the fan, during KBs morning show, or whatever it's called now that they e run through all the good morning hosts...lol...  That the colts were around 75% and that to their knowledge, more than a handful got vaccinated at the beginning of camp.  If a lot of guys waited till camp reporting to get it, that would explain the masks earlier on, seeing as there's the 2 week window after first shot....

Brad Pitt Kiss GIF

2 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

They mentioned this morning on 107.5 the fan, during KBs morning show, or whatever it's called now that they e run through all the good morning hosts...lol...  That the colts were around 75% and that to their knowledge, more than a handful got vaccinated at the beginning of camp.  If a lot of guys waited till camp reporting to get it, that would explain the masks earlier on, seeing as there's the 2 week window after first shot.... the FDA approval today has 

Seems more players are getting it today after the FDA approval. The tweet is in the covid thread.

Just now, JediXMan said:

Yeah but Wentz has been ahead of schedule for awhile. Ever since he didn’t need a walking boot after 1 week.

Exactly.  The drs. We're always stating the obvious AFTER reports had come out on updates, if one were to take the time to match up the timelines between the rando Ortho fantasy docs posting on Twitter, and the reports from football media on updates... There has been very little posted by the docs that had accurate info pre update from media.  They have to guess, they aren't any more in the loop than you or I, they just happen to work in the same field as the surgeons that did the procedure..... It's not unlike ex NFL personnel opining on stuff happening now in the league....sure, maybe their experience lends a bit of credence to some things they say, but hanging on every thing they say or giving them too much weight, just looks foolish in the end.  Not saying anyone was, just the air of "official authority" in some of the Ortho fantasy guys posts, after the info they post becomes common knowledge, is funny.

Archived