Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 18 (8/23)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

6 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

They mentioned this morning on 107.5 the fan, during KBs morning show, or whatever it's called now that they e run through all the good morning hosts...lol...  That the colts were around 75% and that to their knowledge, more than a handful got vaccinated at the beginning of camp.  If a lot of guys waited till camp reporting to get it, that would explain the masks earlier on, seeing as there's the 2 week window after first shot....

Thanks for the information. 75% is not very impressive, so let’s see if some more come abroad and get the vaccine. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, cbear said:

Since there are no linemen in 7-7 and cw didn't participate in 11-11, he could be at cw's level.  Hopefully, someone will report when he's practicing in 11-11.

who are the 7 on offense in 7 on 7? I got a QB, maybe 2 WR, 2 TE, then what?  Just curious.  I'm not privy to such things.

7 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

10 am

There is also a practice Wed. It’s just not open to public like these others. So there will be 20 practices. 

Unless you are a season ticket holder, those of us get to have Wednesday all to ourselves if you can make it. So the notification last week. 

7 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

who are the 7 on offense in 7 on 7? I got a QB, maybe 2 WR, 2 TE, then what?  Just curious.  I'm not privy to such things.

I also believe, you have a center too, in this case probably a coach, who take. So can do 

RB   QB

WR    WR         C     TE    WR

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Center

Quarterback

Five eligible receivers.   WRs, TEs, RBs

You drop the Tackles and guards. 

Boo you beat me by a few secondshaha

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Thanks for the information. 75% is not very impressive, so let’s see if some more come abroad and get the vaccine. 

The story I saw said 75 percent is among the lowest figures in the NFL, where the goal is still 85 percent and many teams are now around 95 percent. 

Also, Frank or Chris said our 75 percent figure has plateaued a bit lately.   Not very encouraging.   Honestly, disappointing. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The story I saw said 75 percent is among the lowest figures in the NFL, where the goal is still 85 percent and many teams are now around 95 percent. 

Also, Frank or Chris said our 75 percent figure has plateaued a bit lately.   Not very encouraging.   Honestly, disappointing. 

It is not good 

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Is it me or does Wentz look slimmer.

He is. I just saw something today that he lost like 30 lbs. Awhile back a nfl reporter who did a interview with him mentioned how he looked really lean. Carson mentioned it was a lot of hard work. From what I heard him say awhile back once camp begins he tries to be gluten free and eat better over all. Apparently he was up to like 245 or 250 before losing it.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Depends on the scheme but it features skill positions so QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs

For offense, A lot of times 7 on 7 was every “skill” position and sometimes the center. Leaving out the tackles and guards (hence 7) The center never actually did anything, it was just to snap.

14 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

For offense, A lot of times 7 on 7 was every “skill” position and sometimes the center. Leaving out the tackles and guards (hence 7) The center never actually did anything, it was just to snap.

A lot of programs that run 7 v 7 drills in practice use a coach to snap for that reason

8 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Kylen Granson needs to catch everything thrown his way between now and final roster cut down day me thinks... You can see the athleticism and ability to make plays, he just needs to catch the darned ball (kinda integral to his role as a TE).

Regardless he will not be cut.

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Regardless he will not be cut.

Yeah, i think folks are not understanding the trajectory of a typical TEs life in this league. It is a HARD position, and rookies coming in gangbusters are uncommon. Anyone remember Dallas Clark's breakout year? HINT - It was not year 1

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, i think folks are not understanding the trajectory of a typical TEs life in this league. It is a HARD position, and rookies coming in gangbusters are uncommon. Anyone remember Dallas Clark's breakout year? HINT - It was not year 1

When Ken Dilger was drafted the Colts brought in 2 rookies

30 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

When Ken Dilger was drafted the Colts brought in 2 rookies

95? who was the other guy?

Dilger was an exception though, a guy whose rookie year was arguably his best. I'd love to see how he'd do now in a more pass driven league

31 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

95? who was the other guy?

Dilger was an exception though, a guy whose rookie year was arguably his best. I'd love to see how he'd do now in a more pass driven league

Pollard

27 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Didn't Dilger once "roll" for a first down?

He also threw a TD pass in his last game as a Colt

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Back to the back up QB. Kevin Bowen had this stat  on his podcast. Eason has 7 big pass plays to Sama 3 in both games. One of those was to Hines. His take is Sam doesn’t make enough big plays to make up for those 3 INT.  

Guessing he left out Eason 2 turnovers. And what does he consider a big play, twenty yards?

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Eason only had the strip fumble that wasn’t entirely his fault. He hasn’t turned over the ball.  Sam isn’t getting the ball down field. 

One fumble…. One turnover on downs when he was sacked going for fourth down.  Which made it even worse when he should have at least threw the ball away.  I’d argue Sam is still better at moving the chains.  Since we’re throwing stats out let’s talk points.  Who is averaging more points per drive?

4 minutes ago, Walkingbear4343 said:

One fumble…. One turnover on downs when he was sacked going for fourth down.  Which made it even worse when he should have at least threw the ball away.  I’d argue Sam is still better at moving the chains.  Since we’re throwing stats out let’s talk points.  Who is averaging more points per drive?

That isn’t considered a turnover lol.

7 minutes ago, Walkingbear4343 said:

They actually put the same amount of points up in the panthers game. Eason has had 2 critical drives to his one also.

Archived