Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College football 2021

Thought I would create a generic thread.

But really, I was curious on your thoughts of Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC.    There must be lots of money to gain because they will not win as easily or as often.   

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Myles said:

But really, I was curious on your thoughts of Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC.    There must be lots of money to gain because they will not win as easily or as often.   

I'm 100% sure it's about the money sadly.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I am laughing, as it means the Sooners and Longhorns will never win another sports title in a major sport. Nor do they deserve too. I also saw something like West Virginia may try to go to Big Ten in future if they can expand

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. And the D held.

Would absolutely love MN to get another score before half. Doubt it will happen in 1:28, but a boy can dream. Good field position though.

Stupid OSU being ahead. I want to see day lose and the Big 10 not change rules. 

I'm looking to Saturday to see how bad my Alma mater gets beat by Oklahoma state 

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Stupid OSU being ahead. I want to see day lose and the Big 10 not change rules. 

I'm looking to Saturday to see how bad my Alma mater gets beat by Oklahoma state 

It was nice while it lasted (MN being ahead) lol... 

The college football gods always like to tease us....

The Boise St / UCF game was a fun one too.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Coastal Carolina looks like they are going to be a force once again, McCall was on fire last night. Starting the season at 22 after finishing last season at 14. Their game in 2 weeks at Buffalo may fly under the radar a bit but could be a great Group of 5 battle.

I love the small teams making noise. Citadel is super weak, but good tune up for them. 

CC's season last year was great. Wish they would have got a better bowl match up (vs a P5) even though Liberty was also tough.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love the small teams making noise. Citadel is super weak, but good tune up for them. 

CC's season last year was great. Wish they would have got a better bowl match up (vs a P5) even though Liberty was also tough.

Liberty has made huge strides, I'm a bit surprised neither Texas State nor UTSA havent had a bit more success after their moves up to FBS status, been a rough decade for both.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Liberty has made huge strides, I'm a bit surprised neither Texas State nor UTSA havent had a bit more success after their moves up to FBS status, been a rough decade for both.

Liberty has made strides in a lot of sports. Very impressive athletics. Wouldn't be shocked if the Big 12 knocked on their door.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Liberty has made strides in a lot of sports. Very impressive athletics. Wouldn't be shocked if the Big 12 knocked on their door.

They bring money to the table and have been pumping into all sports , their rigid Conservatism may turn off the Big 12 to some extent but Big 12 find's itself in a very troubling situation. I would expect UCF to be a big consideration but the consensus is 4 teams will be needed. 

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They bring money to the table and have been pumping into all sports , their rigid Conservatism may turn off the Big 12 to some extent but Big 12 find's itself in a very troubling situation. I would expect UCF to be a big consideration but the consensus is 4 teams will be needed. 

Big 12 states are conservative for the most part, so it's actually a good fit, if that's an issue at all.

And they bring the Christian fan base, which isn't small.

Agree UCF should be considered. I expect SMU, Boise St, and BYU also. They should go to 16 and get ahead of the curve.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Big 12 states are conservative for the most part, so it's actually a good fit, if that's an issue at all.

And they bring the Christian fan base, which isn't small.

Agree UCF should be considered. I expect SMU, Boise St, and BYU also. They should go to 16 and get ahead of the curve.

They are, Liberty is a bit extreme though. I agree they should go big double in size to 16,maybe split old and new into the 2 equal divisions. Boise and BYU are both great programs and SMU is moving in the right direction finally (They likely never reach the Pony Express days but  the Death penalty stigma is in the rear window).

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

They are, Liberty is a bit extreme though. I agree they should go big double in size to 16,maybe split old and new into the 2 equal divisions. Boise and BYU are both great programs and SMU is moving in the right direction finally (They likely never reach the Pony Express days but  the Death penalty stigma is in the rear window).

All religious colleges can be "called" extreme though. They all get attacked for not being ultra lib these days.

BYU, SMU, Notre Dame, Boston College, TCU, etc.. BYU is actually stricter if you want to compare honor code stuff. 

Personally, I think academics in general have turned into a political sewer. It's pretty sad religion in general can't exist at a university without the far left going full tilt nutzo.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm happy to see Ohio State get the win.   Mostly because they are one of only a few teams capable of taking a playoff spot away from the SEC.

True. But don't see them beating Bama or Clemson. It's early though. 

I think folks are overlooking Clemson a bit this year after losing Lawrence, but their QB this year is pretty darn good.

OK might be the team though that can crash the party. Rattler is the favorite for Heisman out of the gate.

9 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

UNC line was absolute trash today. Howell had no time to move or throw. 3 int, with 1 fault of receiver for not holding the ball tight. 2nd was him pushing it cuz brown didn't bother calling a timeout on a game tying drive. Really bad job by them there 

at VT is always tough... If you've ever seen a game there, the atmosphere is tough for any visiting team. 

Big loss for UNC, but no shame.

Called all 4 teams a while ago...

BYU, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati planning to submit applications to Big 12 next week, sources confirm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32141325/byu-houston-ucf-cincinnati-planning-submit-applications-big-12-sources-confirm

Now make it 16, and add SMU, Liberty, Boise St, and Memphis... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Charlotte back on top of Duke with 3min to go... 

Dukies in trouble on the road. Thought they'd be better this year.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

at VT is always tough... If you've ever seen a game there, the atmosphere is tough for any visiting team. 

Big loss for UNC, but no shame.

I mean it was just so badly the line it reminded me of satele. 

Always noce to see Duke lose

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, wasnt UNC supposedly gonna be the team to challenge Clemson? That looks dead already. Clemson is a great program but they have it easy peasy in that conference.

Interested in what FSU does, they havent named Mckenzie Milton officially as the starting QB but most down here expect that. If he is close to what he was at UCF when he lead them to their undefeated season the Seminoles could surprise a lot of folks, they wont challenge Clemson but they could be in the mix behind them in the ACC

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Haha back in 2012/13 days of colts oline 

And always nice to see Duke lose a game

37 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Huge win for Charlotte first over a Power 5. Healy can coach, turned around Austin Peay quickly. Love when these underdog schools get these program defining wins.

Absolutely love little guys beating P5 teams.

And like the top says, always good to see Duke lose (FB or BB)... 

35 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dang, wasnt UNC supposedly gonna be the team to challenge Clemson? That looks dead already. Clemson is a great program but they have it easy peasy in that conference.

They're a good team. VT is also good, and it's a crazy tough place to play at.

I expect UNC to rebound nicely. They aint beating Clemson though, and never were lol..

33 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Go Ole Miss

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Lame Kittin sucks

30 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Interested in what FSU does, they havent named Mckenzie Milton officially as the starting QB but most down here expect that. If he is close to what he was at UCF when he lead them to their undefeated season the Seminoles could surprise a lot of folks, they wont challenge Clemson but they could be in the mix behind them in the ACC

FSU has a decent road ahead of them to rebuild. I expect them to be better this year, but their OL and a few other areas aren't good. Several years of recruiting misses under the old old coach.

I expect Milton to play, but also expect to see Jordan. Word has it, both looked pretty equal in fall practice. I do have a soft spot for Milton, so hope he ends up winning the job. Of course I don't want either to look good vs ND.

Early, but fun day so far...

PSU and Wiscy in an ugly game we all knew it would be. 0-0

#3 OK tied up with Tulane 14-14 (did not expect that). OK I'm sure heats up.

Meatchicken and Nebraska both struggling with small schools lol... Goooo Western Michigan!!

KSU up on Stanford 14-0 in an OoC unranked matchup. Stanford looking like weak sauce

Hope some of those stay close. Would love some more Week 1 upsets.

Archived