Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College football 2021

On 10/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Georgia vs Kentucky- Bulldogs deserve #1 ranking, Wildcats have been one of biggest surprises, if they stay with 10 here my hat's off to them

Okl State vs Texans-Cowboys best team in Big 12 so far but Texas when on can score a ton

BYU vs Baylor-Battle of 5-1 squads who have overachieved

UTSA vs Rice- Mentioned them before but Roadrunners are having their breakout season, only 13 unbeatens and they are one and up to 29 in rankings. 6-0 is not a fluke

Lock Of The Week- 3-2 on the season, wallet is fatter but 4-2 will sound much better.

Mich State - 3 Indiana. Dont want to offend the many Hoosier fans here but Sparty is playing some very good ball. Won by 17 plus each game except Nebraska and Cornhuskers are playing everyone tight right now. Walker is in Heisman discussion and Thorne is playing great. Indiana is 2-3 vs a tough schedule but coming up short, beat Idaho and 2 point win vs W. Kentucky.  Just hard to see Indiana staying within 7 let alone 3 in this one.

Okl State stays the best big 12 squad (They dont face Oklahoma until Nov 27,doubt Sooners are unbeaten by then).

Indiana stayed closer then I thought and battled, Spartans just tough to score on and covered raising the Lock to 4-2 for entertainment purposes.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 11 team's unbeaten, finally the nation woke up on the UTSA squad we have been mentioning for weeks and all are top 25. First week no head to head for the clubs so could come away from week still at 11 BUT...

Okl St an underdog vs Iowa St, not sure that reasoning honestly as Cowboys are legit it seems.

SD St a 4 point dog vs Air Force but that isnt a surprise as falcons have but 1 loss and Aztecs went to ot last week vs San Jose St

Wake but a 3 point favorite over Army

Pitt can show they are for real vs Clemson and make a run at ACC title

Lock Of The Week sitting at 4-2 coming off 2 in a row, not shabby...this week we delve into Coastal Carolina (6-0) who have won every game but 1 by at least 27 points and their QB Grayson McCall leads nation in QB rating by a lot.....(#40 is closer to #2 then #2 is to Grayson....) completion %, YDS Attempt....this Chanticleers team may be best non power 5 since UCF if not for Cinn this season stealing their thunder.  They get an App State squad who lost by a brutal 28 last week vs Louisiana . Would think this spread would be in the 14-17 range but it is coming in at 2....two ?   Yes 2.... keep this Lock rolling and make it 3 weeks in a row. Game is Wednesday on the Deuce .

Michigan/Mich State....highest both have been ranked in years going into this game. Harbaugh's year to show he can win the Big 10 ?

Georgia/Florida always a big one in my part of the country. Bulldogs look heads and tails better than anyone. Florida played Bama tight so when they are on...

Iowa trys to bounce back and though Wisconsin down this season they are not a gimme win for anyone.

Lock Of The Week- Took one on the chin last week to fall to 4-3......

Kentucky -1 Miss St.   Kentucky is having their best season in many years. Their single loss was vs Georgia and they stayed more competitive then most in that game. Throw in wins over Florida,blowout win over LSU and this team has earned their #12 ranking. Miss St beat NC State early in the season and also upset Texas A M but they also lost to Memphis,LSU and by 40 to Bama. Cats over the Dogs......

I think Sparty knocks off Michigan. I think Georgia routs Florida by at least 3 scores. Penn State and Ohio State is also this week. That should be a good game as well, but I think the Buckeyes win. Penn State is starting to fall off while OSU has looked like title contenders since their loss to Oregon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I had posted this earlier in the week, guess I didnt hit submit button and it got lost in cyberspace.....

First week no unbeaten squads squaring off but a couple teams could get tested in Wake facing N.C. and UTSA getting a UTEP team who has played over their heads all season. Bama vs LSU usually interesting not sure Tigers can hang this year. Also will be interesting if Oregon who has been spotty since Ohio State win can keep dodging bullets and stays in the 4th and final playoff spot.

Lock Of The Week- If you are 0-8 there is a reason and for UNLV it is multiple, they head on the road vs a team rested coming off a bye who won their last game 2 weeks ago vs  Wyoming (4-2) in New Mexico. Hard not to jump on this one and give the 1.5 points.....

4 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Thought I had posted this earlier in the week, guess I didnt hit submit button and it got lost in cyberspace.....

First week no unbeaten squads squaring off but a couple teams could get tested in Wake facing N.C. and UTSA getting a UTEP team who has played over their heads all season. Bama vs LSU usually interesting not sure Tigers can hang this year. Also will be interesting if Oregon who has been spotty since Ohio State win can keep dodging bullets and stays in the 4th and final playoff spot.

Well you called the UNC and Wake Forest one

LSU hung with Alabama the whole game and I'm surprised by that. Tennessee went on the road and knocked off Kentucky in a wild game. I watched that and it was a blast. If you love offense, you should go back and watch that game. Cincinnati narrowly escaped with a win over Tulsa. Cincinnati clearly isn't a playoff team imo. They've been struggling to beat poor teams the last few weeks. Tulsa had a chance to tie at the end of the game and their QB slid and was short of the endzone. Then the next play their RB jumped over the line and "fumbled" before he got the ball over the goal line. Still not sure he didn't get in but the refs said he didn't. Not sure it was ever reviewed either.

A bunch of one loss squads still in the playoff picture have big games...

Mich vs Penn St. -Wolverines should win but Penn State D keeps them in most games

Ohio State vs Purdue- Purdue when on can stay with and beat anyone not named Georgia as Iowa (2) and Mich State (3) found out already

Wake vs NC State- The Demon Deacons let one slip away and are now hanging by a thread and Wolfpack wont go lightly

Okl State vs TCU- The Cowboys are been the class of the Big 12 most the season and have the Sooners still on deck, TCU upset #12 Baylor last week, fluke or are they turning it around ?

Lock Of The Week- South Carolina +1 Missouri.  Gamecocks destroyed Florida last week making a statement and their first big time win of the season. The Tigers on the other hand lost by 37 to Georgia and a closer looks find their 4 wins vs Vandy,N Texas, S.E. Missouri State and Central Michigan...not a quality W this year. Follow the hot squad in this one.

Big week for teams clinching division titles

Pitt with a win vs UVA clinches ACC Coastal while Wake locks up ACC Atlantic with win at Clemson (Easier said then done). 

Oregon can clinch Pac 12 North by beating Utah while Utes would clinch Pac 12 South by beating the Ducks these two could well square off in the Pac 12 title game so for Oregon to make the National playoffs would need a sweep and to beat Oregon State in between, they do that and they punch a ticket. Utes are a 3 point favorite surprisingly enough.

UTSA faces their biggest test of the season vs UAB (7-3) their # 15 national ranking, unbeaten season and Conference USA championship would all go away with a single loss today.

In other games  Cinn faces an SMU squad that was hot early in the season but has cooled their last 2 weeks. Bearcats cant sleep on Mustangs though as they have had some real close calls and it has put their playoffs hopes on shaky ground despite not having tasted defeat.

My Lock of the Week as well as game of the week. Mich State + 19 Ohio State. We could see the Heisman winner in this game, question is which side produces it ? C.J. Stroud could pick apart the Sparty D while Kenneth Walker with a big game and ball control for Mich State could take home the hardware. This should be a hard hitting close game, some fireworks and Buckeyes likely take the win but Sparty should be in it and could win it. 19 is an awful lot of points between two top 7 teams 3 spots away from each other in the standings.

Cinn starts of the games of most importance Friday vs East Carolina, should be a laugher for the Bearcats to further cement their playoff resume (Though Houston coming up certainly will not be).

Mich vs Ohio State for the division title and right to face Wisconsin for the Big 10 championship. Ohio State really impressed vs Mich State which many myself included thought would be much closer. That was a statement game, Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh needs to pull out all stops to have a chance.

Okl State vs Oklahoma with Big 12 playoff life in the hands of the winner. If Oklahoma wins rematch in Big 12 title game if Cowboys likely them vs Baylor. I said all season Okl State was class of the Big 12 and nothing has changed my mind so far.

Georgia should easily handle Ga Tach, Bama the same vs Auburn, Wake needs a win vs BC to make ACC title game and prevent Clemson from sneaking into it. Notre Dame still has an outside shot at playoffs, need the perfect storm but win vs Stanford and it remains possible.

Lock Of The week has been in a terrible rut honestly, this season has been one of the craziest I can remember. Fools gold at time but Kansas State (7-4)  plus 3 vs Texas who has lost 6 in a row including vs Kansas ? Not sure how this line makes any sense at all and looked at the game from 8 different ways.  Deuce Vaughn the Wildcats 5'5 halfback has been on a complete roll and this game should be more of the same.

5 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Surprising news out of Notre Dame, who will now be looking for a new coach...any predictions?

Seems like the DC Marcus Freeman has a good shot.

Maybe a bit of a dark horse but I could see Bill O'Brien being hired though I think the rumor has been he ends up as the next Virginia Tech coach.

If I was betting money I would bet it on Freeman.

Conference Championship week time to see who is ascending and who is not

Conf USA- Love what UTSA did this year was wondering in preseason here actually if they would ever bear out and they sure did. Lost steam down the stretch and not sure they can be a high powered W Kentucky team again

PAC 12- Oregon been shaky for weeks while Utah is looking sharp, we saw a blowout a couple weeks ago, rematch could be closer but Utes should prevail

Big 12- I said all year Okl State not Oklahoma was the class of the conference and I think they show it and make the playoffs because of it

MAC-Kent St won by 5 last month, N Illinois lost last game by 21 vs  W. Michigan not a good look

Mtn West- SD State has had a great season and should cap it off by beating Utah State in this title game

Sun Belt- U of L won by 28 in the first meeting between these two clubs who not only have had good seasons but are programs on solid footing. If Billy Napier wasnt on the sidelines for this one I'd favor App State but he is so I expect the Cajuns to take this one

AAC- Cinn on the verge of doing something no Group of 5 ever has, Houston has won 11 straight though and I have a feeling this one is very close and can go either way

SEC-Georgia has been dominant while Bama isnt the Bam we have been used too especially on Defense, dont think this one is close and Dogs romp

Big 10-Michigan showed up in a big way last week vs The Ohio State, at one point Iowa was #2 in the nation as well but their offense is hard to trust and Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh gets the Wolverines into the Playoffs

ACC-Pitt QB Kenny Pickett has had a tremendous season, Wake has had a feel good season as well their defense though may be exploited early and often here. Panthers win the ACC. 

Lock Of the Week- Pitt-3.5 Wake....again Wake's D may be exploited by Pickett and it could get ugly.

Archived