Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Fields looking good so far

LJpalmbeacher2

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Bears have already said Andy Dalton will start and Fields has already said that he's fine with that.

Wonder how long into the season until they switch Dalton for Fields? Haha. I'm actually kinda rooting for Dalton to make something happen there in Chicago.

I personally really liked Fields during the CFB season through the draft process. Hindsight being 20/20 as far as his eventual draft position and what the Bears leveraged to move up for him I would personally have taken that trade over our acquisition of Wentz.

I’m in the wait and see camp with Wentz, and obviously hope he throws for a bazillion yards and hundreds of touchdowns for the Colts… but him and Fields are kinda in the same “unproven” category to me. One being a rookie and one being a reclamation project.

Between rookie with unknown potential on rookie contract VS reclamation project on inflated (though slightly offset via trade) contract I want the rookie.

Since there is no going back though I’m hoping they both do well and this is all a moot point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:17 AM, pgt_rob said:

Wonder how long into the season until they switch Dalton for Fields? Haha. I'm actually kinda rooting for Dalton to make something happen there in Chicago.

I would say by about game 5(figure they lose to the Rams and Browns, if they lose to Detroit he's definitely out). 

On 6/22/2021 at 5:17 AM, pgt_rob said:

Most teams try to bring the rookie QB in as their starter after the bye week.   For the Bears, their bye comes in week 10.   So, my guess would be unless the first 9 games are a disaster,  and/or if Fields shows a lot in practice, I’d guess that Fields would start week 11 so he’d have two weeks of first team reps to get up to speed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 8:17 AM, pgt_rob said:

Wonder how long into the season until they switch Dalton for Fields? Haha. I'm actually kinda rooting for Dalton to make something happen there in 

Obviously, it will only be a matter of time before Fields is given the keys. I will predict it will be very early when dalton is only average or below and Fields SHINES in preseason & practice. 

Archived