Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seems Mocks Favor Fleener Falling To Us At About 60%. I Believe It Should Be 82%.

These mocks believe Fleener falls to us:

http://www.nfl.com/n...?module=HP11_cp (April 4th)

http://www.draftcoun...ock-Draft-A.php (March 30th)

http://walterfootbal...draft2012_1.php (April 4th)

http://www.nfl.com/d...012/mock-drafts

^ Brian Balldinger is the only recent NFL.com analyst who believes Fleener will not fall to us. On April 2nd and March 16th, Bucky Brooks said the Giants would take him at 32nd, but in Bucky's first above link dated April 4th, Bucky changed his mind and bumped him out of the 1st round.

-----------------

These are some mocks believing he does not fall to us:

http://bleacherrepor...nds-1-2/page/20 (19th; Bears)

http://www.sbnation....ck-draft-rumors (30th; 49'ers; April 2nd)

http://www.fftoolbox...riter=48&page=2 (32nd; Giants; March 27th)

-----------------

Conclusion:

If he does get taken, the general consensus is he would land at either Chicago, the 49'ers, or the Giants. Denver used to be a possibility, but they signed Jacob Tamme, so that's now doubtful. My thoughts on each:

- Chicago: Since they have Brandon Lloyd, I'm doubting they take Fleener. The enigma is their new OC, Mike Tice. Tice played TE for three seasons (1992-93, ‘95) and worked as tight ends coach in 1996. Problem is I just don't see Lovie Smith and co. trusting their 1st round pick with a new OC, even if he was a former TE player and TE coach. There's more pressing needs to address on defense.

http://www.chicagobe...asp?coach_id=30

- 49'ers: Jim Harbaugh likes TE's and he came to the 49'ers via Stanford, so this looks like a match made in heaven. My concern is with Alex Smith feeling dissed by the Manning ordeal and the 49'ers already having one of the best TE's in the game in Vernon Davis along with a slew of WR playmakers in Crabtree and Moss, do the 49'ers really need more receiving talent?...

- Giants: I remember reading something about this becoming less likely, but regardless, this is the biggest question mark for me. I went straight to the source and looked at some Giant fans mock drafts, and rarely did anyone pick Coby Fleener, let alone mention his name. Even when his name is mentioned, most seem indifferent about it and instead desire another WR or o-lineman. The only reason the Giants would want a TE imo is for injury relief.

I personally think Fleener falls to us. I just don't think any of the teams are prepared to make their 1st pick a TE, even with all the hype surrounding New England's Gronkowski. This draft is rich in talent, but TE just isn't one of them imo. Coby Fleener is unanimously the best TE in the draft, but taking him in the 1st round just feels like too much of a stretch for any team and frankly, I think the analysts are over-exaggerating the "Gronkowski Effect."

Im going Corner in the second Ill go wide receiver in the 3rd but no higher just simply cause we have so many needs, and Ta'amu in the 4th (hopefully he falls their) Id prefer to get a wide receiver even later and go Ta'amu in the third which I know is a reach and then Guard in the 4th and wide receiver in the 5th, but I wont budge with Corner in the 2nd that is a desperate need

TE and Corner are the absolute biggest needs on this team, no two ways about that.

Brody Eldridge might be good at blocking, but he's shown nothing in the realm of route running and catching ability. Corner may not be quite on the same level, but at this point we have no idea what we have. This team needs true 'Man' corners. Powers is not that. Rucker and Thomas might be that, but who knows? I want a guy to stand at the LOS and play bump-and-run, press coverage. Maybe the current guys can do that, but I'm not too confident as they've never been tested at that.

Im going Corner in the second Ill go wide receiver in the 3rd but no higher just simply cause we have so many needs, and Ta'amu in the 4th (hopefully he falls their) Id prefer to get a wide receiver even later and go Ta'amu in the third which I know is a reach and then Guard in the 4th and wide receiver in the 5th, but I wont budge with Corner in the 2nd that is a desperate need

I would rather take a 1st round talented WR then reach for a 3rd round talented CB, You keep saying that there are soo many WR why not wait and take one later int he draft but same can be said about the CBs in this draft, unless Jenkins or Dre Kirk-Patrick fall i would be horrified at the thought of us wasting our 34 pick on a CB who we could find in the 3rd. Not trying to diss you just dont think picking CB in the 2nd (unless they are Jenkins or Kirk-Patrick) is a smart move, espcially with us taking a young potential franchies QB this year.

I think we sprint to the podium if he's there at 34. We desperately need a tight end, he has instant chemistry with Luck and is a talent worthy of going that high anyway - we just have extra incentive to pick him. I know I'll be hoping he falls.

There are two guys I want with our 2nd round pick: Coby Fleener or Stephen Hill. And because I want them, we probably end with someone other :-) I highly doubt that Fleener or Hill will be around, but getting one of them would be great. WIth McKinney signed I think we will draft another NT in the mid rounds, TE class isn't very deep so if Fleener is gone we will draft a guy like Hanna later. I think we should draft a WR with our second pick, probably trade down a bit in the second round an get another pick. CB maybe in the third (Josh Norman).

Giants' TEs need to run block more than receive, that is why I feel they will not pull the trigger on a receiving TE that early. They may go WR with upside like Stephen Hill to develop behind Nicks and Cruz. They also need a left guard and offensive tackle depth. I am thinking the Giants go O-line at No.32.

Fleener is a taller Dallas Clark that is a SLIGHTLY better in-line blocker. Fleener is more Tony Gonzalez than Clark or Gronkowski or Graham, IMO w.r.t receiving. I firmly believe either Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener will be there for us at No.34.

you are forgetting about the Texans. They have needs at WR and TE after loosing Dreessen. I have been spending time looking at their message boards and it seems that most of them are hot on Fleener as well because Daniels is so injury prone. I don't see Fleener being available.

you are forgetting about the Texans. They have needs at WR and TE after loosing Dreessen. I have been spending time looking at their message boards and it seems that most of them are hot on Fleener as well because Daniels is so injury prone. I don't see Fleener being available.

With the loss of Williams and Ryans the Texans will be goin for ILB/OLB more than likely

I've been flip flopping on whether or not we should go offense or defense (to me it really depends on who's left on the board) but I was just reading this from Adam Schefter and I think he makes a good point.

"Q: Adam, the Indianapolis Colts have so many needs to address. After the first round, what are some names and/or positions that you think they might be attracted to?

-- Bryan (Montana)

A: Fleener would be a tremendous pick if he snuck into the top of the second round, Bryan. They also can't do enough to protect Andrew Luck. There are defensive needs all across the board, but if you're going to build your franchise around Luck, you better make him as safe and as comfortable as he can be. There will be time to build the defense, and Chuck Pagano knows defense, so it's time to concentrate on that offense for now."

Fleener, Wright, Hill, and Janoris Jenkins (IF he can get his life in order) would be guys I would sprint to the podium for at the top of round 2 if they're there. I still say if the Colts want Fleener we would have to trade and I don't know id be willing to do that. In my mock I had the Texans taking him and if they don't I can see another team trading into the bottom of the first to get him.

Fleener, Wright, Hill, and Janoris Jenkins (IF he can get his life in order) would be guys I would sprint to the podium for at the top of round 2 if they're there. I still say if the Colts want Fleener we would have to trade and I don't know id be willing to do that. In my mock I had the Texans taking him and if they don't I can see another team trading into the bottom of the first to get him.

I love the idea of fleener falling to us, but like you said theres a good chance that won't happen. I think best Off. player available (besides rb) should be taken.

yeah the texans are def the wild card in the fleener sweepstakes. they could go fleener, but they also could go kendall wright, stephen hill, dont'a hightower...heck they could even go db or oline. i diagree though, i believe there is a excellent chance fleener is there at 34. people always get overly high on a player after a good workout, but they eventually come back to earth....scouts new he was fast b4 his pro day, so it's not like they were stunned

Trade down and grab Zeitler in the 2nd, and Allen or Charles at the top of the 3rd. We get our TE as well as completing the Oline. Plus we would still have another 3rd from the trade to use on a CB or WR. Like everyone is saying, we got a lot of needs to say the least. Time to load up on picks.

I have a question and I mean this nicely, but how much time do you guys put into figuring up late round mocks? I don't have a clue about a lot of these guys, and before long only about 10 guys drafted this year will be remembered later on.