Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Miley throws another gem and this one belong to the Reds! Hopefully we can take a few more wins away from Milwaukee before it’s all said and done.

Very good to see that. This is the one thing all of us on here can agree on, the brewers losing is great

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My reasoning behind the Cubs not selling is, I see no way they trade Bryant who is their best player unless they get huge return. If they trade Bryant and get didley then Hoyer has lost his mind- he isn't that dumb. No way the Cubs get rid of Rizzo either because the city of Chicago would be fuming mad, he is the most loved Cub and our leader. Kimbrel is our best reliever and just too valuable to trade as he still can be used even in the future. He may have 5 great years left?? He is 33 but only is used 1 inning a game. We aren't buying either IMO because I am not sure Hoyer is sold on the fact we are WS contenders.

KB it will depend if they think he will re-sign with the cubs, if not he is more likely to be traded. Kimbrel has option for next year but he could also get us a big return. Chafin, tepera  Davies, and joc are all free agents after year, and hoyer already said we are upon for business to sell. No to buy of course, but very likely to sell. And I agree Rizzo and Javy is highly unlikely to be traded, but KB is 50/50, kimbrel id think is 80% and the 4 i said above 75% at least one is traded 30% all 4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Very good to see that. This is the one thing all of us on here can agree on, the brewers losing is great

KB it will depend if they think he will re-sign with the cubs, if not he is more likely to be traded. Kimbrel has option for next year but he could also get us a big return. Chafin, tepera  Davies, and joc are all free agents after year, and hoyer already said we are upon for business to sell. No to buy of course, but very likely to sell. And I agree Rizzo and Javy is highly unlikely to be traded, but KB is 50/50, kimbrel id think is 80% and the 4 i said above 75% at least one is traded 30% all 4

I had read where Hoyer said he may be wanting to sell but I think it depends on how the first 2 weeks go after the all-star break, if we stink then I can believe it but until then, not sure I do,

NFL has to be pleased with her Mets . Cards are an afterthought with the rotation decimated much as any other team without a decent rotation . If the Cards dont make a move I  will be pulling for the Reds , and i really dont see either the Cards or Cubs making any major move in the state they are in . Not only pitching but freak injuries add up. Its been hard to follow the game like I want because of TV restrictions . Used to be able to watch the Cards , Cubs and Reds all three . Those were the good ole days. Im optimistically looking forward to the Colts and IU as well as ND football . can watch all three.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, Barry Sears said:

Here we go...Cardinals vs. the Cubs for a 3 game series before the All-Star Break.  Both teams have struggled of late, so this series may help set the tone for the second half of the season.

Been reading a lot about the Cubs being sellers at the trade deadline unless they turn things around in the next couple of weeks.

I think the Cards stand pat...no buying and no selling, because we have little to sell at this point.

I agree you dont dig a hole for the future salvaging a season probably already lost. They dump some major salary at end of year . I would sign Waino for another year along with Molina until they prove they cant do it anymore. Looking forward to Reyes in the rotation and the exit of C Martinez what a head case.   I believe  the Cards will have one of the most dominant rotations in the game. They will have to find good relief help through FA though.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had read where Hoyer said he may be wanting to sell but I think it depends on how the first 2 weeks go after the all-star break, if we stink then I can believe it but until then, not sure I do,

They are already preparing to sell, basically with the 11 game losing streak it forced the change is what Hoyer had talked about. The thing I saw regarding the end of the month is they may be able to get better deals as teams may be more desperate.

Also, tomorrow starts the MLB Draft

And can Cubs stop playing national games, i am tired of these crap announcers

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They are already preparing to sell, basically with the 11 game losing streak it forced the change is what Hoyer had talked about. The thing I saw regarding the end of the month is they may be able to get better deals as teams may be more desperate.

Also, tomorrow starts the MLB Draft

And can Cubs stop playing national games, i am tired of these crap announcers

At least it isn't Joe Buck tonight lmao . Cards are up 4-0 in the 5th, typical inconsistency of the Cubs. Morgan got screwed on that strike call - clearly strike 3, then gives up a HR. The UMPS are being CHUMPS again. I think they hate us! As far as selling, I am still not sold on it. I will have too see it to believe it. I was talking to a friend of mine earlier and we were discussing dynasties compared to the great teams category. He is a huge Dodgers fan and this discussion came up because the Cubs may start a rebuild. 

I define a great run/great team as a team that has been very good to great for at least 6 seasons or so with at least 1 WS Championship with the same core of players. The Cubs barely match my criteria but they are in that category - won it all in 2016 and have been very good to great from 2015-2020. Pretty much in the same category as the current Dodgers same core team, they have been very good to great for nearly a decade but only have the 1 WS Championship to show for it. Dodgers won it all in the shortened Covid-19 season last season.

A Dynasty to me is a same core team that has won 3 or more WS Championships. There have only been 2 in recent history and they are:

1. NY Yankees = won WS in 1996, 1998-2000 (4 + a 3-peat) with the same core of players.

2. SF Giants = won WS in 2010, 2012, and 2014. No back to back's but they won 3 so I consider them a same core team dynasty. I am talking same core teams not franchise history so we shouldn't get that mixed up.

-The RedSox have won 4 WS = 2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018 but it wasn't same core teams. Their 2004 and 2013 teams were almost completely different. I also consider their 2018 team as cheaters as do many people.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least it isn't Joe Buck tonight lmao . Cards are up 4-0 in the 5th, typical inconsistency of the Cubs. Morgan got screwed on that strike call - clearly strike 3, then gives up a HR. The UMPS are being CHUMPS again. I think they hate us! As far as selling, I am still not sold on it. I will have too see it to believe it. I was talking to a friend of mine earlier and we were discussing dynasties compared to the great teams category. He is a huge Dodgers fan and this discussion came up because the Cubs may start a rebuild. 

I define a great run/great team as a team that has been very good to great for at least 6 seasons or so with at least 1 WS Championship with the same core of players. The Cubs barely match my criteria but they are in that category - won it all in 2016 and have been very good to great from 2015-2020. Pretty much in the same category as the current Dodgers same core team, they have been very good to great for nearly a decade but only have the 1 WS Championship to show for it. Dodgers won it all in the shortened Covid-19 season last season.

A Dynasty to me is a same core team that has won 3 or more WS Championships. There have only been 2 in recent history and they are:

1. NY Yankees = won WS in 1996, 1998-2000 (4 + a 3-peat) with the same core of players.

2. SF Giants = won WS in 2010, 2012, and 2014. No back to back's but they won 3 so I consider them a same core team dynasty. I am talking same core teams not franchise history so we shouldn't get that mixed up.

-The RedSox have won 4 WS = 2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018 but it wasn't same core teams. Their 2004 and 2013 teams were almost completely different. I also consider their 2018 team as cheaters as do many people.

I would agree with you on NYY and Giants both are dynasty NYY the better one though. 

And Hoyer has said it will not be a rebuild. That it isnt like 2012, they have pieces and more of a reset more

And ya, Morgan needs to be DFA though he has not shown anything since he's been up. And ya, i can't wait for Robot Umps and then we just get a consistent zone which is the biggest issue with Umps these days, most are so inconsistent 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I would agree with you on NYY and Giants both are dynasty NYY the better one though. 

And Hoyer has said it will not be a rebuild. That it isnt like 2012, they have pieces and more of a reset more

And ya, Morgan needs to be DFA though he has not shown anything since he's been up. And ya, i can't wait for Robot Umps and then we just get a consistent zone which is the biggest issue with Umps these days, most are so inconsistent 

Yeah I am not sure why Ross even put Morgan in?? He stinks but he did get screwed on that call. That was a huge call because it should be 2-0 instead of 6-0. 

Regarding selling, if we trade Bryant and Arrieta retires it is sort of a rebuild. We will still have a few players left off that championship team but many different at that point. Bryant is our best player and was on that 2016 team and Arrieta was the best pitcher we had from 2015-2017. He won NL CY Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in WS games in 2016. He also pitched 2 no hitters during that time frame. That is 2 huge pieces from that 2016 team. I don't see Rizzo or Baez going anywhere though, I could be wrong but we will see.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not sure why Ross even put Morgan in?? He stinks but he did get screwed on that call. That was a huge call because it should be 2-0 instead of 6-0. 

Regarding selling, if we trade Bryant and Arrieta retires it is sort of a rebuild. We will still have a few players left off that championship team but many different at that point. Bryant is our best player and was on that 2016 team and Arrieta was the best pitcher we had from 2015-2017. He won NL CY Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in WS games in 2016. He also pitched 2 no hitters during that time frame. That is 2 huge pieces from that 2016 team. I don't see Rizzo or Baez going anywhere though, I could be wrong but we will see.

Well ended up not mattering as offense didn't score. I think only once or twice in a Davies start have the cubs scored 3+ runs. And at end of day putting him in is cause he gotta play who is on roster. Hoyer needs to dfa him so they don't have him. 

I mean a rebuild is what the pirates are doing, rebooting is restocking in off year like this the minors. At this point its 5 years removed from 2016 so to me I'm not comparing the roster to that. A rebuild is tearing down the entire team and knowing you won't win in next few years, that is not what hoyer is gonna do he said 

I just watched the Reds defeat the Brewers, they beat Hader 2 days in a row. Great stuff. Go Reds! Reds can do this folks, they can win the division IMO. Reds are only 4 back. Cubs and Cards are only 8 back at 44-46 lmao .

I am watching this on the Reds network, Nick just used the S word lmao , he said some clown was talking S about our bullpen, he said take that haha . The Reds announcers aren't as good as the Cubs announcers but not bad. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just watched the Reds defeat the Brewers, they beat Hader 2 days in a row. Great stuff. Go Reds! Reds can do this folks, they can win the division IMO. Reds are only 4 back. Cubs and Cards are only 8 back at 44-46 lmao .

I am watching this on the Reds network, Nick just used the S word lmao , he said some clown was talking S about our bullpen, he said take that haha . The Reds announcers aren't as good as the Cubs announcers but not bad. 

Winning the first series 3-1 is a great way to finish the first half. I hope they can come right back at the Brewers and smack them down three more times. 

10 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@Myles @Barry Sears  the Cards picked Michael McGreevy RHP UC Santa Barbara. There is your starting pitcher to bring up to replace all the injurieshaha. As a college guy I would expect to be quickish. Maybe Bullpen though

He seems to be a decent pick for the Cards.  Hopefully we can see him on the team in a year or 2.    

12 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@Myles @Barry Sears  the Cards picked Michael McGreevy RHP UC Santa Barbara. There is your starting pitcher to bring up to replace all the injurieshaha. As a college guy I would expect to be quickish. Maybe Bullpen though

Well, I don't expect him to be in STL this year, but stranger things have happened.

5 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Well, I don't expect him to be in STL this year, but stranger things have happened.

6 hours ago, Myles said:

He seems to be a decent pick for the Cards.  Hopefully we can see him on the team in a year or 2.    

I had not heard of him prior to the pick. And yes stranger things have happened. The White Sox had Crochet last year get drafted and was up in Sept and pitching out of the Pen

18 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan Pete Alonso won his second straight HR Derby, first player to have a 100 HRs in the Derby. He was bobbing his head and just having a joyous time while smoking bombs 

Thanks. I did not even realize it was the All Star Break. haha.  Sorry I missed it. I spent the time cleaning and disposing of damaged possessions after a storm caused flooding in my place. Nothing too bad other than the odor of wet concrete. :yuk:

Thanks again. 

Ny Mets Sport GIF by New York Mets

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I did not even realize it was the All Star Break. haha.  Sorry I missed it. I spent the time cleaning and disposing of damaged possessions after a storm caused flooding in my place. Nothing too bad other than the odor of wet concrete. :yuk:

Thanks again. 

Ny Mets Sport GIF by New York Mets

It was fun one to watch. Tonight is the All Star Game with Ohtani leading off and starting vs Scherzer

Every single comment tonight by Joe buck was about the Cubs and who they could trade. They had Bryant on the mic and his first question was how he tired of hearing about if he will be traded. Joe buck sucks. And KB should've said no to talking to him. 

Like KB has played so many spots this year and LF in the game, but he asked about trade first before anything else.

Nepotism is the only reason Joe buck has a broadcast career 

25 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Every single comment tonight by Joe buck was about the Cubs and who they could trade. They had Bryant on the mic and his first question was how he tired of hearing about if he will be traded. Joe buck sucks. And KB should've said no to talking to him. 

Like KB has played so many spots this year and LF in the game, but he asked about trade first before anything else.

Nepotism is the only reason Joe buck has a broadcast career 

Joe Buck is one of those guys that gives the media a bad name. He is an example of why some people think the media has motives and are annoying. It is like he wants the Cubs to be broke up. He never has anything positive to say about the Cubs. In reality it is none of his business how the Cubs approach the deadline but he constantly has this agenda that KB should be traded. He went on and on about this when we played the Cards. Listening to his nonsense made me mute the game. He is a sports broadcaster, his job is to do play by play for games. 

Archived