Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Eve Poll (plus data from Colts article Mock Draft Mondays)

EastStreet

Colts Draft Eve Poll  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Colts do with their 1st round pick?

• Make their pick at 21
    • Trade to move back
    • Trade to move up
    • Trade for a player and possibly picks
  2. 2. With their 1st pick (21st or whatever they might trade into), the Colts will select a:

3. 3. With the 2nd pick (wherever it is), the Colts will select:

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Where is this info coming from?

Info from my best friend. I'll try and have him send me a link next time I talk to him. He's never lied to me in the 5 years I've known him. I know that doesn't inspire confidence, but if he says it, it's true. Doesn't mean we'll do the trade, but it's definitely being discussed. Trust me on that.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've heard that the Colts and Jets are talking about a trade right now. The details are the Colts trade the 21st pick for the 34th pick, the 86th pick, and a 2022 3rd round pick. That's the rumblings, and why I believe Ballard made his comment in his pre-draft conference about being done earlier than we may think on Thursday. We could trade out of the 1st round completely before the draft begins Thursday. 

BTW, the trade chart matches up at 800 for the Colts at 21, and 34 (560),+ 86 (160), + 2022 3rd round pick (which equals a range from (116-265). So the final comparision if this trade happens will be the Colts giving up 800 points of value, and the Jets giving up 836-985 points of value over two years depending on the pick in 2022. 

So a great trade by Ballard to get our picks back over this year and next while only sacrificing 11 spots if he gets it done.

I would do that in a second as long as one of the DE wasn’t there at 21.

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  Radunz/Leatherwood  and Basham/Turner would be a nice start to the draft.  Probably need to have both picks in the 36 to 48 range.

It costs less to move up 6 to 8 slots in round 2.  We could pick up a third with the trade out of 21, and only give a 4th or a 5th to move up in round 2.

I was thinking about Leatherwood more. From what I understand he is really good run blocker. With as much as the colts run the ball this might be a good pick. Then let him develop as a pass blocker

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

How have you been Chloester? Haven't talked to you in a long time. Everything been good? Missed talking to you on here. :) 

I am good. Thanks. Things will be heating up in colts land soon. Then back to waiting for the season. Lol I want the season to start so bad. Can’t wait to see Wentz run this offense. He gives us the same skill set as Luck. It should be fun.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am good. Thanks. Things will be heating up in colts land soon. Then back to waiting for the season. Lol I want the season to start so bad. Can’t wait to see Wentz run this offense. He gives us the same skill set as Luck. It should be fun.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Wentz myself. I thought we may of slightly overpaid in the beginning, but after seeing everything go down in FA QB-wise and comparing it to the Bears situation (similar QB need and draft pick), I'm glad we paid what we did to get a QB. Hyped for the draft and expecting we'll get a few extra picks in the next few days. Nice to talk to you again! Look forward to hearing your opinion on who we draft!

Trading down is what every team wants to do. Everyone is scared to put first round money into someone they don't feel like they have evaluated completely. That's pretty much everyone this year. This could be a year the Colts feel like they know someone better than anyone else does and make a trade up. If there's a top-level Edge guy there that they really want, it may be the year to go get him.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Info from my best friend. I'll try and have him send me a link next time I talk to him. He's never lied to me in the 5 years I've known him. I know that doesn't inspire confidence, but if he says it, it's true. Doesn't mean we'll do the trade, but it's definitely being discussed. Trust me on that.

He saw it on BR I believe 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Where is this info coming from?

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Soooo 

200.gif

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you Dan. I apologize to everyone here as I thought this was a discussed trade and not a Bleacher Report suggested trade. My fault. Hopefully we trade back with somebody.

The suggested trade that peeked my interest was Xavier Howard to Dallas for pick 44.  If we trade back for more picks I would have a conversation with Miami.  

1 hour ago, coltsfan1965 said:

Trading down is what every team wants to do. Everyone is scared to put first round money into someone they don't feel like they have evaluated completely. That's pretty much everyone this year. This could be a year the Colts feel like they know someone better than anyone else does and make a trade up. If there's a top-level Edge guy there that they really want, it may be the year to go get him.

If everyone wants to trade down, that presents a good opportunity to trade up for Kwity Paye (who probably won't fall to 21).

I base my prediction on the hints that CB gave in his pre-draft interview.

#1 - Just like last year, there are 5 to 6 impact players that they are watching, for that #21 pick.

#2 - He acknowledged that OT is deep in this draft.

Prediction - If 4 of their 6 impact players are still there when it's time for them to pick at #21, they will most likely trade back, gain picks and value, and still have a shot at 2 or 3 of their watch group.  If they only have 2 of their watch group remaining when they get to #21, they will absolutely pick one.  And it is most likely that, given the choice, they would take an OT with the 2nd pick (because the draft is deep at that position).

Thus, let's say, if Kwity Paye (plus just one other guy) is available when they pick at #21, they will absolutely take him.  Otherwise, they trade back.  And grab a suitable OT in the 2nd round.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I figured it was the BR article. I read just about everything out there and all there is is simply opinion/guesses. Also saw and article with the Indy and NO. But I've also mentioned a few teams (including the NYJ) that I could easily see as targets for a trade back. I started to dive into team needs with the 10ish teams behind us, and there are just so many possibilities. Overall, would love to trade back, but won't be upset if we don't. My hope is that go DE then LT, but things rarely work out like we want lol. 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Soooo 

200.gif

yup lol. 

i would have been surprised if something like that got out (unless it was already fully baked). 

Colts are good at keeping things quiet, and you almost never want a potential draft day move leaked (especially 1st round).

41 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

yup lol. 

i would have been surprised if something like that got out (unless it was already fully baked). 

Colts are good at keeping things quiet, and you almost never want a potential draft day move leaked (especially 1st round).

My uncle’s best friend’s third cousin, twice removed, knows a guy who is married to a woman who’s brother has a friend who says the Colts are gonna....

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

My uncle’s best friend’s third cousin, twice removed, knows a guy who is married to a woman who’s brother has a friend who says the Colts are gonna....

Back in the Manning days, I seriously had a cousin with close ties to a prominent player, and had proximity to a lot of conversations. He'd rarely spill anything though lol. Maybe a few things after drinks on a rare occasion. Got some great autographs from those days. Back in the early/mid 90s, I hung with a few players, but we never talked about this kind of stuff. It was a whole different world back then.

I’m not sure, until I see who is available. So much can happen in the first 20 picks. 

If a Bluechip player is there, then I think we draft him.

If not and we can find a trade partner then we will move back. 

If a specific player gets within striking range then we’ll move up. 

Too many variables. :D 

Today is the day!!  More I think about it I wouldn’t mind the Colts going CB in round 1 and OT round two. I think the young players on the line will start to show their potential.  If the secondary can make the QB hold the ball 1/2 second longer the pass rush will get to them. 

Archived