Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie misses HOF

CR91

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been cool to see 18,32 and 87 go in the same night.    Reggie will get in eventually.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Championships and playoffs are not part of the criteria for a player to get enshrined into the HOF. 

Then explain why Bradshaw is in there.   Lol

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Championships and playoffs are not part of the criteria for a player to get enshrined into the HOF. 

If we're talking third or fourth try sure. Go ask Cris Carter, but this is first ballot. TO's numbers are way better and he waited three years.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is not the criteria. Each players is voted on on an individual bases. 

We have had this debate a few times over the past and it always ends the same. 

Bradshaws postseason success is the only reason he is in.   Him and Lynn Swann both

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But you said Championships and playoffs aren't part of the criteria with getting in the HOFame?? I am confused now.

To follow this up I think it does, had Bradshaw not won 4 SB's and Aikman hadn't won 3 they would not be in. JMO. Cam Newton won an MVP but has 0 SB wins and he won't even sniff the HOFame.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up I think it does, had Bradshaw not won 4 SB's and Aikman hadn't won 3 they would not be in. JMO. Cam Newton won an MVP but has 0 SB wins and he won't even sniff the HOFame.

Joe Theismann, Ken Anderson. Boomer, should be in before Bradshaw or Namath 

Every year we have this same conversation and come to the same results.

Most don't seem to know or understand how and why a player is enshrined into the HOF.

I understand, where I disagree with you is the playoffs and SB wins matter. Eli will get in, you know why? Because he beat the Pats twice in the SB. Based on regular season and his individual performance over his whole career he would not get in.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I understand, where I disagree with you is the playoffs and SB wins matter. Eli will get in, you know why? Because he beat the Pats twice in the SB. Based on regular season and his individual performance over his whole career he would not get in.

Players are voted in by a committee. Each player is voted in on an individual bases. 

I am sure not all the voters vote the same and have different opinions just like we do in this forum.

The old saying is 'it is what it is' holds true. 

Players are voted in by a committee. Each player is voted in on an individual bases. 

I am sure not all the voters vote the same and have different opinions just like we do in this forum.

The old saying is 'it is what it is' holds true. 

For the record I do think Bradshaw belongs in, he was a starter on 4 SB winners regardless of the team being loaded, he still didn't screw anything up. Other than Brady with 6, he and Montana have the most with 4, Aikman has 3 and nobody else has more than 2. Peyton at least got 2.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Namath is in based on 1 game, that is SB 3. Had he lost that game he wouldn't be in. His stats and record were MEH. SB 3 had so much significant on the league is why he is in. 

Namath is in for more than one game.

He’s historically important.   He also spurned the NFL and signed with the AFL out of college for $427,000, an unheard of amount at the time.  He also threw for more than 4,000 yards in a season back when that was unthinkable.   Namath is a landmark figure in sports.  He deserves to be in the Hall. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s historically important.   He also spurned the NFL and signed with the AFL out of college for $427,000, an unheard of amount at the time.  He also three for more than 4,000 yards in a season back when that was unthinkable.   Namath is a landmark figure in sports.  He deserves to be in the Hall. 

Not to mention he brought in untold amount of female fans into the NFL. :hat:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s historically important.   He also spurned the NFL and signed with the AFL out of college for $427,000, an unheard of amount at the time.  He also three for more than 4,000 yards in a season back when that was unthinkable.   Namath is a landmark figure in sports.  He deserves to be in the Hall. 

Yeah I pretty much posted that but vaguely when I said that SB 3 had a huge significant factor on the league. If the Jets lose that game then it would've been interesting IMO.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

Calvin > Reggie, and I'm a huge Reggie fan, but it's not and never was close. Calvin was always going in first ballot. I wish Reggie was in this year, but he's gotta wait. 

I would rank Megatron ahead of Reggie on an all-time list. Mega deserved to get in. IMO he wasn't better than Rice, Moss, or Marvin but he is probably top 10 ever. Reggie top 15.

Archived