Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle highest-graded offensive player from Wild Card Weekend

zibby43

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Both Doyle and MAC were nails. 

Would have been nice if we used both in the RZ..

Yes. Frank for some reason, did not use them in the RZ, just between the 20s. Bills' weakness was vs the TEs. The 2 drives they used to come back from 10-24, the TE usage went up significantly between the 20s and close to the red zone. MAC did get us the 1st and goal too before the half. Simply could have used JT and MAC blocking and releasing off the LOS for several plays.

But then, I have seen head scratching calls from Sean Payton as well, same with Josh McDaniels, so you live and die with those that they know that they are good that they outthink themselves sometimes. 

17 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Pretty darn impressive.

Please ignore the #2 graded player - he is most definitely not the future Colts QB . . .

Been calling for it for years haha

Back on topic, Jack balled out on Saturday. I wish we could get him and MAC more involved on a consistent basis. They're both really good all-around (pass catch & blocking) TE's.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yes. Frank for some reason, did not use them in the RZ, just between the 20s. Bills' weakness was vs the TEs. The 2 drives they used to come back from 10-24, the TE usage went up significantly between the 20s and close to the red zone. MAC did get us the 1st and goal too before the half. Simply could have used JT and MAC blocking and releasing off the LOS for several plays.

But then, I have seen head scratching calls from Sean Payton as well, same with Josh McDaniels, so you live and die with those that they know that they are good that they outthink themselves sometimes. 

I just posted data on TE usage this year, and compared to 18 and 19 if interested.

People really seem to not want to resign Doyle, but I want him back; he is an exellent blocker and if utilized well is an excellent weapon on the field, as well as being pretty sure-handed. Also, he's from Indy, and personally I want any player from Indiana to stick around.

Archived