Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Wheeler

lollygagger8

I think he should have been re-signed and utilized in creative blitz packages. He ran more like a RB than a LB. I was looking forward to him in an attacking Pagano defense.

Agree on the blitz package and ST hard to believe the Colts may will should be Blitzing alot this year.I used Blitz and Colts same sentence 50 point word bonus:)

Agree on the blitz package and ST hard to believe the Colts may will should be Blitzing alot this year.I used Blitz and Colts same sentence 50 point word bonus:)

You will see the heat this year with Conner and Mathis. I am looking forward to it. I am now wondering what will happen at 34? DT, TE or stud LB???

Another Veteran in the LB corp is was his only value for 2012

So what you are saying is his only value was his 4 yrs of experience? I guess/hope we have a diamond in the 'ruff' or a rafted stud. Maybe he was wanting too much money too? I was hoping to draft in other areas.

I'd rather see us pilfer guys from the Raven's roster. Wheeler was never much more than serviceable, IMO.

Honestly, that guy was more worried about his body fat percentage than anything else:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/7/28/2300679/philip-wheeler-tweets-his-body-fat

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/8/1/1600071/philip-wheeler-tweets-his-body-fat

I agree with more beef, I just feel that Wheeler was not utiliezed!!!

So what you are saying is his only value was his 4 yrs of experience? I guess/hope we have a diamond in the 'ruff' or a rafted stud. Maybe he was wanting too much money too? I was hoping to draft in other areas.

Maybe Pagano just didn't see him being a good fit in his defensive scheme...Or maybe he has his eye on a FA that is going to be brought in soon, and therefore Wheeler was expendable...Or maybe Pagano and Grigson both thought that Wheeler was playing to his full potential and that's why they let him go (although I agree w/ you in that we probably didn't get to see Wheeler's full potential due to the awful D that we ran)...whatever the reason may be, I am with you in that I was hoping to see us focus on other areas in the draft...I'm still looking for a strong TE to be brought in.

If we make Mathis and Freeney hybrid linebackers then we had a lot of guys at those positions

I'm guessing hat past experinece in OUR DEFENSE is irrelevant now

....our inside LBs would now be Angerer and Conner?..and the outside guys are the hybrids..(Mathis and Hughes) and the other guys

we've picked up.

...we have to decide where and when Freeney plays.../ I'm not sure why he cant still be an end in OUR VERSION of the 3-4

I think we will have so much disguise we will be switching back and fort from 4-3 to 3-4. Havoc and Mayhem (Freeney and Mathis) will still be just that....in attack mode.

This is what I'm beginning to hope for...

...When you play Balt and Pitt you dont know who's coming and who's covering where.

With Freeney and Mathis..we can be that way...

Its a gambling defense but it can send guys in unblocked.

Mathis has clearly (from his statments) bought into it and I hope Freeney does, too.

This is what I'm beginning to hope for...

...When you play Balt and Pitt you dont know who's coming and who's covering where.

With Freeney and Mathis..we can be that way...

Its a gambling defense but it can send guys in unblocked.

Mathis has clearly (from his statments) bought into it and I hope Freeney does, too.

I wish we had a Pollamalu (spelling?) to cause some DB havoc too.

I'd rather see us pilfer guys from the Raven's roster. Wheeler was never much more than serviceable, IMO.

Honestly, that guy was more worried about his body fat percentage than anything else:

http://www.stampedeb...ts-his-body-fat

http://www.stampedeb...ts-his-body-fat

Because he tweeted his body fat that somehow means he was more worried about his body fat percentage than anything else?

Wheeler was a good, not great LB and I think he will always be a good LB. Hopefully is does well with the Raiders.

Because he tweeted his body fat that somehow means he was more worried about his body fat percentage than anything else?

Wheeler was a good, not great LB and I think he will always be a good LB. Hopefully is does well with the Raiders.

There are very few players that obsess about something that doesn't amount to anything in the NFL.

In any case, Wheeler was an average player with an exceptional body fat percentage. I'd rather have an exceptional player with average body fat percentage. Basically, he was a workout warrior to an extent, but it just doesn't/didn't translate to the field.