Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF Discussion Patriots Jets

danlhart87

8 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I applaud Gase for giving up play calling duties because he realized he wasn't helping the offense. Hope Reich gives up his fantasy and does the same

But that last sequence when they were tied 27-27, not at least making the Patriots use 2 of their timeouts, was terrible. Belichick, on the other hand, masterfully used his time and remaining timeouts, IMO.

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Both Flacko & Cam looked better than old man rivers.

Their arm looked better, no doubt but to be fair, it was 2 of the bottom 10 teams in the AFC possibly going at each other, with one of them the literal bottom. It is not the same as 2 Top 10 teams going at each other in the AFC like the Ravens vs Colts.

Sure looked like the Jets gave away the game at the end. I don't blame them. Smart to lose and get Lawrence next year. Would have also been smart for the Pats to lose to try to prevent the Jets from getting him. Right now the Jags have one win so it will come down to them and the Jets.

35 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Sure looked like the Jets gave away the game at the end. I don't blame them. Smart to lose and get Lawrence next year. Would have also been smart for the Pats to lose to try to prevent the Jets from getting him. Right now the Jags have one win so it will come down to them and the Jets.

Got to love how the Jets defenders raced over to the receiver after he made a sliding catch, to touch him “down.” Why not simply let him lay there, and maybe the refs let the clock run out. The receiver slid to the ground to make the catch. He did not “give himself up.”

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

However, the Jags win over Indy, a winning team would count for more than the Jets win over the Pats, right, if Indy finishes with a better record than the Pats? So, get the win while you can and let things play out. They may not get a win the rest of the way, if you look at their schedule.

Since 2008, we possibly could have three 0-16 teams in 13 seasons.

58 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I feel bad for Joe Flacco. What a mess of a team this is.

He'll be fine. I heard he went home, kissed his beautiful wife, hugged his 5 kids, shined his SB ring, checked his bank account, and fell asleep with a smile on his face. :D

35 minutes ago, coltsva said:

He'll be fine. I heard he went home, kissed his beautiful wife, hugged his 5 kids, shined his SB ring, checked his bank account, and fell asleep with a smile on his face. :D

Yea, but how'd he go from having a SB win to playing for the Jets? They must be paying him a lot to convince him to stay on this train wreck.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

However, the Jags win over Indy, a winning team would count for more than the Jets win over the Pats, right, if Indy finishes with a better record than the Pats? So, get the win while you can and let things play out. They may not get a win the rest of the way, if you look at their schedule.

Since 2008, we possibly could have three 0-16 teams in 13 seasons.

yeah they have only one bad team left on the schedule, its on the road with the chargers clearly having more talent than them 

kind of funny that such a poor team ended up with a schedule this tough.  Trevor has not declared and ended the discussion recently too

36 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Yea, but how'd he go from having a SB win to playing for the Jets? They must be paying him a lot to convince him to stay on this train wreck.

He’s seen better times, that’s for sure.

I heard Jets fans doing their chant last night. J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST

At first I thought they messed up, then I realized they didn’t. 

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Their arm looked better, no doubt but to be fair, it was 2 of the bottom 10 teams in the AFC possibly going at each other, with one of them the literal bottom. It is not the same as 2 Top 10 teams going at each other in the AFC like the Ravens vs Colts.

It's not the competition of their opponents I was referring to. It was like you said arm strength,  but also mobility especially in Cam's game. 

Cam seemingly won that game practically by himself. No weapons at all at his disposal except a strong RB.

Yes it was against a dismal jet team but colts/rivers have faced their share of  bottom teams so far too.

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

BB tried to throw the game. 4 starters on D out both tackles out.. even he can’t see the Jets being THIS bad..  

Going to be tough sledding for the Pats next year in terms of QBs in the division:

Bills - Allen

Miami - Tua

Jets - Lawrence

It's amazing how fast the East turned right when Brady left. 

19 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Going to be tough sledding for the Pats next year in terms of QBs in the division:

Bills - Allen

Miami - Tua

Jets - Lawrence

It's amazing how fast the East turned right when Brady left. 

Pats will also have probably a new QB as well from this very good QB class.. that said I’m not afraid of Lawrence with the Jets.. not unless  they get smart and hire good football people.

Tua — has the tools but more importantly IMO had a damn good HC to lean on as he has built up a pretty good D.

Allen — Man that Diggs trade was HUGE! IMO that’s the difference this year for him.  Although the D has taken a huge step back.

I say of the three Tua is in the best position right now. Has decent talent around him a very good D And the second best coach in the AFC East.

15 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Pats will also have probably a new QB as well from this very good QB class.. that said I’m not afraid of Lawrence with the Jets.. not unless  they get smart and hire good football people.

Tua — has the tools but more importantly IMO had a damn good HC to lean on as he has built up a pretty good D.

Allen — Man that Diggs trade was HUGE! IMO that’s the difference this year for him.  Although the D has taken a huge step back.

I say of the three Tua is in the best position right now. Has decent talent around him a very good D And the second best coach in the AFC East.

Jets have a pretty good stock pile of draft picks in 2021 and 2022. They have two #1s for 2021 and 2022.  (four first round picks over the next two drafts) 

As it stands right now they have 18 picks over the next two drafts. 

As far as the Jets having smart people running the team the verdict is still out on GM Joe Douglas. 

Look at the score card, a lot of these "can't miss" QB's are already misses. It wasn't long ago the Bucs and Titans had the #1 and #2 pick, both took QB's, and both let them walk. I have no doubt that a team is going to give up a lot to get a top 10 QB and will be looking again 4 years later, most likely it will be the Jags.

19 hours ago, JimJaime said:

I agree. Tua is in a great situation and they have a ton of draft picks as well.

Which QB do you hope the Pats take in the draft?  Assuming they are picking somewhere between 10-15.

1 hour ago, FortheWin said:

I agree. Tua is in a great situation and they have a ton of draft picks as well.

Which QB do you hope the Pats take in the draft?  Assuming they are picking somewhere between 10-15.

I’m hoping for Wilson from BYU he looks very accurate and with McDaniels and BB as his coach. I see him excelling here. 

17 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Look at the score card, a lot of these "can't miss" QB's are already misses. It wasn't long ago the Bucs and Titans had the #1 and #2 pick, both took QB's, and both let them walk. I have no doubt that a team is going to give up a lot to get a top 10 QB and will be looking again 4 years later, most likely it will be the Jags.

Look what mess they were going to. IMO whichever top QB BB takes has a better chance being successful than the QBs selected by the Jets,Jags or Washington. 

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Look what mess they were going to. IMO whichever top QB BB takes has a better chance being successful than the QBs selected by the Jets,Jags or Washington. 

Coaching wise but not skill-position wise. I think any rookie QB will struggle because the offense is bereft of talent all over. Of course that could change too with the draft and FA.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, FortheWin said:

I am hoping they can get BYU Wilson high accuracy rate and low interceptions

On 11/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, FortheWin said:

Coaching wise but not skill-position wise. I think any rookie QB will struggle because the offense is bereft of talent all over. Of course that could change too with the draft and FA.

Pats also have a lot of cap space to sign a couple FA WR who are good.  We have a great o line, and good RB.  Our D be better with 6 starters returning who opted out.

Archived