Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 - 2021 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, w87r said:

Cant say I'm to thrilled with the new coach, hopefully he proves me wrong.

He has been the favorite for a while though. Seen his name floating around for a little bit.

Yeah, I don't know much about him, so I cannot say whether or not I'm "excited" or "disappointed" in the hire.

Looks like he has some connection to TJ Warren when he was with the Phoenix Suns.

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Yeah, I don't know much about him, so I cannot say whether or not I'm "excited" or "disappointed" in the hire.

Looks like he has some connection to TJ Warren when he was with the Phoenix Suns.

Im sure he will be fine. Toronto is a great organization. 

This was a big first step, now, now onto roster notifications.

• 3 weeks later...

Staff updates:

New Assistant Coach - Kaleb Canales

New Assistant Coach - Greg Foster

New Assistant GM - Ted Wu

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2020/11/07/pacers-hire-league-office-capologist-ted-wu-replace-peter-dinwiddie/6059319002/

Popeye Jones, Dan Burke, and Peter Dinwiddie have all left for Philadelphia, interestingly enough.

17 hours ago, MTC said:

Welp.

I see something different almost daily on him.  One day he wants out and the next he wants to stay.  Rumors that several teams have interest in him, but I think most want to wait and see how he's playing.  Maybe a trade deadline deal would bring the Pacers something more in return.  And, the annual rumors about Turner being dealt, too.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How did he last until 54? I just seen a special on him with Coach K talking about him. Coach K was saying he was a better athlete than Zion. I thought he would go top 5, strange. He has a 44 inch vertical leap to boot. 

This was a strange draft

Over half the guys drafted in the 1st round I hadn’t heard of

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How did he last until 54? I just seen a special on him with Coach K talking about him. Coach K was saying he was a better athlete than Zion. I thought he would go top 5, strange. He has a 44 inch vertical leap to boot. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He even put up good stats last year playing for Duke. I am trying to figure out why he went so low??

Trying to figure out the same thing about Ashton Hagans Khalil Whitney and Cassius Winston

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you go to Stanley's youtube montage, he looks like a young Paul George. Plays just like him but has better ups.

After reading the write up on Nick Richards I don’t think the scouts watched much game or practice tape

i don’t think the teams did the same scouting they usually do

Tyrus Maxey only met with team

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

After reading the write up on Nick Richards I don’t think the scouts watched much game or practice tape

i don’t think the teams did the same scouting they usually do

Tyrus Maxey only met with team

Seems like it. I just had seen the special on ESPN (Sunday) about Stanley and I was thinking man this guy looks awesome. When I found out we got him at 54 I was stunned.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I thought AJ was a key part of the future plans

Yeah, disappointing. I like Alize, he should of got more PT last year in the bubble.

Jakarr Sampson:facepalm:

Dont get me wrong, I like Jakarr as a 14th/15th man but he shouldn't of been playing so much if at all.

McMillan is gone for a reason. Horrible coaching decisions and even worse rotations.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah, disappointing. I like Alize, he should of got more PT last year in the bubble.

Jakarr Sampson:facepalm:

Dont get me wrong, I like Jakarr as a 14th/15th man but he shouldn't of been playing so much if at all.

McMillan is gone for a reason. Horrible coaching decisions and even worse rotations.

Thank U GIF

Scott Agness: Source: Rayshaun Hammonds has agreed to an Exhibit 10 deal with the Pacers. He’s a lefty with range, and did part of his pre-draft training in Indy.

7 hours ago – via Twitter ScottAgness

9 hours ago, MTC said:

Cassius Stanley reminds me of Gerald Green. He'll probably start out in the G-League, but could be someone to watch down the line competing for minutes because of his athleticism.

Really like Stanley. Solid pick.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

Do you guys think Gordon Hayward would be a good fit with the Pacers?

I think he would.

Question is what do we have to give up for him? Sign and trade is about the only way.

I don't want to trade Turner for him.

If they would take some combination of Goga, Lamb, Mcbuckets, or Sumner/Leaf and/ or pick I would be game. Even Oladipo.

Brogdon, Hayward, Warren, Sabonis, Turner is nice. Little unorthodox but really gives a lot of lineup flexibility.

Hayward and Warren can both play stretch 4 as well when Turner and Sabonis are not on floor together.

Brogdon can slide over to the 2 and have Holiday run the point.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think he would.

Question is what do we have to give up for him? Sign and trade is about the only way.

I don't want to trade Turner for him.

If they would take some combination of Goga, Lamb, Mcbuckets, or Sumner/Leaf and/ or pick I would be game. Even Oladipo.

Brogdon, Hayward, Warren, Sabonis, Turner is nice. Little unorthodox but really gives a lot of lineup flexibility.

Hayward and Warren can both play stretch 4 as well when Turner and Sabonis are not on floor together.

Brogdon can slide over to the 2 and have Holiday run the point.

Sounds like GH wants to come home

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@w87r

I believe he will(is) a FA

We dont have cap space to sign him outright though. Would have to be S+T.

Just read an article that says we have offered Turner and McBuckets.

Celtics are asking for Turner and Warren/or Oladipo.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260405/Gordon-Hayward-Fully-Focused-On-Ending-Up-With-Pacers

If we do that, I probably wont even watch the season.

Archived