• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Melo no longer available resign with Portland

@w87r

Yeah just saw that.

Pacers did sign:

Chris Haynes: Free agent big Amida Brimah has reached an agreement with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

– via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

Dont know much about him but a 6'10" shot blocker

26yrs old.

Pacers have inquired about potentially making a S+T deal for Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Not sure he does a much for the team as Hayward would of. Not to sure of the fit.

If we could do a Oladipo and a pick I could see it, but seems Turner is still the name floating around discussions.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260496/Pacers-Interested-In-Sign-And-Trade-For-Bogdan-Bogdanovic

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Yeah, he'll spend most time with the Mad Antz.

Yeah

Plus get is out of luxury tax.

Scott Agness: By trading TJ Leaf ($4.3M), the Pacers are no longer over the luxury tax.

– via Twitter ScottAgness

1 hour ago, Myles said:

It doesn't seem like the Pacers have improved the team much if any yet.      

They improve just by getting healthy though.

And hopefully a little better coaching. Nate left a lot to be desired last year woth his rotations.

im not an nba cap expert but i read the pacers were among the lowest payrolls in the league last year.  so now the plan is shedding money while doing nothing to get better?  awesome plan

TJ leaf was a non factor but this team needed to do something that matters 

52 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

im not an nba cap expert but i read the pacers were among the lowest payrolls in the league last year.  so now the plan is shedding money while doing nothing to get better?  awesome plan

TJ leaf was a non factor but this team needed to do something that matters 

Pacers were in luxury tax before Leaf trade. They didn't have cap space.

Only way to improve was by trade, which only player that makes sense to trade is Oladipo, bit his value wasn't there.

We have a new coach and will be healthy coming into next season. We were already top 4/5 team in East.

Would you of liked to trade Turner and Dipo/ or Warren for Hayward?

What would you like to do? What move would you of made

It's easy to come in and say we should do something. Would love to hear what you would do to improve the team.

We do have a non tax payer MLE($9.5M) or BAE($3m+) right now if we choose to use it, so there is still a chance we bring someone in, but again what?

Stretch 4

Small forward

Would put us in luxury tax though. The way the team is built its hard to determine what we actually even need.

I think better coaching(potentially) could be all we need to compete.

36 minutes ago, w87r said:

Pacers were in luxury tax before Leaf trade. They didn't have cap space.

Only way to improve was by trade, which only player that makes sense to trade is Oladipo, bit his value wasn't there.

We have a new coach and will be healthy coming into next season. We were already top 4/5 team in East.

Would you of liked to trade Turner and Dipo/ or Warren for Hayward?

What would you like to do? What move would you of made

It's easy to come in and say we should do something. Would love to hear what you would do to improve the team.

We do have a non tax payer MLE($9.5M) or BAE($3m+) right now if we choose to use it, so there is still a chance we bring someone in, but again what?

Stretch 4

Small forward

Would put us in luxury tax though. The way the team is built its hard to determine what we actually even need.

I think better coaching(potentially) could be all we need to compete.

i did read they had the lowest payroll in the league last year, but i did not hear about this year.  maybe lots of teams are in the luxury tax?

as for what to do i would trade one of turner or sabonis, i dont believe they fit well together.  i will go ahead and say this too, i would be looking to trade victor by the deadline.  i dont believe 2017 victor will ever happen again.

it is hard to name specific trades, no one really mentioned doma or victor when we had to trade pg

Just now, aaron11 said:

i did read they had the lowest payroll in the league last year, but i did not hear about this year.  maybe lots of teams are in the luxury tax?

as for what to do i would trade one of turner or sabonis, i dont believe they fit well together.  i will go ahead and say this too, i would be looking to trade victor by the deadline.  i dont believe 2017 victor will ever happen again.

it is hard to name specific trades, no one really mentioned doma or victor when we had to trade pg

I would love to trade Victor as well, but reports are his trade value is extremely low right now, if any at all. Hopefully he can cone back and return to form a little bit so a move could be made at the deadline. Im pretty sure Oladipo wont be resigning woth us next year, so definitely need to get something for him sometime before trade deadline.

I just hate the thought of trading Turner. Kinda the same for Sabonis, if I had to keep 1 it would be Turner though.

Guy literally is top 5 shot blocker and shoots the 3 ball at a % comparable to Harden.

I think Turner and Sabonis can play together, hopefully our new Nate can make it work.

Reason I asked about Hayward trade is because that was what the rumors were. Definitely tough to guess a trade, bit like I said when Im looking at roster its tough to even gauge what we need to get better.

Really starting to question Pritchard and Buchanon.

All reports say we offered Boston, Turner and McBuckets for Hayward.

I would of liked to bring Hayward in, but not at cost of Turner.

Then there is a report I read today that, we had discussed deal with Bucks for Oladipo.

Oladipo

For

George Hill

DiVincenzo

And we turned it down....? A guy who doesn't want to be here and most likely wont be for 21-22 season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260585/Bucks-Pacers-Discussed-Donte-DiVincenzo-George-Hill-No-24-For-Victor-Oladipo

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Honestly I don't understand the love affair with Myles Turner.

He averages just 2 more points per game, 1 more rebound and 1 more block shot than he did as a rookie. 

For a 6'11" guy, he has never dominated the paint 

Top 5 shot blocker in the league and shoots 35% from 3pt range.(same range as James Harden)

This team has so many scoring options that his scoring chances are limited(not really a focal point), couple that with they use him as a floor spacer on offense that reduces his rebounding numbers because he has less opportunity to get offensive rebounds.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Top 5 shot blocker in the league and shoots 35% from 3pt range.(same range as James Harden)

This team has so many scoring options that his scoring chances are limited(not really a focal point), couple that with they use him as a floor spacer on offense that reduces his rebounding numbers because he has less opportunity to get offensive rebounds.

excellent bill and ted GIF by IFC

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sorry, he is a soft player in the paint. 

He averages 12 .1 points a game. Harden averages 34.3 points a game. 

Mater of fact Harden pulls more rebounds down than Turner at the guard position. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry, he is a soft player in the paint. 

Copy Link to Table to Clipboard (basketball-reference.com)

That's not his game, and it really isn't the way modern NBA game is played either.

He is the prototypical NBA center in this modern era.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

That's not his game, and it really isn't the way modern NBA game is played either.

He is the prototypical NBA center in this modern era.

I guess that is part of the reason the NBA is watched less and less each year. 

Take the gambling aspect out of it there would be no fans. 

20 hours ago, w87r said:

Really starting to question Pritchard and Buchanon.

All reports say we offered Boston, Turner and McBuckets for Hayward.

I would of liked to bring Hayward in, but not at cost of Turner.

Then there is a report I read today that, we had discussed deal with Bucks for Oladipo.

Oladipo

For

George Hill

DiVincenzo

And we turned it down....? A guy who doesn't want to be here and most likely wont be for 21-22 season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260585/Bucks-Pacers-Discussed-Donte-DiVincenzo-George-Hill-No-24-For-Victor-Oladipo

I agree regarding questioning Pritchard and Buchanon. I have for some time. Going back to when Bird was here when he forced David Morway out in 2012 and brought in Pritchard the personnel moves took a nose dive. They haven't drafted an all-star since Paul George. If this team is genuine about putting together a championship contender then they have to draft really well. 

I'm also annoyed by Pritchard always talking about their limitations as a small market and not going over the cap. Draft and develop players and maybe you can get a good free agent. (like when David West came in 2011) I just feel like he constantly makes excuses and goal is to be competitive but not much else.

I realize the odds are stacked against the Pacers to win a championship but I believe they could, even with the Simons as owners, if they had the right management.

As for offering Turner in a Hayward deal I was ok with that because they would need to in order for salaries to match. Unless they put Oladipo or Sabonis in the deal instead. Maybe Oladipo would have been the one to offer in the deal though given he is likely gone after this season.

We've heard rumblings that Oladipo wants to leave for some time now and his actions haven't changed that. So yeah regarding the Bucks offer I would have been open to it. You can't afford to let Oladipo go for nothing. Maybe they want to see if his trade value rises after his play but what are the chances of that? It just seems like a big gamble to take.

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

We've heard rumblings that Oladipo wants to leave for some time now and his actions haven't changed that. So yeah regarding the Bucks offer I would have been open to it. You can't afford to let Oladipo go for nothing. Maybe they want to see if his trade value rises after his play but what are the chances of that? It just seems like a big gamble to take.

There are reports coming out in Indystar this morning saying Pritchard says Oladipo is 100% in.

Like you saif thoigh, hopefully he can come back and show his game is still there and raise his trade value. Although I dont know if we move him, because we will be right in the middle of contention.

We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived