Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 - 2021 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 minute ago, w87r said:

We dont have cap space to sign him outright though. Would have to be S+T.

Just read an article that says we have offered Turner and McBuckets.

Celtics are asking for Turner and Warren/or Oladipo.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260405/Gordon-Hayward-Fully-Focused-On-Ending-Up-With-Pacers

If we do that, I probably wont even watch the season.

I rarely watch the NBA anyway

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Same

It seems to be sports entertainment along the lines of WWE.

Have little faith for the integrity of the NBA.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I wouldn't trade Warren at all. 

Oladipo ? Yeah I would. He don't seem to want to be here. 

I would trade Oladipo for Hayward for sure.

15 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Why can't the pacers trade Turner & Mcdermott to another team for a good player and draft pick??

then, sign Gordon Hayward outright as he's an UFA.

I dont want to trade Turner at all, but if so this scenario at least makes more sense.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I haven't watched a full NBA game in 2 or 3 years. 

I do pay attention to the Pacers but will not become a fan till Simon becomes a fan. 

Till he decides to come off the money to put a team together that has a legit chance, I will stand on the side.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I haven't watched a full NBA game in 2 or 3 years. 

I do pay attention to the Pacers but will not become a fan till Simon becomes a fan. 

Till he decides to come off the money to put a team together that has a legit chance, I will stand on the side.

It's unfortunate, he never will IMO. Our best chance to win a championship was with Reggie. Reggie was the Superstar that stayed with the team and we put the perfect chemistry around him with Smits and the Davis's who weren't superstars but were good. We ran into Jordan in 1998 and in 2000 Kobe and Shaq. Otherwise we would've won.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's unfortunate, he never will IMO. Our best chance to win a championship was with Reggie. Reggie was the Superstar that stayed with the team and we put the perfect chemistry around him with Smits and the Davis's who weren't superstars but were good. We ran into Jordan in 1998 and in 2000 Kobe and Shaq. Otherwise we would've won.

Artest just couldn't be nice for 46 seconds could he? 

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Artest just couldn't be nice for 46 seconds could he? 

That too, 2005 don't remind me. We had a really good overall roster that season as well then the brawl happened. Reggie was aging but still good but we had Ron, J. O'Neal was a good big man too. 

Ron should've kept his cool but he was young and dumb, Ben Wallace actually started it though. Pistons got off easy by the league. The guy that through the beer on Ron should've did jail time, that is Assault and Battery by law, I don't think he did?? I think it was just probation and banned lifetime from the arena.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That too, 2005 don't remind me. We had a really good overall roster that season as well then the brawl happened. Reggie was aging but still good but we had Ron, J. O'Neal was a good big man too. 

Ron should've kept his cool but he was young and dumb, Ben Wallace actually started it though. Pistons got off easy by the league. The guy that through the beer on Ron should've did jail time, that is Assault and Battery by law, I don't think he did?? I think it was just probation and banned lifetime from the arena.

Yeah I agree that Wallace started the fight but Artest had no business going into the stands. That is why they have security. 

Then Jackson went up and started a fight with totally different fans. 

You can say the Pistons got off easy but they are not the ones who went into the stands. 

After looking at it again after all this time I don't blame anyone but Artest. Yes I understand he had a cup thrown on him but all it hurt was his ego and sparked him into a rage aimed at a fan. 

Artest was a great player but anyone who knew him close knew he had mental issues. 

His issues were overlooked because he had the talent that made people look away. 

Shame really? All that talent, not tapped as it could have been. 

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hayward signs 4yr $120m deal with Charlotte.

I would've liked to get Hayward, but happy we are not if it would of cost us Turner.

Wonder what the Pacers will do now with Plan B.

Brogdon/McConnell/A. Holiday

Oladipo/Lamb

Warren/J. Holiday

Turner/Leaf

Sabonis/Goga

Would preferably like to get another stretch four, if possible.

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

Wonder what the Pacers will do now with Plan B.

Brogdon/McConnell/A. Holiday

Oladipo/Lamb

Warren/J. Holiday

Turner/Leaf

Sabonis/Goga

Would preferably like to get another stretch four, if possible.

The good thing is we already have a solid roster, were missing couple solid guys in the bubble(Sabonis, Lamb) and Oladipo wasn't 100%.

I agree would like to get another stretch 4 as well, just not sure who is out there at the moment.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

The good thing is we already have a solid roster, were missing couple solid guys in the bubble(Sabonis, Lamb) and Oladipo wasn't 100%.

I agree would like to get another stretch 4 as well, just not sure who is out there at the moment.

also don't forget about Cassius Stanley. That was a solid selection I think.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

also don't forget about Cassius Stanley. That was a solid selection I think.

I am still puzzled how he fell to 54? That was a great pick because of where we got him. The key to the teams chemistry is Oladipo, if he doesn't want to be here it could screw everything up. If he is all in that changes a lot.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am still puzzled how he fell to 54? That was a great pick because of where we got him. The key to the teams chemistry is Oladipo, if he doesn't want to be here it could screw everything up. If he is all in that changes a lot.

Yeah for sure.

Stanley's moms side of family is from Indiana also so he posted its like coming home.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am still confused about the draft

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Some stretch 4's I just saw.

Millsap

Carmelo

Ilyasova

Markieff Morris

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

56 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hayward signs 4yr $120m deal with Charlotte.

I would've liked to get Hayward, but happy we are not if it would of cost us Turner.

Going into the offseason I had the mindset the Pacers were going to keep the roster as is with the only real potential move re-signing Justin Holiday. (happy they got that done)

As the Hayward rumors surfaced all around I really started to buy into that and was optimistic it would get done.

A Turner and McDermott or Lamb for Hayward deal made sense. However, then reports were the Celtics wanted Turner + Warren or Oladipo. I also saw reports of the Celtics wanting Aaron Holiday. I think that starts to become too much. The appeal with Hayward is what he brings to the team with these guys not by replacing 2-3 of your starters.

With the 2013/2014 teams the Pacers had 4-5 players who were above-average starters and/or all-star type talents. Bringing in Hayward would give this team that type of formula. Obviously not anywhere near the defensive team as those 13/14 teams and more questions from an injury standpoint but no question that Brogdon/Oladipo/Hayward/Warren/Sabonis could have potentially made a deep playoff run.

It is nice to see Danny Ainge get heat thrown his way for letting Hayward go for nothing. The Celtics are supposed to be a top team in the east and even if you are not as high on Turner it seems like a no brainer that he replacing Hayward with him would be far better than losing Hayward for nothing.

27 minutes ago, ar7 said:

The appeal with Hayward is what he brings to the team with these guys not by replacing 2-3 of your starters.

QFT

Also, Trevor Ariza could be moved from OKC.

I think he would be a great addition as well.

Archived