Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 - 2021 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Been hearing the Pacers name floated around a little bit in connection with Harden.

I really dont like the guy, maybe that would change if he was on the Pacers? Doubt it,  ir who knows?

I am not crazy about him either. He is a team buster. He don't make players around him better, matter of fact he voids them as team players.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pacers came up short in preseason gme. Not a big deal overall.

Turner per 36 would be 19pts 8reb 4blocks 50% from downtown. Take that all day.

Put up 14pts 6rbs 3blks in 27 minutes

Just wish they should get him the ball more, 7 shots in 27 minutes just isn't enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been in the hate PG camp and this story is a perfect example of why. I have always found it very easy to believe the Pacers passed on this and didn't even attempt to make it happen. It's still incredibly frustrating to read it.

No guarantee a trade could have been worked out with New Orleans but to not even attempt to make it happen was just negligent.

PG isn't the one fans should be booing at Bankers Life...it's Simon and Pritchard.

As far the season, Pacers vs Knicks tomorrow night. It's going to be very interesting to see how this team plays with a new coaching staff and what they emphasize. I'm not sold on this entire roster being ideal for all that coach Bjorkgren wants to do but I think it's a good start.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:56 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Great opening win against the Knicks.

Sabonis 32 pts and 13 rebounds

Turner 8 blocks

5 in double figures

Win I first looked at box score(couldn't get game with Hulu. :( ) I thought I saw only 1blk but noticed his +20 points differential.

Nice to go back and see that 8 piece.

celebrate myles turner GIF by NBA

Pacers are 3-0 to start the season after beating the Celtics tonight, without Oladipo.

I haven t been able to see any of the games yet this year because I cut the cord and dont have it.......

I do know Myles is averaging 5.6 blocks a game 3 games in.

Sabonis is hooping.

How do they look for those have been able to see the games?

Anything noticeably different woth new staff?

35 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Does anybody know the best way to watch the Pacers' games??

i dont think there is any other legal way if you dont have fox midwest, besides going to a bar or something

You might want to check out reddit though...

11 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Does anybody know the best way to watch the Pacers' games??

Fox Sports Indiana is apparently not a very well-liked channel. It's not on any of the streaming networks I use(YouTube TV, Hulu live, etc)

Fox sports go app might be worth a look.

It has a hulu option.

43 minutes ago, w87r said:

Nice win against NO tonight, to improve to 5-2. Should of beat Knicks the other night amd would be setting at 6-1 now. Oh well 5-2 is pretty good.

I must say Aaron Holiday has been really bad this year.

Very good win especially in OT.  The comeback in the last minute of regulation was fantastic. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Very good win especially in OT.  The comeback in the last minute of regulation was fantastic. 

Didn't see it tonight, was box score watching.

I know Turner was in foul trouble, but looks like he had a nice end of game run.?

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Didn't see it tonight, was box score watching.

I know Turner was in foul trouble, but looks like he had a nice end of game run.?

Yeah he hit the tying 3 pointer in regulation to send it into OT. 

He then fouled out in OT. Brogton hit the game winner in OT with 1 second left. 

They scored 6 points in 20 seconds left in regulation to tie it up. 

It was one of those endings for sure. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah he hit the tying 3 pointer in regulation to send it into OT. 

He then fouled out in OT. Brogton hit the game winner in OT with 1 second left. 

They scored 6 points in 20 seconds left in regulation to tie it up. 

It was one of those endings for sure. 

Yeah I didn't watch the game but just seen the highlights. We were down 104-94 with 143 to play - miracle comeback. Dipo also hit a 3 before Turner tied it. So far 5-2. You know Donnie Walsh left the team and retired.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I didn't watch the game but just seen the highlights. We were down 104-94 with 143 to play - miracle comeback. Dipo also hit a 3 before Turner tied it. So far 5-2. You know Donnie Walsh left the team and retired.

Yeah I knew Donnie retired earlier this week. 

He done a great job considering Simon wouldn't budge on going over the cap. 

Grady (covers the Nets) is on JMV right now discussing the deal. He is saying really good things about LeVert. Obviously there was some drama with Victor and it sounds like LeVert is different from that regard. And I don't think Grady is one to blow smoke so I believe what he says about LeVert.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

What a great deal for us. Oladipo didn't want to be here and was expiring.

LeVert signed for next 3 seasons at a great rate.

:agree:Plus a 2nd round pick. 

LeVert just came off a 43 point night last week and has been averaging 20 pts and 6 assist this season. 

Update on trade:

It has been completed.

So:

LeVert

(2) 2nd round picks

Cash considerations

For Dipo.

Hopefully nothing significant with LeVert, he seemed to be ok prior to trade. Wonder what it was though?

Edit:

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/30315/caris-levert

Caris LeVert has been ruled out indefinitely after a pre-trade physical revealed a small mass on his left kidney. 

1 hour ago, MTC said:

I hope it's nothing serious with LeVert. I know some Pacers fans are upset they accepted the trade knowing the issue with the physical, but think long-term here.

Yeah Oladipo was gone after this year anyway. Even if LeVert misses the rest of this year still have him for 2 more years pretty cheap.

Hopefully some news comes out soon.

Good win last night. Turner played solid in first gane back playing with broken hand. His presence has been missed last few games he was out.

Why does the basketball thread get no love while in season, yet baseball thread is booming while in the not in season?

On 1/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers will never win a Championship because we can never keep a Superstar here other than Reggie. If I owned the team I would go over the Salary Cap and pay the penalty but I love to win.

Sabonis and Brogdon are bona fide stars. Add Turner who leads the league by far in blocked shots and they are a legit contender. 

They have some great pieces in place if they can stay healthy. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sabonis and Brogdon are bona fide stars. Add Turner who leads the league by far in blocked shots and they are a legit contender. 

They have some great pieces in place if they can stay healthy. 

They have good players but I wouldn't say great as in Superstars. Oladipo's 1st season here he was basically a Superstar, PG was too from 2012-2014 and both got traded. Sabonis is probably our best player but isn't a Superstar, I would say an all-star though. Brogdan and Turner both are solid good. Like you said we have a nice team but not that 1 guy that can put us over the top IMO.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Good win last night. Turner played solid in first gane back playing with broken hand. His presence has been missed last few games he was out.

Why does the basketball thread get no love while in season, yet baseball thread is booming while in the not in season?

I don't have cable so I cant watch the games but I never miss listening to them on the radio. 

They are an exciting team and are 2nd in the conference. 

They get Warren back from injury later in the season and they will even be better. 

Archived