Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Demichael Harris!

Rolltide_gocolts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

You dont hold 87 or 88 in any reverence for Harrison or Wayne, but 18 you do for Manning? Erm....?

I could hold so many numbers in reverence.  I don't want to see anyone else wearing 88 because Harrison is right up there with Manning for me.  I didn't like seeing Walden wearing 93.  I don't like seeing Hines wearing 21.

But logistically, we need all the numbers.  Even 18.  I wouldn't be mad to see some rookie WR wearing 18.  I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't be mad about it.

And I'm not mad about Harris wearing 12.  It's still Lucks' number in my mind, so I don't like it, but I'm not mad about it.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

There are 10.55 guys, and lower, that run into the mid 4.4s. 

Just depends on both your early and late acceleration. The formula is just a guess.

I think we can all agree that this kid is fast, apparently elusive and definitely quick. And I’d love to see more of him.  But there IS a logjam at WR if Pittman returns as expected. 
So the Colts need to make a decision on who gets exposed on waivers. If they still believe that Patmon will get snapped up if he’s cut from the 53, then they likely keep 6 WRs: TY, Pascal, Pittman, Johnson, Patmon and...... ? The obvious candidates to head to the PS are Fountain and Harris. With an outside shot that Dulin gets exposed and Harris stays. My guess is Harris and Fountain both get cut and neither is claimed. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I think we can all agree that this kid is fast, apparently elusive and definitely quick. And I’d love to see more of him.  But there IS a logjam at WR if Pittman returns as expected. 
So the Colts need to make a decision on who gets exposed on waivers. If they still believe that Patmon will get snapped up if he’s cut from the 53, then they likely keep 6 WRs: TY, Pascal, Pittman, Johnson, Patmon and...... ? The obvious candidates to head to the PS are Fountain and Harris. With an outside shot that Dulin gets exposed and Harris stays. My guess is Harris and Fountain both get cut and neither is claimed. 

Harris doesn't need to get cut. He simply gets demoted back to the PS with the new rules. Fountain would need to be cut, go through waivers, and sign a PS contract. If it were Dulin, Harris would likely have to take over some return responsibilities. 

Keep in mind that Ankou was just waived; and Ibraheim Campbell released, so they can keep 7 if they want when Pittman does return. Also, if Mo is back, they really don't need to carry 4 TEs. They could push Noah Togiai back down to the PS.

57 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Harris has another week to be activated from the practice squad

Harris should stay and Dulin and Fountain should head to PS.  If we let Harris head to PS we will lose him. He is the real thing. Given Parris gets hurt often it would be best we lock Harris down. I will keep Pittman in IR and let him heal up. In the meantime keep Patmon in the active roster. Frank and Nick has a boatload of skill pass catching players at their disposal.  WR/TE and RB

4 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Harris should stay and Dulin and Fountain should head to PS.  If we let Harris head to PS we will lose him. He is the real thing. Given Parris gets hurt often it would be best we lock Harris down. I will keep Pittman in IR and let him heal up. In the meantime keep Patmon in the active roster. Frank and Nick has a boatload of skill pass catching players at their disposal.  WR/TE and RB

the problem is we really do not know who is the best out of all of them yet.  franks musical chairs at wr really hurts rivers timing with his weapons . instead of just picking who he thinks is the best and keeping them in a starting spot and letting them get targets and work on timing with rivers .  when he puts dulin in he is never targeting or fountain .  its hard to tell right now .

5 hours ago, AustexColt said:

You've seen Harris on 3 targets, in one game, and all targets were +/- 5 yards of the LOS (not route running). Is that really enough to be adamant that he should be on the 53?

You've seen Dulin and Fountain mostly as decoys or rubs/clear-outs, and only 3 targets each (which they've looked good). Is that really enough to be adamant they should be sent down to the PS? Add in Dulin is a heavy STs contributor. 

Harris is very raw from a small school. The reason you saw him +/- 5 from the LOS is likely because he's not skilled at routes yet. You really think the 3 targets is enough that someone will grab him? He's been back on the PS since the end of the game Sunday, and I don't think anyone has grabbed him.

You're making a lot of hard assumptions off very little input. I get it, he looks quick. But he's just a predictable gadget guy until he can run a route tree, and that doesn't really check the boxes needed to take up a WR spot. Now if he does have a good grasp of routes, I'd be all for it. If they feel he can take Dulin's STs responsibilities too, I'd be all for it.  Just seems unlikely given where he's from, the covid limited camp, and little time on the PS. If somebody does offer him, I believe we can simply match.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:32 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

.  Wasn't 88 John Mackey?

My Dad died In 2008. I made the trip back then to the Baltimore Area and saw my old room. Mackey's poster was the only poster I'd ever had. Still was hanging, more than 40 years after buying it.  Great Man!  Most kids today never heard of him. Made the absolute weirdest 75 yard TD in SB V.....

In those days an offensive player couldn't catch it after another offensive player had touched it, unless the defense touched it in between.  The game was held up forever as the refs tried to see if a Cowboy's fingernail grazed the ball...

Archived