Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The First Outbreak In Tennessee

Shadow_Creek

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Teams practice for only 3 days but game planning takes much longer

Here is another problem

There is a local high school that quarantined 179 students last week and as of yesterday 170 are still quarantined 

High schools don't have the resources of an NFL team.

that said, one has absolutely no impact on the other's schedule.  So I fail to see how this is a problem related to the Titans?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will know more as the week goes on. Probably not much until Thursday as testing continues.  

I dont think a bubble would of worked. To many teams. Asymtematic cases are not that big of a deal.

Mt uncle is in the hospital with covid. Been there for two weeks. My parents went to their house and my dad and him were at the table talking. He had symptoms too. Luckily my dad never got it. I am shocked because he was coughing so bad. Moral of the story everyone has different immune systems and not everyone will get it if exposed.  I still am not buying all the asymtematic cases.

I am going here.

Why are you not buying all the asymptomatic cases?  

9 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Tough. Both teams cannot meat together until Saturday. Ouch. Not sure how you play the games Sunday if neither team can practice until the day before.

They can do zoom meetings for game plan an install.  but a padded practice day and a walk through day seem quite necessary.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will eventually be played. Just saw a tweet titans wont be able to practice until Saturday. Which means game is probably postponed not canceled. Just see several senerios where games and bye weeks are switched around. Teams will have to be flexible. What will be interesting is if the Steelers get a schedule switch and maybe play someone else this week.

Might be moved a couple days back too.  We'll see.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Games are still on. If titans can practice Saturday maybe they move the game to Monday night.  All 8 people were asymtematic which means if they take to consecutive negative tests

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because none of them have symptoms they can all be cleared by Friday/Saturday. Testing will continue. There is already talk the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Which can still give  them 2 or 3 days of practice if negative tests keep happening. They are doing virtual meetings in the mean time. Teams only practice 3 days anyway. 

If the NFL follows CDC guidelines, all of those testing positive must 'isolate' (not quarantine, there is a difference). Those in close contact with those 8 might need to quarantine and get tested often.

When are positive testing folks allowed to return? Via the CDC-

Asymptomatic infected people can return after 10 days following their positive test. 

For symptomatic infections-

At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and

At least 24 hours with no fever without using any fever-reducing medication and

Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving or have disappeared.

As far as getting negative test, what type of test was the first (positive) ones? Rapid test? If so, they will follow up with a RT-PCR.

But there was a case of an Student testing positive on move in day at college, then tested later negative. Being asymptomatic, she still had to return home for 10 day quarantine, even though she got a negative test as well.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/oregon-student-two-different-covid-19-test-results-same-day/283-7ba47d75-760a-424f-8806-f1a2101e0fcb

I may have to search and see if the NFL safety protocols are online...

EDIT: Found them  See a few posts below.

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

They can do zoom meetings for game plan an install.  but a padded practice day and a walk through day seem quite necessary.

If the NFL follows CDC guidelines, all of those testing positive must 'isolate' (not quarantine, there is a difference). Those in close contact with those 8 might need to quarantine and get tested often.

Asymptomatic infected people can return after 10 days following their positive test. 

As far as getting negative test, what type of test was the first (positive) ones? Rapid test? If so, they will follow up with a RT-PCR.

But there was a case of an Student testing positive on move in day at college, then tested later negative. Being asymptomatic, she still had to return home for 10 day quarantine, even though she got a negative test as well.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/oregon-student-two-different-covid-19-test-results-same-day/283-7ba47d75-760a-424f-8806-f1a2101e0fcb

This is why I mentioned the incident at the local HS where 20% of the student body has been quarantined for 2 weeks

20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If none have symptoms the protocols are not as harsh either. They can return if they get a couple negative tests.

Found the NFL protocols. If a player(s) tests positive, then-

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test;  OR

Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND

At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

In either case, a player who tests positive must be cleared by his team's head physician before returning.

Additionally, all players who have tested positive and recovered (or who have tested positive for antibodies) will undergo additional cardiac screening.

19 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If players from the titans who didn’t test positive remain negative the game most likely is played. This is why we have the extra plsyers.

Except for those deemed in close contact with positive players/coaches. The NFL requires them-

Players put on this list because they tested negative but were determined to be in close contact with an infected person must follow the following return protocols:

Second negative test within 24 hours of initial negative test

Increased symptom monitoring

Eight days of daily virus testing

Regular testing schedule thereafter

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Before the season started the nfl put out protocols for players with symptoms and players without. Asymtematic players can return like in 4 days if they have two negative tests . They do this because of a chance of false positives. 

They probably move the titans game until Monday. Barring no more positive tests. Viking will probably be ok as long as everyone keeps testing negative by Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Found the NFL protocols. If a players tests positive, then-

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR

Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND

At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

In either case, a player who tests positive must be cleared by his team's head physician before returning.

Additionally, all players who have tested positive and recovered (or who have tested positive for antibodies) will undergo additional cardiac screening.

Except for those deemed in close contact with positive players. The NFL requires them-

Players put on the list because they tested negative but were determined to be in close contact with an infected person must follow the following return protocols:

Second negative test within 24 hours of initial negative test

Increased symptom monitoring

Eight days of daily virus testing

Regular testing schedule thereafter

thanks for the info

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Before the season started the nfl put out protocols for players with symptoms and players without. Asymtematic players can return like in 4 days if they have two negative tests . They do this because of a chance of false positives. 

They probably move the titans game until Monday. Barring no more positive tests. Viking will probably be ok as long as everyone keeps testing negative by Thursday. 

See my post above, I found the NFL protocols.

Unfortunate for the Titans, but a possibility everyone knew was there. Next up potentially, the Raiders!

Evidently there was a charity event and a packed indoor ballroom at the Dragon Ridge Country Club in a Las Vegas suburb, where Derek Carr and other players attended and zero masks were in use. 

"According to the Review-Journal, tight ends Jason Witten and Foster Moreau and backup quarterback Nathan Peterman were among the Raiders players to join Carr and Waller at the event held to raise money to combat drug and alcohol addiction." 

Here's Carr tossing a football out to a bid winning recipient-

City officials are investigating. The absence of COVID-19 safety protocols presents potential violations of both Nevada restrictions and NFL policies.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unfortunate for the Titans, but a possibility everyone knew was there. Next up potentially, the Raiders!

Evidently there was a charity event and a packed indoor ballroom at the Dragon Ridge Country Club in a Las Vegas suburb, where Derek Carr and other players attended and zero masks were in use. 

"According to the Review-Journal, tight ends Jason Witten and Foster Moreau and backup quarterback Nathan Peterman were among the Raiders players to join Carr and Waller at the event held to raise money to combat drug and alcohol addiction." 

City officials are investigating. The absence of COVID-19 safety protocols presents potential violations of both Nevada restrictions and NFL policies.

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

31 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Imagine Carr and Peterman both getting Covid-19 from that event. Who does Jon Gruden start at QB for the next Raiders game?

https://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart

On another note, Goodell has reminded teams to review their policies and procedures to bring in potential players to try out and possibly sign.

If I had a team, I'd consider implementing a team policy that restricted personnel groups to mingle together outside of team facilities.

55 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That Country Club was fined $2,000 and the Raiders are investigating.  Here's an even better video!

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Raiders-players-shown-at-charity-event-without-15607801.php

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Wow that is just wrong. Teams and players need to  do better then that.  They should be fined. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow that is just wrong. Teams and players need to  do better then that.  They should be fined. 

The country club got fined $2,000 by the city for holding the event and committing four state of Nevada violations that included people not wearing masks and more than 50 people attending an event.

I wonder what the Raiders/NFL will do for those players that attended? The NFL and NFL Players Association have an agreement that bans players from activities that violate state and local COVID-19 safety regulations in an effort to prevent the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

21 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The country club got fined $2,000 by the city for holding the event and committing four state of Nevada violations that included people not wearing masks and more than 50 people attending an event.

I wonder what the Raiders/NFL will do for those players that attended? The NFL and NFL Players Association have an agreement that bans players from activities that violate state and local COVID-19 safety regulations in an effort to prevent the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

I dont agree with fining the venue but the nfl should fine the raiders. These teams need to be smarter and not take chances if they want to continue to play.

17 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This whole ordeal is troubling and could affect the rest of the season for the Titans and possibly Minnesota 

So far no Vikings player has tested positive. Hopefully that continues (for health and safety of players and those around them.)

17 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I wonder if the persons who tested positive have connections to the Cora Howe School in Nashville?

Why that school?

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Actually,  the Vikings have been playing  like they haven't been allowed in their practice facility all season.:applause:

True. Lol.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont agree with fining the venue but the nfl should fine the raiders. These teams need to be smarter and not take chances if they want to continue to play.

The City of Henderson put out the following statement:

“On Sept. 29, the City of Henderson was made aware of an event that was held at DragonRidge Country Club on Sept. 28 that did not comply with the governor’s COVID-19 emergency directives. The City’s Business Operations Division performed a compliance investigation and has issued a notice of violation to DragonRidge. The business was assessed a penalty of $2,000 based on a fine of $500 for each of four violations: employees/customers were in violation of the face-covering requirement; the event caused more than 50 people to gather; common areas where personnel are likely to gather remained open; and the live event was held without prior approval from the Nevada Division of Industrial Relations. DragonRidge has 30 calendar days to respond to the notice and pay the penalty or dispute the notice of violation.”

The venue violated state regulations. Why wouldn't they be fined?

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

The City of Henderson put out the following statement:

“On Sept. 29, the City of Henderson was made aware of an event that was held at DragonRidge Country Club on Sept. 28 that did not comply with the governor’s COVID-19 emergency directives. The City’s Business Operations Division performed a compliance investigation and has issued a notice of violation to DragonRidge. The business was assessed a penalty of $2,000 based on a fine of $500 for each of four violations: employees/customers were in violation of the face-covering requirement; the event caused more than 50 people to gather; common areas where personnel are likely to gather remained open; and the live event was held without prior approval from the Nevada Division of Industrial Relations. DragonRidge has 30 calendar days to respond to the notice and pay the penalty or dispute the notice of violation.”

The venue violated state regulations. Why wouldn't they be fined?

I see no problem with it

19 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

“If” this game is played the Titans are going to be overmatched 

I don't know. Tennessee has been improving every week. The Steelers seem to start slow every week. I would favor the Titans slightly but with this Covid delay who knows who it hurts more. I think both coaches will have their teams ready to go. The game is going to be televised nationally so that is a bonus. It is a great match up.

Archived