Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The First Outbreak In Tennessee

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think some people in this thread should examine whether or not they have a normalcy bias   Normalcy bias - Wikipedia      

Actually,  the Vikings have been playing  like they haven't been allowed in their practice facility all season.

Found the NFL protocols. If a player(s) tests positive, then-   Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once: 10 days have passed since the initial posit

Just now, FortheWin said:

Tough. Both teams cannot meat together until Saturday. Ouch. Not sure how you play the games Sunday if neither team can practice until the day before.

Wing it!

Just now, Hark said:

Hopefully the league has already game planned for this, since it was pretty predictable that it would happen at some point.

The league has actually been really good with protocols and if they are actually positive I am sure they have plans. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

They are all being retested. We will see if they are actually positive. If any games have to be delayed they can add them on to the end of the season.

All are confirmed cases.  No false positives.

The add games to the end of the season narrative is simply not that easy.  What if they have to miss 2 games?

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

The add games to the end of the season narrative is simply not that easy.  What if they have to miss 2 games?

I just saw the tweets. They are being treated as positive but everyone is being re tested.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I think it’s funny how everyone always jumps to the worse case sinerio. The league has been great. It will all work out. They new this would happen. 

• Like 1

Titans vs Steelers

Vikings vs Texans

AFCS definitely needs to keep an eye on this. I wonder if they'd plan to keep the game schedule but force the Steelers to work remote until TEN can return, so as not to gain an insurmountable advantage. Same with the Texans if the Vikings ended up getting exposed by TEN as well.

Busy week ahead.

TN was scheduled to play the Texans after Pittsburgh.

Then there is this from Notre Dame

AP

By Mike Rosenstein | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Things are getting worse, not better, for No. 5 Notre Dame, which is dealing with a coronavirus outbreak on its football team.

The latest round of testing revealed 18 new cases of COVID-19.

If the nfl sticks to their protocols of isolation and tracing along with testing everyday there really isn’t a reason to cancel any games. Unless there is a huge outbreak where half the team gets it this is why we have extra players. Sounds like none of these have symptoms which means they are treated different.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

TN was scheduled to play the Texans after Pittsburgh.

Then there is this from Notre Dame

AP

By Mike Rosenstein | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Things are getting worse, not better, for No. 5 Notre Dame, which is dealing with a coronavirus outbreak on its football team.

The latest round of testing revealed 18 new cases of COVID-19.

Colleges don’t have the resources of a nfl team. Some of these college teams aren’t doing very well in my mind with protocols. These kids are basically in a bubble st school. This should not be happening. Kids need to take this a little more serious. Nfl players seem to be taking it pretty serious.

If the game is not played, it benefits the Titans and hurts us.  They get one of their more difficult opponents removed from the schedule, a possible AFC loss at that.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The league has actually been really good with protocols and if they are actually positive I am sure they have plans. 

The league has done an amazing job, really.  Had the government done 1/4 of what the league has done, the country would be in decent shape.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, #12. said:

If the game is not played, it benefits the Titans and hurts us.  They get one of their more difficult opponents removed from the schedule, a possible AFC loss at that.

It will eventually be played. Just saw a tweet titans wont be able to practice until Saturday. Which means game is probably postponed not canceled. Just see several senerios where games and bye weeks are switched around. Teams will have to be flexible. What will be interesting is if the Steelers get a schedule switch and maybe play someone else this week.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

The league has done an amazing job, really.  Had the government done 1/4 of what the league has done, the country would be in decent shape.

It’s a little hard to do that with 330 million people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Games are still on. If titans can practice Saturday maybe they move the game to Monday night.  All 8 people were asymtematic which means if they take to consecutive negative tests they can return as soon as they get those negative tests. 

Being discussed is moving the two games to Monday and Tuesday. Also moving around some bye weeks. I think moving them to Monday and Tuesday would be the best option. It just gives them time to keep testing and get a couple practices in.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm honestly surprised we've made it this far into the season before this all happened. The protocols in place have worked so far. 

I am still not convinced they have it. All 8 have no symptoms. They will be following up with PCR tests ect. They all could be cleared by Friday.  Most likely all we will see is asymtematic cases because any player with a symptom isn’t going to be near the facility. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If the nfl sticks to their protocols of isolation and tracing along with testing everyday there really isn’t a reason to cancel any games. Unless there is a huge outbreak where half the team gets it this is why we have extra players. Sounds like none of these have symptoms which means they are treated different.

The Titans can't be at their facility until Saturday.  How do they play a game the next day?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The Titans can't be at their facility until Saturday.  How do they play a game the next day?

Because none of them have symptoms they can all be cleared by Friday/Saturday. Testing will continue. There is already talk the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Which can still give  them 2 or 3 days of practice if negative tests keep happening. They are doing virtual meetings in the mean time. Teams only practice 3 days anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Because none of them have symptoms they can all be cleared by Friday/Saturday. Testing will continue. There is already talk the game will be moved to Monday or Tuesday. Which can still give  them 2 or 3 days of practice if negative tests keep happening. They are doing virtual meetings in the mean time. Teams only practice 3 days anyway. 

Thanks for sharing that teams only practice 3 days.  I had no idea.

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Thanks for sharing that teams only practice 3 days.  I had no idea.

Teams practice for only 3 days but game planning takes much longer

Here is another problem

There is a local high school that quarantined 179 students last week and as of yesterday 170 are still quarantined 

• Thanks 1

We will know more as the week goes on. Probably not much until Thursday as testing continues.  

I dont think a bubble would of worked. To many teams. Asymtematic cases are not that big of a deal.

Mt uncle is in the hospital with covid. Been there for two weeks. My parents went to their house and my dad and him were at the table talking. He had symptoms too. Luckily my dad never got it. I am shocked because he was coughing so bad. Moral of the story everyone has different immune systems and not everyone will get it if exposed.  I still am not buying all the asymtematic cases.