Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The First Outbreak In Tennessee

Shadow_Creek

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that the protocol for the virus will be harder on football players even without fans to keep from spreading at every level , High School, College , or Pro.   The perfect model, in pro sports was the NBA that had a one town Bubble they played in to keep it really safe. By playing games in the bubble it cut the probability of Covid exposer . Unfortunately , this model cannot be  duplicated by all  sports

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

They should have to forfeit the bills game if they can’t play this weekend. How could they be so dumb. Draft picks should also be on the table.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Picks yes but Bills game will be rescheduled if need be

I dont think the forfeiture of game is off the table, if the game is effected by it.

The league is going to lay down significant punishment.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/titans-could-end-up-being-hammered-by-league/

Some in league circles already think the league is inclined to punish teams for outbreaks, reasoning that the league’s protocols will prevent problems if followed and that, if problems happen, protocols must not have been followed. Throw in the apparently deliberate effort to defy instructions by the league to stand down during an outbreak in order to prevent it from exacerbating, and the NFL could soon make past punishment imposed on the Patriots seem like parking tickets

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I dont think the forfeiture of games is off the table.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/titans-could-end-up-being-hammered-by-league/

The league is going to lay down significant punishment.

Some in league circles already think the league is inclined to punish teams for outbreaks, reasoning that the league’s protocols will prevent problems if followed and that, if problems happen, protocols must not have been followed. Throw in the apparently deliberate effort to defy instructions by the league to stand down during an outbreak in order to prevent it from exacerbating, and the NFL could soon make past punishment imposed on the Patriots seem like parking tickets

It could get bad

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

NFL can’t do a bubble league because you need 16 game day fields along with 32 practice fields and about 15-20 hotels. Unless someone has over 1000 acres of untouched land it could happen

That sounds like half of northen Indiana

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

NFL can’t do a bubble league because you need 16 game day fields along with 32 practice fields and about 15-20 hotels. Unless someone has over 1000 acres of untouched land it could happen

They could probably do 3 or 4 different locations holding 8 teams a piece.

Grand Park in Westfield might be in play in that instance.

Definitely tough logistically though.

The first titans game getting cancelled is one thing but then they went and practiced together after the positive tests. That is just stupid. They need to be punished. The league can handle a player here and there who gets covid. But they cannot handle a huge outbreak like TN. Luckily it’s just one team that has been this stupid.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

They could probably do 3 or 4 different locations holding 8 teams a piece.

Grand Park in Westfield might be in play in that instance.

Definitely tough logistically though.

You don’t even need that just seclude the players and staff from their families/non important persons 

10 minutes ago, runthepost said:

They actually could. Wouldn’t be a bubble like the nba. Would be more like putting each team in a hotel in their own city instead of living at home. Where they can control the players more easily. I don’t think it’s needed though. The titans clearly screwed up.

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The first titans game getting cancelled is one thing but then they went and practiced together after the positive tests. That is just stupid. They need to be punished. The league can handle a player here and there who gets covid. But they cannot handle a huge outbreak like TN. Luckily it’s just one team that has been this stupid.

Let's eliminate them from the AFC South 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They actually could. Wouldn’t be a bubble like the nba. Would be more like putting each team in a hotel in their own city instead of living at home. Where they can control the players more easily. I don’t think it’s needed though. The titans clearly screwed up.

If you were a NFL player would you want to be herded like cattle just so the fans can get their football fix?

The rookies already go through a meat market at the combine but past that they are not agreeing to be controlled. 

Nor would I if I were them. 

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you were a NFL player would you want to be herded like cattle just so the fans can get their football fix?

The rookies already go through a meat market at the combine but past that they are not agreeing to be controlled. 

Nor would I if I were them. 

No  that’s why I said it’s not needed.

Titans are in deep crap. Another positive test today. They should have to forfeit but then that hurts the Bills too.

Archived