Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The First Outbreak In Tennessee

Shadow_Creek

40 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Umm your repeating something that proved to be false about the heart conditions. Saying that none of them has symptoms should be celebrated since they aren’t sick.  My uncle is sick with it in the hospital on a ventilator so I know how bad it can be. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.

Please show me where it’s been proven to be false.. then would you like to see cases of people developing unexpected long term conditions as a result of COVID. Let alone the massive spikes in mortality as a secondary effect.

Remind me, do you work in health care? Have you lived this every day for over 6 months? Are you spending every day looking at the bleak wider impact?

No, you’re resorting to cheap reactions and deflections as ever. 

There is more to life than football.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some people in this thread should examine whether or not they have a normalcy bias

Normalcy bias - Wikipedia

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings. Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects.

It was definitely the right thing to do.

Nice easy fix since the schedule alteration only effects 1 other team(Ravens, altered bye week).

I imagine there is a decent chance that a Vikings player test positive in next couple days as well. Im sure the league already has figured out the fix if Vikings develop a few cases in next day or so. Shutting them down for the week.

Usually takes a few days after exposure before positive start showing up(correct me if Im wrong @ColtsBlueFL).

The fact so many Titans tested positive is a little worrisome, because that makes me think it was circulating last week. Expecting more Titans and as mentioned, some Vikings to test positive. 

I think it is to risky to even put Vikings on the field this week, tbh. Let them have an extra week of testing to be sure there was no cross-team transfer. Figure out what schedule alteration needs to happen and make the call. Last thing you want to do is have a Vikings player test positive after the game this week and potentially expose another team. Just seems to be the smart and safe thing to do.

And Chloe, please quit acting like it isn't serious. 

People are at risk. It has been circulating for a few days-week now.

Players/coaches went home to families. Spouses went to store and saw parents/siblings, kids went to school. Teachers and bus drivers take it home to their family. Other students get it take it home to their family. The cycle continues and while people lose their life.

Hope everything turns out ok with your family member.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would be SHOCKED if anyone died that got it from the Titans. The only way that might even be a possibility is if one of them was an old coach or someone with a very compromised immune system. I believe they'll be fine. Agree with postponing the game until they get this figured out though. Hopefully it doesn't spread past Tennessee.

P.S. How have you been lately? Haven't heard from you in a while.

I really appreciate you asking.. I've been struggling more and more, it seems everyday. I was suspended from here for a little while for losing it after week one. I just don't seem to have much care for anything lately :(..

33 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I really appreciate you asking.. I've been struggling more and more, it seems everyday. I was suspended from here for a little while for losing it after week one. I just don't seem to have much care for anything lately :(..

2pac keep ya head up hip hop GIF

200.gif

Take care of yourself.

Football is just a game, for some entertainment. No need to get all worked up when they lose a game(get banned) 

Spoiler Alert:

They're going to lose more games along the way.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

200.gif

Take care of yourself.

Football is just a game, for some entertainment. No need to get all worked up when they lose a game(get banned) 

Spoiler Alert:

The only time I get upset is when one of “my kids” and/or the Princeton Community Tigers are playing(they are all “my kids”)

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Umm your repeating something that proved to be false about the heart conditions.

Link your evidence, please!

In the meantime, I'll link mine saying you're absolutely wrong!!

"The number one COVID concern in cardiology right now is asymptomatic patients who have been previously infected demonstrating evidence on MRI of scarring or myocarditis," noted Mary Norine Walsh, MD, of St. Vincent Heart Center of Indiana in Indianapolis and past president of the American College of Cardiology (ACC). "We're all concerned about the long-term COVID manifestations."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88704

And-

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-coronavirus-heart-inflammation-athletes-myocarditis.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7314071/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2770645

Shall I keep adding the links? Or is that a 15 yard personal foul for piling on?

Saying that none of them has symptoms should be celebrated since they aren’t sick.  My uncle is sick with it in the hospital on a ventilator so I know how bad it can be. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.

Yay! they don't have a fever or cough in the early stages! Yoo hoo! 

That does not mean they are off the hook of suffering something caused from Covid-19.  You can bet every teams medical staff knows this too.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Umm your repeating something that proved to be false about the heart conditions. Saying that none of them has symptoms should be celebrated since they aren’t sick.  My uncle is sick with it in the hospital on a ventilator so I know how bad it can be. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I wonder if someone who may have downplayed the severity of the virus may have exposed him to it. I hope he recovers. 

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Link your evidence, please!

In the meantime, I'll link mine saying you're absolutely wrong!!

"The number one COVID concern in cardiology right now is asymptomatic patients who have been previously infected demonstrating evidence on MRI of scarring or myocarditis," noted Mary Norine Walsh, MD, of St. Vincent Heart Center of Indiana in Indianapolis and past president of the American College of Cardiology (ACC). "We're all concerned about the long-term COVID manifestations."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88704

And-

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-coronavirus-heart-inflammation-athletes-myocarditis.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7314071/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2770645

Shall I keep adding the links? Or is that a 15 yard personal foul for piling on?

Yay! they don't have a fever or cough in the early stages! Yoo hoo! 

That does not mean they are off the hook of suffering something caused from Covid-19.  You can bet every teams medical staff knows this too.

I'd say you should come work over this side of the pond... but I doubt we can offer the weather you currently enjoy!

I'm seriously concerned about the impact on LTC prevalence. We already had worrying evidence emerging around co morbidities, the associated increased cost of care, and the link to deprivation. When you factor in that there seems to be a link too with this same cohort of people around not following guidance and plain denial of the virus it's setting up for a perfect storm of lots of sick people putting a strain on the health service for years to come. Health inequalities will widen, despite all the best efforts around targeted interventions.  

That's not even considering the secondary impact, of say people not presenting to primary care because of isolation/fear and you soon start to see things like your cancer staging slip. More deaths, more costly treatment, more need for end of life care. 

8 hours ago, w87r said:

200.gif

Take care of yourself.

Spoiler Alert:

I appreciate the words. And Ive always understood it's only a game that has zero affect on my life.. but that's just it, so much else is messed up, it's nice to "get away" from reality with sports. But that ain't happening. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to go. Just grin and bare it. And the more restrictions I get. The more I feel like a rebellious teenager. 

I'll get back to football. I pray this will be the only case.  Bye weeks are already being compromised, what if an opponent of the Steelers or Titans go through this? Another week postponed. It's gonna be a crap show

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I have yet to hear/read about any Vikings testing positive. 

I do not believe any have tested positive from the Titans game, but they are all getting enhanced daily test for the next week or so, just in case.

On another Vikings player/Covid note, Cameron Smith was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on July 29 and will not play this season.  He was screened for Covid caused cardiac issues and it was found he had a congenital heart defect.

“Earlier this week, I found out I need open heart surgery to fix a bicuspid aortic valve that I was born with,” Smith posted on his Instagram account. “Although this will unfortunately end my 2020 season, it is really a blessing that we found this as my heart is severely enlarged and wouldn’t have lasted much longer.”

There is a surgery that will allow me to continue to play football as soon as I am healed,” Smith wrote. “I didn’t think twice about going with that one."

My gut feeling is that surgical procedure may be TAVR. (transcatheter aortic valve replacement) rather than the traditional chest splitting open heart, but we may never know.

I wonder if he has had his procedure  EDIT: He has and was a success.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I do not believe any have tested positive from the Titans game, but they are all getting enhanced daily test for the next week or so, just in case.

On another Vikings player/Covid note, Cameron Smith was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on July 29 and will not play this season.  He was screened for Covid caused cardiac issues and it was found he had a congenital heart defect.

“Earlier this week, I found out I need open heart surgery to fix a bicuspid aortic valve that I was born with,” Smith posted on his Instagram account. “Although this will unfortunately end my 2020 season, it is really a blessing that we found this as my heart is severely enlarged and wouldn’t have lasted much longer.”

There is a surgery that will allow me to continue to play football as soon as I am healed,” Smith wrote. “I didn’t think twice about going with that one."

My gut feeling is that surgical procedure may be TAVR. (transcatheter aortic valve replacement) rather than the traditional chest splitting open heart, but we may never know.

I wonder if he has had his procedure

I'm surprised it was never picked up before, I thought the NFL was pretty hot on medical testing during the draft process. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm sure a few prospects had cardiac issues picked up during the combine etc.

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm surprised it was never picked up before, I thought the NFL was pretty hot on medical testing during the draft process. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm sure a few prospects had cardiac issues picked up during the combine etc.

I think every combine invite goes through an initial heart evaluation, but I'm not sure what that exactly entails. If there are any issues or concerns, they then go to Methodist Hospital for additional tests/exams.  Note, there are many folks that are asymptomatic that have bicuspid valve.  Often these people get it discovered accidentally, or have symptoms appear nearing middle age. I'm fairly sure combine invitees do not routinely get an echocardiogram (or TEE) nor any Magnetic Resonance or Computed Tomography exam which would demonstrate it.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Still surprised no one from Vikings has tested positive yet. 

It appears infections were happening before the game to select Titan players.  This also reinforces to me-

Engaging in outdoor activities markedly reduces infection chances ( by up to 18+ times less probability ) vs. indoors.

Viral load, and exposure level (time, amount, and distance influenced) are important factors on who gets infected (Higher amount of virus, higher time in it, and reduced distances gives a > chance) or not.

Hate to say it, but each new day of positives jeopardizes their next game vs. the Bills too.

BTW, the Titans Vikings game officials were slated to officiate the Colts vs. Bears game, but were given the week off and replaced with a different crew.

19 hours ago, w87r said:

It was definitely the right thing to do.

Nice easy fix since the schedule alteration only effects 1 other team(Ravens, altered bye week).

I imagine there is a decent chance that a Vikings player test positive in next couple days as well. Im sure the league already has figured out the fix if Vikings develop a few cases in next day or so. Shutting them down for the week.

Usually takes a few days after exposure before positive start showing up(correct me if Im wrong @ColtsBlueFL).

The fact so many Titans tested positive is a little worrisome, because that makes me think it was circulating last week. Expecting more Titans and as mentioned, some Vikings to test positive. 

I think it is to risky to even put Vikings on the field this week, tbh. Let them have an extra week of testing to be sure there was no cross-team transfer. Figure out what schedule alteration needs to happen and make the call. Last thing you want to do is have a Vikings player test positive after the game this week and potentially expose another team. Just seems to be the smart and safe thing to do.

And Chloe, please quit acting like it isn't serious. 

People are at risk. It has been circulating for a few days-week now.

Players/coaches went home to families. Spouses went to store and saw parents/siblings, kids went to school. Teachers and bus drivers take it home to their family. Other students get it take it home to their family. The cycle continues and while people lose their life.

Hope everything turns out ok with your family member.

Did I ever say it wasn’t serious. I have a close family member on a ventilator right now. My parents were exposed to this relative while he was sick. All three of us had to stay away from people for two weeks. I don’t need a lecture from anyone saying I am minimizing it. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.  I take things as they come. I don’t over react to something that hasn’t happened. It happened the league has done the right thing. Now we just see what happens and hope it doesn’t effect more teams this year.  Life is full of risks. You can’t mitigate every risk in life. 

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I wonder if he has had his procedure  EDIT: He has and was a success.

You and I discussed it a a month or two ago. IIRC, you wrote that you believe that he will be a better player afterwards. You knew someone who had a similar procedure, I believe.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t need a lecture from anyone saying I am minimizing it. But that doesn’t mean I am going to over react.  I take things as they come. I don’t over react to something that hasn’t happened. It happened the league has done the right thing.

If you do not want to be lectured, do not lecture others who you believe may be "over-reacting". 

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

II didn’t lecture anyone. I didn’t say anyone was wrong. I just gave my opinion. I never said anyone over reacted. I said don’t tell me that I am not taking it serious. 

Someone pointed out that being asymptomatic does not mean that it is not a concern. You replied that you will not over react. That conveys that you think the other person was over-reacting and he should stop. That is lecturing.

What is "over reacting"? Serious question.  If "overreacting" in this situation means that people are looking to protect themselves and others, what is wrong with that? I don't understand those that have a problem with others wanting to protect themselves and others. Doing what is necessary to avoid infection and avoid infecting others is being responsible. 

21 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Hate to say it, but each new day of positives jeopardizes their next game vs. the Bills too.

It's now up to 16. 8 players and 8 staff have tested positive as of this morning. The outbreak hasn't stopped yet...

It may be more than just Titans games that are affected if this continues. 

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

It's now up to 16. 8 players and 8 staff have tested positive as of this morning. The outbreak hasn't stopped yet...

It may be more than just Titans games that are affected if this continues. 

Exactly, (except 18 now) what I had expressed and fear.  The mounting positives has to stop or they won't be allowed into their facility to prepare for that game.  Here's the Titans story.

Titans Covid-19 timeline-

The Titans signed Greg Mabin to their practice squad on Sept. 22 to bolster a banged-up secondary. Two days later on 9/24, he tested positive for COVID-19.

9/26  The first hint that something bigger could be looming on the horizon came when the Titans outside linebackers coach tested positive on 9/26.

9/27 Titans eke out a win over the Vikings, Bowen stayed home.

9/29 Full-blown outbreak. Eight positive tests included five team personnel and three players: defensive lineman DaQuan Jones, long snapper Beau Brinkley, and practice squad tight end Tommy Hudson.

9/30 there are two more members of the Titans to test positive, one team personnel and one player, outside linebacker Kamalei Correa.

10/1 Another player, rookie cornerback Kristian Fulton, returned a positive test, in addition to another team personnel.

10/2 Two more Titans players, wide receivers Adam Humphries and Cam Batson, tested positive Friday, brining the total number of infected players to eight since Sept. 24.

10/3 The total number of Titans infected moved to 18 with an additional player and two team personnel testing. ( players, 9 team personnel. )

10/4 ???   (they need negatives tests for everyone at this point)

Titans Reserve/COVID-19 list now includes 10 players, including their last two 1st-round draft picks:

DT Jeffery Simmons

T Isaiah Wilson

OLB Kamalei Correa

CB Kristian Fulton

WR Adam Humphries

DL DaQuan Jones

LS Beau Brinkley

WR Cameron Batson*

TE Tommy Hudson*

CB Greg Mabin*

*denotes PS

Just now, Dogg63 said:

Titans Reserve/COVID-19 list now includes 10 players, including their last two 1st-round draft picks:

DT Jeffery Simmons

T Isaiah Wilson

OLB Kamalei Correa

CB Kristian Fulton

WR Adam Humphries

DL DaQuan Jones

LS Beau Brinkley

WR Cameron Batson*

TE Tommy Hudson*

CB Greg Mabin*

*denotes PS

It is getting bad

FOX NFL Kickoff show just showed Michael Vick and two other people sitting at a table within a couple feet of each other with only the man in the middle wearing a mask. Great image as the schedule is being turned upside down due to the virus spreading like the fires in California. Now on is the Seahawks warming up and half the people on the screen are not wearing masks. Now the five people starring on the show are standing a few feet apart and none are wearing masks. Why are so many ESPN shows not allowing their cast members to even sit in the same room while allowing the live broadcasters to ignore the masks?

According to Paul Kuharsky the Titans broke protocols and got together for a practice the day after the NFL shut down their facilities and told them not to get together for practices:

This is kind of big. It's possible this results in taking away of draft picks and/or forfeiting one or both the games they are likely to miss because of numerous positive tests continuing to trickle down from Titans staff and players.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, King Colt said:

FOX NFL Kickoff show just showed Michael Vick and two other people sitting at a table within a couple feet of each other with only the man in the middle wearing a mask. Great image as the schedule is being turned upside down due to the virus spreading like the fires in California. Now on is the Seahawks warming up and half the people on the screen are not wearing masks. Now the five people starring on the show are standing a few feet apart and none are wearing masks. Why are so many ESPN shows not allowing their cast members to even sit in the same room while allowing the live broadcasters to ignore the masks?

Kind of along the same lines.

Did anyone notice all the Chiefs fans in the stands without mask in game with Patriots? Should of been forced to leave. Who is holding up the rules in these venues?

Archived