Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs Considering two year deal for Winston

39 minutes ago, twfish said:

I honestly dont know if there is a single other team in the league who would pay him starting QB money? He just needs to stay at Tampa because no other team is going to keep him in the lineup when he turn the ball over like he does

I disagree. You can't coach any QB to be able to throw for so many yards, but you can coach someone who is willing to listen, to make better decisions. IMO if you put him on a team with a good OL and complimentary rushing game, a good coach/scheme might be able to cut down on his INTs. And I think a coach out there would be willing to give it a try. And all the FA ranks list him higher than Teddy lol

• Like 2

After off-season lasik surgery to repair his near sightedness does that change your perspective?

The man can throw the rock and throw it downfield effectively.

Perhaps the surgery will help with the INT's......?

I'd sign him over any of the rookies in this draft that will fall to us.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

After off-season lasik surgery to repair his near sightedness does that change your perspective?

The eye surgery topic will be interesting to gauge when the season starts. 

Watch him set the world on fire and cut INTs in half lol.

7 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The eye surgery topic will be interesting to gauge when the season starts. 

Watch him set the world on fire and cut INTs in half lol.

With his new 20/20 vision he might turn the 30/30 into 40/20 TD/INT ratio. :excited:

I don't really love the idea of him as a long-term solution, but I would prefer him over most FAs we can sign if we manage to get him as a reclamation project like Tannehill.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is defiantly a hard one. I don’t think we have ever seen a QB who is so good with all these INT mixed in. Usually a QB With his decision making isn’t going to have all the great stats he does. I think if Tampa would get a running game it would help him out a lot.

I wonder if a conservative offense minded coach would help Winston 

The guy clearly has talent

He takes way too many chances.....  some of that is coaching.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I disagree. You can't coach any QB to be able to throw for so many yards, but you can coach someone who is willing to listen, to make better decisions. IMO if you put him on a team with a good OL and complimentary rushing game, a good coach/scheme might be able to cut down on his INTs. And I think a coach out there would be willing to give it a try. And all the FA ranks list him higher than Teddy lol

Not "all " lists.  David Carr published his list of the top 10 QBs worth pursuing in FA and the DRAFT.  The top 5:  Tua, Dak, Burrow, Teddy and Brady.  Winston didn't make his list.  LOL  

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I wonder if a conservative offense minded coach would help Winston 

The guy clearly has talent

He takes way too many chances.....  some of that is coaching.....

He has never had good run game support, under the previous coach and under Arians, don’t see that improving much. Not to mention they’ve trotted out horrendous secondaries to support him as well. 

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

And he is still probably a better prospect than any qb in this draft class . 

9 hours ago, stitches said:

With his new 20/20 vision he might turn the 30/30 into 40/20 TD/INT ratio. :excited:

I don't really love the idea of him as a long-term solution, but I would prefer him over most FAs we can sign if we manage to get him as a reclamation project like Tannehill.  

I don't want him, but I'd take him over JB or TedB. I think in Reich's O, the scheme itself would cut down on INTs big time. Add in coaching and eye sight improvement, and who knows. I've never liked him just because of his history, but to his credit, he's been a a model citizen for the last several years. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Not "all " lists.  David Carr published his list of the top 10 QBs worth pursuing in FA and the DRAFT.  The top 5:  Tua, Dak, Burrow, Teddy and Brady.  Winston didn't make his list.  LOL  

David Carr LOL.. Teddy over Brady. Sure, a lot of teams will take that serious. 

The overwhelming "lists" from mainstream sources (I listed them in the other post) have him outside of the top 6 FAs. Carr lists him as #2... lol... 

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

People say eith a balanced attack snd less passes it will cut down his ints. The only problem with that theory is that Winston is throwing picks early and often in games.  This had followed him from college and I doubt he changes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

People say eith a balanced attack snd less passes it will cut down his ints. The only problem with that theory is that Winston is throwing picks early and often in games.  This had followed him from college and I doubt he changes. 

No, that's not correct. When he had Jimbo in 2013 (college) he was 40 TDs and 10 INTs. 

With Koetter (TB OC and HC 2015-18) who is known for an aggressive vertical attack, it's understandable to see INTs. When Koetter went back to ATL last season, Ryan's TD/INT% got a lot worse. And Arians runs a similar O to Koetter (Air Coryell), so in short, Winston has had the same aggressive vertical system his entire NFL career.

In 2013 for example, unlike his days in TB, Jimbo used a ton of TE (O'Leary) and big possession Xs (6-5 K Benjamin) which translated into well rounded football. Add in a decent running game with Freeman, and a decent D, and bingo, 40/10.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No, that's not correct. When he had Jimbo in 2013 (college) he was 40 TDs and 10 INTs. 

With Koetter (TB OC and HC 2015-18) who is known for an aggressive vertical attack, it's understandable to see INTs. When Koetter went back to ATL last season, Ryan's TD/INT% got a lot worse. And Arians runs a similar O to Koetter (Air Coryell), so in short, Winston has had the same aggressive vertical system his entire NFL career.

In 2013 for example, unlike his days in TB, Jimbo used a ton of TE (O'Leary) and big possession Xs (6-5 K Benjamin) which translated into well rounded football. Add in a decent running game with Freeman, and a decent D, and bingo, 40/10.

2014.....he regressed....

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Manning was a rookie.  

And set a rookie record.....

Look at Arian's career. Most of his QBs had bad TD/INT ratios, and most had better ratios before he got there, and/or improved when he left. And anyone that knows his scheme understands why.