Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Browns tender Kareem Hunt with a 3rd round tender, would you get him?

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let us say the Browns tender restricted free agent Kareem Hunt with a 3rd round tender.

Would you give up a 3rd round pick for signing him?

If we could do a specific trade like pick 44 for the Chiefs late 2nd and Hunt I would. However, I believe we'd have to trade a 3rd rounder specifically in this case. So only if Ballard moved down 3-5 spots in the draft and used the pick to acquire Hunt. Maybe the Cowboys move up 4 spots for Delpit or the Dolphins move up 5 spots to secure an elite WR that falls to 13? Only scenarios I see where I'd do it.

Just now, buccolts said:

You HAVE to say 'no', since they're a dime a dozen.

Yeah, Hunt is a little different than most RBs since he can catch the ball and provides some extra value as a pass-catcher, but still... not sure it's enough to justify a 3d round pick. 

2 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I dont think he's better than Mack

He is much better than Mack in the catching department and is big enough to take on more punishment between the tackles, IMO. However, he is a PR nightmare for anyone wanting to sign him.

• Like 1

Just now, TheMose said:

The same Kareem Hunt that just got pulled over and admitted he wouldn't pass an NFL drug test currently, and after he served a suspension for kicking a girl? Nah, I'm good.

she hit him too he had to do something.  it was heat of the moment im not going to black list him over that

weed is petty AF too, nothing major will come from that

I don't think it would make sense for Hunt and Mack to be on the same roster.  I guess it comes down to what Hunt would cost and what Mack would cost, and would either be subject to upgrading if something better popped up in the draft.

In the end, it seems like a push, especially that Hunt might be a suspension risk.  I wouldn't let fake outrage impact the PR angle so much that I wouldn't make the move  if it made sense.

Maybe if Mack was going to cost $12mil/year, I'd give a 3rd for Hunt.  If Mack would cost $5mil, I might only give a 5th for Hunt.

8 hours ago, TheMose said:

The same Kareem Hunt that just got pulled over and admitted he wouldn't pass an NFL drug test currently, and after he served a suspension for kicking a girl? Nah, I'm good.

lol.. I just don't understand why folks even entertain stuff like this.

17 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

He would be an instant improvement at the kicker position.

He'd be awesome for the locker room too.

12 hours ago, TheMose said:

I dont think you realize just how many players smoke weed in this league.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, aaron11 said:

she hit him too he had to do something.  it was heat of the moment im not going to black list him over that

Maybe I am from a different era than you because I think it’s never ok to hit a woman. 

But let’s pretend that it’s OK to react as Hunt did with woman in the video. Do we also pretend that his alleged involvement in a note club incident where a man ended up with  broken nose also never happened?  

Despite video evidence, do we also pretend the traffic stop and weed admission never happened either?  

Maybe taken individually all these things are minor but collectively don’t they show you who the guy is?  

Now take the football part of it. It is debatable that he brings that much more to the table than Mack. He is not head and shoulders better than Mack. And Ballard sure as hell is not giving up any capital to bring him on. 

There is less than a zero % chance Hunt is a Colt. 

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Maybe I am from a different era than you because I think it’s never ok to hit a woman. 

But let’s pretend that it’s OK to react as Hunt did with woman in the video. Do we also pretend that his alleged involvement in a note club incident where a man ended up with  broken nose also never happened?  

Despite video evidence, do we also pretend the traffic stop and weed admission never happened either?  

Maybe taken individually all these things are minor but collectively don’t they show you who the guy is?  

Now take the football part of it. It is debatable that he brings that much more to the table than Mack. He is not head and shoulders better than Mack. And Ballard sure as hell is not giving up any capital to bring him on. 

There is less than a zero % chance Hunt is a Colt. 

There is room for both him and Mack, not going to comment further on the rest

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Same here, but, that sentiment can't be written into a law or practiced in an unwritten policy by a company or else that is illegal discrimination....the thought that a crime is more punishable because the victim is a certain gender.

At least, if any man had the guts to sue an employer for unfair punishment.

So its best to just ignore that aspect of it, IMO.

7 hours ago, aaron11 said:

There is room for both him and Mack, not going to comment further on the rest

OK - leave the character issues out of it.  Ballard won't but let's play pretend again and say that Hunt is a boy scout.

Do you think the reports of a contract extension for Mack are true?    I would be willing to bet they are true. The Colts are a top tier running team with Mack, Wilkins, Hines and Williams.  All under contract and all relatively cheap.  Ballard has said he "likes them picks."  The question in the thread is would he consider Hunt even if having to give up a pick to get him.  The answer is somewhere between no and hell no.  Why would he pay Mack and also give up resources to get Hunt?

18 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

OK - leave the character issues out of it.  Ballard won't but let's play pretend again and say that Hunt is a boy scout.

Do you think the reports of a contract extension for Mack are true?    I would be willing to bet they are true. The Colts are a top tier running team with Mack, Wilkins, Hines and Williams.  All under contract and all relatively cheap.  Ballard has said he "likes them picks."  The question in the thread is would he consider Hunt even if having to give up a pick to get him.  The answer is somewhere between no and hell no.  Why would he pay Mack and also give up resources to get Hunt?

The OP didnt  ask if we think its likely to happen, they asked if we would do it for a third round tender so i said yes.  if we were voting on if its likely i would have said no 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, aaron11 said:

He had to kick her when she was on the ground? seriously? The pushing was permissible, the kick crossed the line.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:51 AM, Stoney said:

I dont think you realize just how many players smoke weed in this league.

I support the league allowing the use of weed. But as of right now, its a player with a suspension history breaking the rules. The risk outweighs the rewards.

7 hours ago, TheMose said:

He had to kick her when she was on the ground? seriously? The pushing was permissible, the kick crossed the line.

Should not have kicked her but he served 8 games for that and it's over as far as the league is concerned

I bet there are guys on the team now that smoke, could not care less about that