Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any Interest Out There in Teddy Bridgewater?

In his limited play he had 9 TDs, 2 Ints, a 67.9 completion percentage (Better than most including names like Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson). I believe he won all his starts.

He played well this year and only lost his job in Minnesota because of injury. If we don't think a QB in the draft is the right move for us, I'd be interested in the team giving him a long look. Curious what others think of him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He loves it in NO. I think he stays there waiting for Brees to retire.

He certainly has a really solid setup if he chooses to continue to wait it out and possibly take a smallish extension until Brees is done. But he would be choosing less money for a long term future in NO, and if he could be enticed into a starting future right now, who knows if he can't be convinced his future could he elsewhere. Remember when Garrapolo was supposed to be New England's future? 

27 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

He certainly has a really solid setup if he chooses to continue to wait it out and possibly take a smallish extension until Brees is done. But he would be choosing less money for a long term future in NO, and if he could be enticed into a starting future right now, who knows if he can't be convinced his future could he elsewhere. Remember when Garrapolo was supposed to be New England's future? 

He is also going to paid a lot of money. It’s a hard situation because if it doesn’t work you are screwed. Kind of what jags have with Foles right now. It’s such a huge risk.

18 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

How so? And their completion percentages are drastically different which might suggest Bridgewater is the more accurate passer.

Well, there you have then. Hopefully, Ballard signs Teddy to a big contract and problem solved! :thmup:

54 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Still curious how you feel they are the same. It was an honest question, educate me.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-09-16-dont-expect-much-from-teddy-bridgewater-while-drew-brees-is-out/

I listened to this months ago. And yeah, I’m fully aware Teddy went 5-0 in Brees absence and this segment was prior to him filling in for Brees. Take it however you like! 

Key point they make is Yards per attempt. 

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-09-16-dont-expect-much-from-teddy-bridgewater-while-drew-brees-is-out/

I listened to this months ago. And yeah, I’m fully aware Teddy went 5-0 in Brees absence and this segment was prior to him filling in for Brees. Take it however you like! 

I don't think he makes enough of an upgrade for us to win anything big or please our fanbase. There in lays the problem. I would pass on him as well.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MPStack said:

Thanks, I will definitely give this a listen later.

• Like 1

Pass.  I like Teddy and I'm glad he bounced back from that horrible injury, but I also think he's a game manager on a really good team.  Guy has a lot of weapons around him in NO.  A slight improvement over Jacoby but not a big enough one.  

I would be happy as heck to watch him prove me wrong though.  

On 1/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, funktacious2 said:

Still curious how you feel they are the same. It was an honest question, educate me.

Not the poster you were responding to, but completion percentage isn't everything, especially when Bridgewater only played a fraction of the games that Brissett did (which artificially inflates Bridgewater's completion percentage).

QBR or YPA are better metrics.  Bridgewater would be in the bottom 10 in the league in terms of QBR.

Brissett QBR: 50.5

Bridgewater QBR: 48.5

Brissett YPA: 6.6

Bridgewater YPA: 7.1

Mahomes YPA: 8.3

Tannehill YPA: 9.6 (NFL leader)

I like Bridgewater and Carr as options to hold things down until our draft pick is ready.  Maybe Nick Foles if Reich still has faith.  I don't know what the deal was in Jax.  I really want to cosign Jameis Winston but I can't quite bring myself to do it because he turns the ball over too damn much.  I think Phillip Rivers is a pipe dream because of the clarity he often makes about being on the west coast along with his family.  I don't see it happening.  He's also old and I think San Diego probably will find some way to keep him out there to give them time to develop a guy for themselves.

In my opinion anybody telling you Bridgewater is just like JB is silly.  Bridgewater knows whats going on out there and what he's looking at in the passing game.  He's not lost like JB and he's also known for his accuracy.  He led his team to the playoffs very early in his career when he was with the Vikings.  All we've gotten out of JB in his two opportunities is 4 to 7 wins and very little growth in the passing game.   Teddy Bridgewater  I think would do fine with Reich and Sirianni.