Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical...

TimetobringDfence!

Normally it would take a slew of picks plus our first to move up to #1.  I don't think Hooker is worth a slew of picks.  Ok, I know this. 

I wonder if he has much value, considering that next season is his last under contract, unless the team executes the 5th year option. 

It is possible to put him into a package, and it might make sense because we played a different defense when he was drafted and I'm not convinced his skills are able to be used as much now as what we thought.  He may have more value to another team than us, 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Normally it would take a slew of picks plus our first to move up to #1.  I don't think Hooker is worth a slew of picks.  Ok, I know this. 

I wonder if he has much value, considering that next season is his last under contract, unless the team executes the 5th year option. 

It is possible to put him into a package, and it might make sense because we played a different defense when he was drafted and I'm not convinced his skills are able to be used as much now as what we thought.  He may have more value to another team than us, 

I feel like he is talented enough to get intrest but not a crucial loss either. I think its worth using him if it doesnt cost much more than him. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I like Willis and Odum enough to use Hooker to get a real franchise QB

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Dont we all, I wonder how much more it would take. Leonard is out of question. Maybe Okereke and Hooker.

Also, no. You'd need to trade multiple first round picks and 2nds and so on. Hooker and Okereke are equivalent to late round picks. Players are usually throw-ins with trades like these, they are not the meat of the deal, the picks are.

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Dont we all, I wonder how much more it would take. Leonard is out of question. Maybe Okereke and Hooker.

Maybe JB and Hooker?  LOL. 

Not to the Bengals, but they both might fetch something in a package to save us a decent draft pick if we trade up with some team.  But they are both decent enough players to keep and we'd just have to end up replacing a backup QB and a starting FS.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At this point I think I would trade Hooker.  He is injured again with a hand and hasn’t practiced for two days and has played very bad.

Injured again? You're making it sounds like he's missed a ton this year. He still has the 4th most snaps on the team. All of our Ss are grading out around 70, with the exception of Geathers who 62ish. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Injured again? You're making it sounds like he's missed a ton this year. He still has the 4th most snaps on the team. All of our Ss are grading out around 70, with the exception of Geathers who 62ish. 

I know a couple little injuries have not cost him any games. Just the knee injury. I also know that the secondary is going to look bad with no pass rush. I am just beginning to think maybe we can do better. He has missed practice with a football injury also this year. Now his hand.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know a couple little injuries have not cost him any games. Just the knee injury. I also know that the secondary is going to look bad with no pass rush. I am just beginning to think maybe we can do better. He has missed practice with a football injury also this year. Now his hand.

Our DBs will look bad so long as we play soft zone with no pressure. Not sure it matters who the DBs are. He's got more snaps than Moore, who we just gave a nice contract to.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So.....wouldn't actual NFL personnel departments know this as well, and by your logic, think they could do better?  This team has enough holes, no reason they should be robbing Peter to try and pay Paul..... Hooker wouldn't net a 3rd rounder by himself most likely anyway.  NFL team tend to greatly overvalue picks 364 days of the year.