Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2638165-aj-dillon-displays-freak-athleticism-will-be-all-purpose-back-at-michigan.amp.html

"Standing 6'1", 239 pounds, Dillon clocked a 4.56 in the 40-yard dash and a 4.29 in the shuttle. His athleticism (38.3-inch jump) and strength (40-foot toss) were also on display, earning him SPARQ (speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness) ratings MVP honors for a second-straight year."

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aj-dillon-1.html

Freshman 2017.  1500+ yds Rushing

Sophomore 2018. 1100+ yds 

Junior. 2019.          1600+ yds

RB isn't high on my "Colts need" list, but A.J. Dillon is the perfect complimentary RB for this Team. Even at 249lbs he's still running a 4.5 40-yd and he doesn't get injured like Mack bc of his size.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

RB isn't high on my "Colts need" list, but A.J. Dillon is the perfect complimentary RB for this Team. Even at 249lbs he's still running a 4.5 40-yd and he doesn't get injured like Mack bc of his size.

Knowing the colts they will make him loss weight to get down to 220 and bam injury bug.

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Knowing the colts they will make him loss weight to get down to 220 and bam injury bug.

Yes...   I’m sure this is EXACTLY what the Colts would do.   Especially since they’ve never done it.   Not under Ballard.    I’m not even sure it happened under Grigson?

What RB have the Colts done this with? And suddenly that player lost weight and became injury prone?   Care to name someone.    Has this happened to ANY player regardless of position?  Name him.

I appreciate the season is disappointing and you’re not happy.  But please try not to make up stuff to vent with... 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Remember Darius Leonard weight out of the draft was 234 and he was a beast and was everywhere. Now he drops down to 218 and bam injuries/

Lol. What’s injuries has Leonard had besides the concussion. Leonard said he wanted to lose weight for this season because he felt the extra weight caused his ankle issue last year.

• Like 2

I'd put a huge grain of salt on what players say their weights are...it's an area where it's human nature to exaggerate, not only in sports but especially in sports.

I remembered how ridiculous it was when Pat Williams was listed a "317" lbs every season when reality is more like 340-380.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/565530-nfl-free-agency-where-will-pat-williams-land-next-year#slide0

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I'd put a huge grain of salt on what players say their weights are...it's an area where it's human nature to exaggerate, not only in sports but especially in sports.

I remembered how ridiculous it was when Pat Williams was listed a "317" lbs every season when reality is more like 340-380.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/565530-nfl-free-agency-where-will-pat-williams-land-next-year#slide0

True, a lot of players stats show them to be one weight but in reality they're heavier. I do take it with a grain of salt. That said, A.J. himself was interviewed and stated he wanted to stay under 250lbs so it wouldn't affect his speed, so I'm willing to give his weight the benefit of the doubt since it stated by him.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, chrisbeldridge said:

Where is AJ Dillon being projected to go in the draft?  If we could get him with a mid to late round pick I'd be all for it.  However, we have more pressing needs to address in early rounds like defensive line, wide receiver and maybe a quarterback.

From what I've seen, a lot of draft people have him in the 4th or 5th Rd. After the combine he will probably Rise. His size & speed will probably push him to bottom-2nd thru 3rd Rd, IMO...