Just Heard On Nflnetwork Denver Has Sent Their Private Plane To Raleigh Nc

coltsfansince65

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish him the best wherever he decides to go and I will cheer for him unless he plays the Colts. That said, I just want him to choose and get this over with so we can focus on what our team is doing.

Well I never gave that much thought myself, but a caller in the Denver station just joked about the Broncos and Manning putting on a horse and pony show, "Elways the horse". The hosts laughed, and I got the impression that this is a common theme out there. I never looked close enough to notice the similarity.

The only use that I can think of is to put him in at QB in short yardage situations. No WRs, multiple TEs multiple blocking backs, and just let him figure out some way to get in the endzone. That is the one thing that he can do well.

Uhh, no, those were your words. Don't twist mine. (Not that Flash was serious. What exactly on you on about?)

Did I miss something? Maybe I misundersood, it happens haha

I don't want to spend the day sitting in front of the PC, but I have to keep running back to this. Of all the available teams, I'd be thrilled if he went to the Broncos (and relieved if it's not the Titans).

I just "found" this radio station last night, ironically following a link to a related blog that another member posted. The strange this is that last night they had a Denver Nuggets game on, which previously I had to go through nba.com to find. I don't quite understand that - you would expect it to be blocked.

There will be a certain level of efficiency for me if Peyton goes to Denver, since the Nuggets have been my second favorite NBA team since the Knicks sent most of my favorite players to them last year.

I put the 1070 app on my iPad - Didn't miss a Colts game last year. Might even get sunday ticket this year.

It is my understanding that he's been working out with several former Colts players at Duke....

maybe the visit today is to observe more than just Peyton....??

He is actually working out for John Elway, John Fox, their GM, and their medical personnel - making throws etc. I started a thread on it with an article in NFL General where the Duke head coach (his former QB coach with the Vols, Dave Sutcliffe) has said his arm strength looks good.

I put the 1070 app on my iPad - Didn't miss a Colts game last year. Might even get sunday ticket this year.

Yeah, I listen to 1070 sometimes as well, but I've had Sunday ticket since buying my house in 2001. The price has been climbing and I really can't afford it by most definitions, but I thought that the opportunity to root for a QB like Manning was a rare (possibly unique) opportunity and that I would regret missing it. Last season was a nightmare, and I regret not cancelling it. THIS season might make up for that if I get still enjoy Manning and to watch the "new" Colts from day one as well. I didn't have that opportunity when Manning joined the team - only seeing the Jets games and whatever made national tv. Sunday ticket is terrific - aside from the fact that they don't repeat anything. I can DVR a second game, but one of the best parts about the possibility of Peyton going west is those 4pm starts. I'd hate to watch one game and find out the scores of a second game I'm taping.

He is actually working out for John Elway, John Fox, their GM, and their medical personnel - making throws etc. I started a thread on it with an article in NFL General where the Duke head coach (his former QB coach with the Vols, Dave Sutcliffe) has said his arm strength looks good.

Of course, I understand this to be the reason for the visit. Just pointing out they could be looking at a "few others" in the process.

Yeah, I listen to 1070 sometimes as well, but I've had Sunday ticket since buying my house in 2001. The price has been climbing and I really can't afford it by most definitions, but I thought that the opportunity to root for a QB like Manning was a rare (possibly unique) opportunity and that I would regret missing it. Last season was a nightmare, and I regret not cancelling it. THIS season might make up for that if I get still enjoy Manning and to watch the "new" Colts from day one as well. I didn't have that opportunity when Manning joined the team - only seeing the Jets games and whatever made national tv. Sunday ticket is terrific - aside from the fact that they don't repeat anything. I can DVR a second game, but one of the best parts about the possibility of Peyton going west is those 4pm starts. I'd hate to watch one game and find out the scores of a second game I'm taping.

I definitely get that. $339 on my PS3 is steep. If he heads to Denver, I'm headed to the Oakland game. If he goes to TN, I'm out of luck (I'm not flying down to San Diego). If here were to have chosen the Dolphins, Thanksgiving weekend could have been it (coming home, and 'rumor' has the Dolphins in town). Doesn't matter anyways, as I will be going to that game - mark it.

I'm not a big fan of all the 10am game starts, but such is life.

My neighbor will be so peeved if Manning signs with Denver. LOL.

Did I miss something? Maybe I misundersood, it happens haha

Well this is beyond trivial obviously, so I apologize in advance for even wasting your time reading this (and I'm sure no harm was intended) - but for what it's worth:

The only use that I can think of is to put him in at QB in short yardage situations. No WRs, multiple TEs multiple blocking backs, and just let him figure out some way to get in the endzone. That is the one thing that he can do well.

A Qb that can single handedly score when all else fails would not be a good red zone option?

Single handedly?....So no linemen, tight ends, receivers, just himself? 1V11?

Mac's words, not mine

Huh? I was describing a formation with five linemen, three tight ends, two running backs, and Tebow. I thought that you replied to emphasize Tebow's abilities, which to me ARE a joke. Flash replied to turn your comment into an actual joke. Much ado about absolutely nothing, I just didn't like the "MAC's words, not mine". Simply not true - joke or otherwise.

And now back to our regularly scheduled obsessive-compulsive need to track every possible permutation of Peyton's, uh, plight. Or is that flight. :P

I definitely get that. $339 on my PS3 is steep. If he heads to Denver, I'm headed to the Oakland game. If he goes to TN, I'm out of luck (I'm not flying down to San Diego). If here were to have chosen the Dolphins, Thanksgiving weekend could have been it (coming home, and 'rumor' has the Dolphins in town). Doesn't matter anyways, as I will be going to that game - mark it.

I'm not a big fan of all the 10am game starts, but such is life.

My neighbor will be so peeved if Manning signs with Denver. LOL.

Ahh, I see your signature now. I've been in NJ my whole life, so I've got the Jets, Giants and Eagles available. I've only seen the Colts twice in this incarnation (both destruction's of the Eagles - sitting on my hands with the enormous Eagles fan who was kind enough to provide the tickets sitting next to me. I enjoyed myself very quietly. I'd seen them against the Jets a few times when I was younger and they were division rivals.

It would have best for me that he go to the Redskins if the criteria were seeing him personally, but it's not. I'll try to see him again just for the heck of it at some point, but for regular viewing I MUCH prefer watching on TV. Maybe if I were able to see a home game it would be different, but football is like war, and I hate sitting there feeling like I'm the enemy.

And I've always wondered about the early starts. Sunday morning might not be horrible, but MNF starting while your on your way home from work can't be great. It all just seems so foreign.

Edited by MAC

NOT going to interrupt the NCAA games. They WILL go on.....

lighten up

IF they had a press conference today that he was signing it would most certainly interrupt the games! At this point the media is reporting the plane is going down for a workout at Duke - its not a signing announcement or anything like that.

ever since Manning left the broncos facility I tought he was a bronco...i just didnt see any other team that would be better for him. not tennesee and not zona.

i always hoped he was going to the chiefs and i still dont understand why he ruled them out but broncos is a nice fit

ever since Manning left the broncos facility I tought he was a bronco...i just didnt see any other team that would be better for him. not tennesee and not zona.

i always hoped he was going to the chiefs and i still dont understand why he ruled them out but broncos is a nice fit

i am all but certain manning is using bud adams' foolishness as a bargaining chip. peyton will be a bronco. he's way too smart to join the circus in tennessee

I hope Manning is prepared to run the 40, bench 225 lbs and do all the other combine drills so Denver can see he's been working hard since being drafted.

I would guess this will be a private work out with no video at all - unless of course they want to "leak" something.

any relation to woodsie? he's a real hoot

Love a little owl humor. HEY, I'm a fan of the Sheffield Wedesday Owls (soccer), so it all makes sense.

I had to google "woodsie", not being sure if you were referring to something specific, and all I've got is from the Urban Dictionary:

"A bushy-haired 40 year-old inmate who routinely steals watches and refuses to sleep on the top bunk in his prison cell."

:lol: No, I'm not related to that Woodsie.

Love a little owl humor. HEY, I'm a fan of the Sheffield Wedesday Owls (soccer), so it all makes sense.

I had to google "woodsie", not being sure if you were referring to something specific, and all I've got is from the Urban Dictionary:

"A bushy-haired 40 year-old inmate who routinely steals watches and refuses to sleep on the top bunk in his prison cell."

:lol: No, I'm not related to that Woodsie.

i find some of the funniest stuff at urban dictionary. i learn a lot there that makes me seem hipper than i actually am. the vast majority is not appropriate for minors :)

The plane is not being sent to bring Manning to Denver. It's bringing Broncos personel to watch Manning workout and throw. Same as he's doing for the Titans.

Who said anything about them going to pick him up?

Of course, I understand this to be the reason for the visit. Just pointing out they could be looking at a "few others" in the process.

Possibly Gramz. Something I haven't seen anyone mention is the fact that Brandon Stokley plays for the Broncos, and if you all remember Stokley used to play for the Colts. Peyton and him had some great plays together, so that has to look good to Peyton. Rest assured I do realize that Peyton is great enough to throw to anyone, but familiarity is always nice too. Not to mention that Stokley has been one of the guys that Peyton has been working out with at the Duke facility. (Can you imagine if you are Stokley right now? The opportunity to work with the greatest QB not once in your life, but twice...kid in a candy store... ...)

(No WRs, multiple TEs multiple blocking backs), and just let him figure out some way to get in the endzone. That is the one thing that he can do well.

Sorry, thought you meant no to all

Oh.......... No.........., no "no to all". :D

Tebow does have a nose for the end zone / first down marker. His will to win is tremendous. Too bad he has below average QB skills. But even Peyton needs a few teammates now and again.

Broncos, Titans to work out Peyton Manning; 'Fins out of race

Manning will work out Friday at nearby Duke University for a Broncos contingent led by John Elway, the team's executive vice president of football operations, and coach John Fox. They will be joined by general manager Brian Xanders, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, quarterbacks coach Adam Gase and medical personnel.

After their plane touched down at 1:07 p.m. ET, the Broncos' brass left the airport in a white van for the Duke campus in Durham.

Along with Denver, the

Tennessee Titans expect to work out Manning, but no date has been set for that session, NFL Network's Micheal Lombardi reported Friday.

Before forking over that type of money, the Broncos likely want to see Manning throw the ball "60 to 70" times, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, and "want to see if he still has the same arm strength that he did in the first 20 throws."

Added Mayock:

"If I'm the Denver Broncos and I'm going to put a significant financial investment into Peyton Manning,

what I want to see is pretty much what I usually see at the college workouts for the top-level college players ... if I get Peyton Manning, and it's a healthy Peyton Manning,

I'm thinking Super Bowl.