Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Slowly Coming around To liking Brisett

Shadow_Creek

9 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I swear the pats have technology that is intercepting the other teams communications. No way they are this solid for this long using cast offs from other teams in the process. That team stinks of something and I hope someday, it gets exposed. 

Wow.

What the pats have is the best institutional memory in the NFL.  The Patriots brain trust has been around for a very long time, especially Belichick, and has seen most of the possible play combinations.  It can look like mind reading but what's really going on is that they see one play sequence and can figure out what a given coach is most likely to try next.

10 hours ago, JacobyBriskett said:

I was thinking that Brissett Needed more time to develop

he did need time, but its his forth year in the league and now its time for him to show up.  he was very good on Sunday if he keeps that up this team can make a run

We could not ask for a better coach to develop a back up QB into a good starter either

25 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If you give Brissett the same amount of passing attempts that Luck had thru 7 games last year, his numbers are actually superior.

the team is better now too than it was at the beginning of last year.  remember the line wasnt good until AC came back and it took Nelson a few games to really get going 

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Somebody many weeks ago said JB reminded them of a young Tom Brady and I thought that was a bit crazy, 

I've been comparing him to a young Tom Brady stat wise. as well as some other similarities. That said, I think I've stopped short of saying he's the same as Brady. I think he's in the tire tracks though.

18 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he did need time, but its his forth year in the league and now its time for him to show up.  he was very good on Sunday if he keeps that up this team can make a run

We could not ask for a better coach to develop a back up QB into a good starter either

the team is better now too than it was at the beginning of last year.  remember the line wasnt good until AC came back and it took Nelson a few games to really get going 

It is his 4th year in the league, but he's only played 22 games as a starter. So barely a year and a half actual playing time

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It is his 4th year in the league, but he's only played 22 games as a starter. So barely a year and a half actual playing time

doesnt have to start every game to get developed by the coaching staff.  there just isnt time in the league for a backup to be on a roster for 4 years and then say they didnt have enough time to be developed. 

if thats not enough then hes not the guy imo.  hes doing pretty well though now so its a moot point.  coaching changes are tricky but every player has to deal with that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

doesnt have to start every game to get developed by the coaching staff.  there just isnt time in the league for a backup to be on a roster for 4 years and then say they didnt have enough time to be developed. 

if thats not enough then hes not the guy imo.  hes doing pretty well though now so its a moot point.  coaching changes are tricky but every player has to deal with that

I agree for the most part, but even with that, the game wont truly start to "slow down" for a player until said player actually plays in games at full speed.  You can only develop so far with practice reps.

As to the references to "elite QB's" earlier in this thread...all I'll say is we just beat two teams with elite QB's with our "good" QB.

I think JB is playing great football.  Doesn't make mistakes, doesn't force passes in the red zone that are potential interceptions...he's been cool under pressure in the pocket and is making great decisions.  He's a true leader on the field and on the sideline.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching the Pats at Jets, imagine if JB had a game like Darnold is having tonight. This place would be implode lmao . Darnold looks awful.

I've seen all 21 games Brissett has started as a Colt (as many of us have.

Brissett has never looked awful (to me) ....not even close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Looks to be a ascending Player,and I remember bill parcels liking him.

A Super Bowl winning HC, and, Charlie Weis, who as Pats OC guided a young Tom Brady to 3 Super Bowls, and then recruited JB7 to the University of Florida, when he was OC there.

17 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

Seriously? That's the first I heard of that.

If that's true, that is very impressive for a backup QB to display that kind of leadership.

Yes, JB7 planted the seed...

https://tinyurl.com/yysdxarm

Never under estimate the importance of proper leadership. Sometimes I wondered if Andrew was assertive enough and this little nugget is an example of that. Jacoby on the other hand must be very assertive to have the guts to call a meeting like that. That meeting turned our season around and that's quite an impact from a backup QB that barely took any snaps last year. That's extremely impressive to me.

Weis has said JB7 has had a Pied Piper type of following ever since high school. I've seen nothing to refute it still being that way at every step since

This team is in a great, great place if he can fill the void left by Andrew and his retirement. Its looking good so far.

I've trusted in JB7, because I trust the judgement of both Bill Parcels and Charlie Weis; who are  adamant backers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

A Super Bowl winning HC, and, Charlie Weis, who as Pats OC guided a young Tom Brady to 3 Super Bowls, and then recruited JB7 to the University of Florida, when he was OC there.

Yes, JB7 planted the seed...

https://tinyurl.com/yysdxarm

Weis has said JB7 has had a Pied Piper type of following ever since high school. I've seen nothing to refute it still being that way at every step since

I've trusted in JB7, because I trust the judgement of both Bill Parcels and Charlie Weis; who are  adamant backers.

Wow.

This dude just gets it. I hope he can continue to grow and plant himself here for a long. long time.

I cant believe I missed that, appreciate the link!

Me too.

I think several things gave contributed.

First, Luck was the "generational talent" that replaced a legend.  Theres no way Brissett could be as good as AL, right?

Then theres the 2017 season when he was thrown to the wolves and struggled (naturally).

Also, Reich's style of run-first has limited Jacoby's "big play" chances, and lets face it, thats what gets you noticed.  Its no coincidence that the media jumped on his bandwagon AFTER his big day this week.

Jacoby has had a difficult, uphill journey to his starting role.  And all along he has done the right thing and exceeded expectations.  

He won over his teammates and coaches first.

Now he is winning over us and the rest of the league.

Its funny, but he may just suit this team and this offensive philosophy better than AL (overall).

• Like 1

Brissett plays safe and limits turnovers, almost the exact opposite of Luck. If we continue to build the team around jacoby then he will become an exceptional game manager. And in the playoffs, a game manager with a solid team will fair much better than a team who relies heavily on their QB. That’s why the colts playoff record the last 20 years is not great. 

23 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

If you give Brissett the same amount of passing attempts that Luck had thru 7 games last year, his numbers are actually superior.

How are you figuring this?  Is it completion percentage, interception per pass, number of touchdowns, etc?

There are a lot of variables for each stat if it isn't taken in context.  For example, completion percentage isn't the best metric unless you are take account each throws and figure in distance.  For instance, below is the average completion percentage by distance.  Where do you think Brissett was on this chart vs Andrew.  In the beginning of the year, there probably wasn't a big difference but later in the year there would be at this point.

image.thumb.png.ac53d3f8b00d9ef561f1b655893504ff.png

31 minutes ago, bhougland said:

How are you figuring this?  Is it completion percentage, interception per pass, number of touchdowns, etc?

There are a lot of variables for each stat if it isn't taken in context.  For example, completion percentage isn't the best metric unless you are take account each throws and figure in distance.  For instance, below is the average completion percentage by distance.  Where do you think Brissett was on this chart vs Andrew.  In the beginning of the year, there probably wasn't a big difference but later in the year there would be at this point.

image.thumb.png.ac53d3f8b00d9ef561f1b655893504ff.png

It was just a fun comment on how good Brissett has been this year, guy.  I wasn't looking to get into some deep rooted statistical debate.  Don't take things so literally.

51 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

They could believe all they want, but until theysaw it, there wasnt proof.

(iknew there would be one)

But that is exactly what being fan and having faith is all about.....not needing proof. Who determines that proof is necessary? The joy of having Jacoby develop into what I knew was going to happen, is a joy beyond description. I personally never needed to see proof. 

Some do. NO one is right or wrong for how they choose to connect or believe in the team they follow. I am very glad that I am connected the way I am. 

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

But that is exactly what being fan and having faith is all about.....not needing proof. Who determines that proof is necessary? The joy of having Jacoby develop into what I knew was going to happen, is a joy beyond description. I personally never needed to see proof. 

Some do. NO one is right or wrong for how they choose to connect or believe in the team they follow. I am very glad that I am connected the way I am. 

Oh Gawd!

Seriously?

one in every crowd i guess.

Do I like Brissett... yes I like him, but Im not sold on him and though he's a good QB, win games for the Colts and do what he can to be the best QB he can be for the Colts, I still hope Luck comes back next season.

I know he won't, but I would take Luck over Brissett 100 every single day.

Luck just gave this team something else and made it more fun to watch the Colts play.

Again, Brissett is good, but there's just another feeling about watching the Colts with him under center.

I honestly haven't been excited to watch any colts games since Luck left, and that bugs me. 

It's like drinking a beer without alcohol or go to a party without the music. The feeling is just not the same with Brissett as to when Luck or Manning were the QB's. 

I really hope it will change soon, because Brissett is going to be our QB for the next 8-10 years, and I know us Colts fans have been spoiled big time, compared to other teams in the NFL.

But for me, Brissett is just not as fun to watch as Luck, and the offensive explosive offence Manning and Luck ran, well, that will never be Brissetts game. 

I am still 120% colts fan all the way, but the feeling is just different right now.

I will say though, that the more I watch Brissett, the less sceptical I become, so hopefully the old feeling will return sooner than later.

Go Colts 

I find this team more fun to watch then last year. That to me is big because last year was so fun. Just the circumstances that happened with Luck has made this just a fun team to watch. They look even tighter then last year. We have depth so when a injury happens we don’t worry to much. It’s been a incredible journey. We are six games in and I am sold that this team is very good. Not waiting to see anymore. Now that could change if we lose Sunday but I think we will win.