Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quarterbacks are falling like flies

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1st string or the 2nd stringers that stepped out to starters after 1 stringers were out.

Andrew Luck- Retired in preseason
Nick Foles, out for season after 2 passes in Jacksonville,
Big Ben, out for season after 1.5 games
Drew Brees, out 6-10 weeks as of now, after 1 game
Sam Darnold from the Jets, out at least another 7 weeks with mono.
Colt McCoy, out with a broken wrist
Blaine Gabbert, out for 3 weeks so far, return unknown.
Alex Smith, out for the season.
Baker Mayfield, wrist injury, availability unknown for tonights game, may or may not be out.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

1st string or the 2nd stringers that stepped out to starters after 1 stringers were out.

Andrew Luck- Retired in preseason
Nick Foles, out for season after 2 passes in Jacksonville,
Big Ben, out for season after 1.5 games
Drew Brees, out 6-10 weeks as of now, after 1 game
Sam Darnold from the Jets, out at least another 7 weeks with mono.
Colt McCoy, out with a broken wrist
Blaine Gabbert, out for 3 weeks so far, return unknown.
Alex Smith, out for the season.
Baker Mayfield, wrist injury, availability unknown for tonights game, may or may not be out.

It looks like a good year in 2020 for QBs getting drafted early and often. 

Just now, csmopar said:

And that means some EXPENSIVE trades. People thinking we're gonna be able to trade up for some Franchise QB are living in fantasy world. 

Yeah, I have no doubt the Colts win 7-9 games at least, so that would be a lot of drafts picks to give up in order to select a QB. Frankly, I’m not ecstatic about the 2020 crop. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, I have no doubt the Colts win 7-9 games at least, so that would be a lot of drafts picks to give up in order to select a QB. Frankly, I’m not ecstatic about the 2020 crop. 

same here. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The colts are catching a huge break with these QB injuries. The only real QB they play in weeks 8-14 is Watson.

hmmm, so I have had 5 of those QBs on my fantasy team thus far this season... maybe I should put Watson on there? :peek:

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

those are not career ending injuries

Yes/no.

For example, Brees is 40, if NO ends up with a top 10 pick, they're gonna be looking for his replacement.  Big Ben is getting up there in age as well, steelers look like they could be a top 5 pick, they're going to be looking for Ben's replacement, or at should. 

Its not that the injuries are career ending, its that some of these teams have QBs nearing the end of their careers regardless. Others, are dealing with injury prone QBs.

I'm just saying that the competition for the handful of decent QB prospects is gonna cause any asking prices for a trade to balloon in the next year or two.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Big Ben is having season ending surgery and Drew Brees is out until at least week ten or eleven. My guess is chad Kelly would not make it through waivers.

Add in the Jets Darnold our with Mono, and their backup has a broken ankle.  There #3 QB gets to play the Pats next weekend.. could QB #4 start the week after?

• 2 weeks later...