Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hope Jacoby comes in with a boulder on his shoulder

mirobi48

Definitely hoping that JB has a fire sparked in him as a result of all that has happened, and that it causes his game to elevate to levels that will blow us all away! We Colts fans have gone through the ringer emotionally, even some arguing amongst ourselves. We need something POSITIVEly amazing to bring us back together! 

• Like 2

I'd like to see some of Kelly's "fire" rub off on Jacoby.

He's pretty mellow.

And i just realized i have all 2017 (actually all games since '98) recorded.  Gonna watch the 2017 season start to finish before we play SD and see how he looked, progressed.  Strengths,weaknesses, etc.

At least its something to keep my mind away from the "other stuff."

• Like 2

In 2017, Jacoby had the Colts in contention to win, late in most games.  His biggest knocks, as I recall, were completion percentage and holding onto the ball too long.  Given the vast OLine improvement, the quicker passing game installed by Reich, better talent across the board, and his added experience (remember he went from 3rd Stringer in NE to Colts starter in 10 days!), Jacoby is much better poised to succeed.  Jacoby is not Luck, but if Trent Dilfer can be a Super Bowl winning QB (not to mention a pretty spent Peyton in his last season), it’s clear to me that  Brissett has a chance to surprise.

• Like 3

Brissett will go as far as his O-line will take him.  QB is important but, as always, the O-line is more important to team success.   The Vikings went to the Super Bowl despite Joe Kapp.  Trent Dilfer, Craig Morton, even Billy Kilmer (who never learned how to throw a spiral) all 'led' their teams to a Super Bowl.  

The Colts are my team, Brissett is my Quarterback, win or lose we must pull together.  I bleed blue, always have, always will.  A true fan supports their team, no matter what. 

Edited by red14
Early stage dementia.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Look on the bright side guys. Our divisional rival is still without a GM. I'd much rather be missing a QB than missing a GM.

Really??  Who is the GM for the Patriots... oh yeah, Coach Belichick and they have a QB, no GM and seem to be doing fine.  :thinking:

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I'd like to see some of Kelly's "fire" rub off on Jacoby.

He's pretty mellow.

And i just realized i have all 2017 (actually all games since '98) recorded.  Gonna watch the 2017 season start to finish before we play SD and see how he looked, progressed.  Strengths,weaknesses, etc.

At least its something to keep my mind away from the "other stuff."

From what I have read JB Is pretty fiery. Holder had a article saying how much he likes to talk s***.