Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of honor?

jvan1973

Andrew in the ring of honor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of Honor

I voted 'No' but I think he will in time.

This is a big ugly black mark on the organization and Irsay will eventually want to make amends. The Colts * away a generational talent. I hope this doesn't deter other young quarterbacks from coming here.

If the Colts rebound quickly and have a young quarterback fall in their lap, Luck will be in the Ring sooner. If this organization gets stuck in purgatory, might take longer

32 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Ok looks like the joke went over your head there.

It was a lease. Leases can be broken, undone, re-worked, etc.

In fact Irsay considered moving in 2002. The idea that the colts could up and move to LA was always a possibility in the 90’s. 

And how do you not know Jeff George is? He is a staple story in the early/painful years of the Colts.

I know who Jeff George is.   His relevancy to this discussion is what I was questioning. 

The possibility of the team leaving before the lease ended was zero.   They would have owed the city a gigantic amount of money.    They weren't going anywhere until the contract was over.   In comes Peyton and company to save the day.   Had nothing to do with Harbaugh 

• Like 1

I say yes.

for one only Jim Irsay decides who goes in the ring of honor and he just let Luck keep 24 million so I think he will feel he deserves to be there.

Second the ring of honor includes Bill Brooks.  No disrespect to Brooks but Luck did far more for this team than Brooks did.  If you want to compare him to a QB Harbaugh is there for a four year stent that included two playoff runs.  Luck was here for seven years and had four playoff runs and two division titles.  That’s more than Harbaugh.  While Luck’s career was cut way too short  he’s still the second best QB in Indianapolis Colts history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I know who Jeff George is.   His relevancy to this discussion is what I was questioning. 

The possibility of the team leaving before the lease ended was zero.   They would have owed the city a gigantic amount of money.    They weren't going anywhere until the contract was over.   In comes Peyton and company to save the day.   Had nothing to do with Harbaugh 

His relevancy was stated in the post. The early Colts years were rough and he was (amazingly) one of the few hype-able moments from those years.

And all LA would’ve had to do was pay for the lease to be ended.

Don't act like it was impossible just to defend your point. Harbaugh was instrumental in getting Indy to be a football town. He primed the motor and Peyton drove the bus. 

Your argument that Manning was the sole reason is refuted by the fact in 2002 Irsay was considering leaving. That is a fact. Harbaugh had a hand in keeping the fan base energized about football. 

Back on topic. Luck had a great playoff run that was mostly propped up by overcoming a huge deficit to beat a KC team that they should’ve handled. Not knocking the game, it was one of the great Colts games. He then went on to be thoroughly handled by the Pats to a tune of 45-7 where he was abysmal. What else did he accomplish?

He won comeback player of the year, never had any serious contentions for MVP, was never a first team pro-bowl selection. He’s a great QB but he hasn’t built the acumen stats wise or impact to the franchise wise. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

So much nonsense.   They didn't get beat by the ravens because they didn't exist.   They didn't play the browns that year.  They did beat the Patriots.   However Tom Brady wasn't the qb and Belichick was in Cleveland.    They did get blown out by the 8-8 Vince Evans led raiders.   

Andrew played many games seriously hurt.   Jim Harbaugh missed games because he punched Jim Kelly and broke his hand.   Maybe it's you that doesn't remember the Harbaugh days.   Andrew was miles better than Jim.   

This is coming from a guy that considers 95 my 3rd favorite season.   But if Harbaugh is in, luck should be in

Read much? LUCK got beat by KC, the RAVENS and the PATRIOTS.  I stopped reading after that since you're not even aware of what you are replying to.  

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Read much? LUCK got beat by KC, the RAVENS and the PATRIOTS.  I stopped reading after that since you're not even aware of what you are replying to.  

HARBAUGH got beat by a lot of teams too.   What's your point?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

HARBAUGH got beat by a lot of teams too.   What's your point?

Rather than admit your mistake, you deflect.  That's a weak move.  But alas... 

The point is that Luck collapsed in the playoffs all 4 times having poor games.  Harbaugh playing very hurt got us a single play in the endzone from the Super Bowl Luck never got remotely close.  Harbaugh had a weaker team and Faulk, their best player was out.  Luck had Hilton and some other solid players during his run compared to that team.  Harbaugh did not quit on the team but rather played through his serious injury and tried to get the Colts to the Super Bowl, then he was sent packing to Baltimore.  He clearly deserved a spot on the ring.   

If Luck had at least retired after the season pre-Free Agency and draft, that would have given the team a shot at a QB this year and/or at least prepped them better to be ready to move on.  Luck's accomplishments were solid, no question, but there have been a LOT of excellent position players over the years who will never get a whiff of the ring.  I think well after Hilton and Vinateri are up there and perhaps Constanzo if he has a few more productive seasons, then it makes sense to consider him.  But who else is on a ring of honor that retired in their 20's without ever being All Pro, MVP or playing in a Super Bowl or championship?  Aside from someone who died early etc. I can only think of a tiny number of players from the modern era who might fit that, and they may have been more decorated in their careers.  

But make no mistake, he WILL be in the ring.. that is 100% assured.  Whether he deserves to be among the HOFers and ALL Time Colts, that another issue.  He had 4 good seasons as a Colt.  He led the league in TD passes one time and made the Pro-Bowl 4 times.  There are a lot of guys in the Colts history who had really good runs during 4 years at their position.  They won't get in, but Luck will because of his name and peoples infatuation with recency and popularity. 

38 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Rather than admit your mistake, you deflect.  That's a weak move.  But alas... 

The point is that Luck collapsed in the playoffs all 4 times having poor games.  Harbaugh playing very hurt got us a single play in the endzone from the Super Bowl Luck never got remotely close.  Harbaugh had a weaker team and Faulk, their best player was out.  Luck had Hilton and some other solid players during his run compared to that team.  Harbaugh did not quit on the team but rather played through his serious injury and tried to get the Colts to the Super Bowl, then he was sent packing to Baltimore.  He clearly deserved a spot on the ring.   

If Luck had at least retired after the season pre-Free Agency and draft, that would have given the team a shot at a QB this year and/or at least prepped them better to be ready to move on.  Luck's accomplishments were solid, no question, but there have been a LOT of excellent position players over the years who will never get a whiff of the ring.  I think well after Hilton and Vinateri are up there and perhaps Constanzo if he has a few more productive seasons, then it makes sense to consider him.  But who else is on a ring of honor that retired in their 20's without ever being All Pro, MVP or playing in a Super Bowl or championship?  Aside from someone who died early etc. I can only think of a tiny number of players from the modern era who might fit that, and they may have been more decorated in their careers.  

But make no mistake, he WILL be in the ring.. that is 100% assured.  Whether he deserves to be among the HOFers and ALL Time Colts, that another issue.  He had 4 good seasons as a Colt.  He led the league in TD passes one time and made the Pro-Bowl 4 times.  There are a lot of guys in the Colts history who had really good runs during 4 years at their position.  They won't get in, but Luck will because of his name and peoples infatuation with recency and popularity. 

The defense and Zach Crocket had far more to do with the success in 95 than Harbaugh did.    He was ok.  He certainly didn't carry the team.   

On 8/26/2019 at 8:17 PM, jvan1973 said:

Eugene Daniel should be in.    I'm guessing a large number of posters have no idea who that is

ED should be in before Faulk, that's for sure.

Harbaugh was just plain popular, for his playing style and attitude, which feeds into some of this, IMO.

18 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

His relevancy was stated in the post. The early Colts years were rough and he was (amazingly) one of the few hype-able moments from those years.

And all LA would’ve had to do was pay for the lease to be ended.

Don't act like it was impossible just to defend your point. Harbaugh was instrumental in getting Indy to be a football town. He primed the motor and Peyton drove the bus. 

Your argument that Manning was the sole reason is refuted by the fact in 2002 Irsay was considering leaving. That is a fact. Harbaugh had a hand in keeping the fan base energized about football. 

Back on topic. Luck had a great playoff run that was mostly propped up by overcoming a huge deficit to beat a KC team that they should’ve handled. Not knocking the game, it was one of the great Colts games. He then went on to be thoroughly handled by the Pats to a tune of 45-7 where he was abysmal. What else did he accomplish?

He won comeback player of the year, never had any serious contentions for MVP, was never a first team pro-bowl selection. He’s a great QB but he hasn’t built the acumen stats wise or impact to the franchise wise. 

Good post.

IIRC, Harbaugh made good plays, clutch plays, throughout the game and we never really thought that he would screw things up. 

A lot of Luck's good play was after he made interceptions or got off to slow starts in the first half.  Not to blame him for the starts, but he seemed to have more extremes to his play, dug himself into and out of holes,  than Harbaugh, who I thought was simply consistently good each time he played.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The defense and Zach Crocket had far more to do with the success in 95 than Harbaugh did.    He was ok.  He certainly didn't carry the team.   

Well, apparently Irsay disagrees with you, but then you're JVan and he'a a nobody.   I don't see Crocket or the defenders on the ring.. how could Irsay be so clueless you say? 

16 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Well, apparently Irsay disagrees with you, but then you're JVan and he'a a nobody.   I don't see Crocket or the defenders on the ring.. how could Irsay be so clueless you say? 

I didn't say Harbaugh didn't belong in the ring.   I said Andrew does.   

And the defense and Zack Crocket had better performances in the 95 playoff .  It isn't close 

I think he will but it will obviously be a while before it happens. 

While I understand Luck leaving, I believe that after the KC game would have been a good time to do so.  That left Indy with the draft to make preparations.  I'm not sure what we would have done but changes to the draft agenda would have taken place.

Voted yes only because Harbaugh is up there. Luck accomplished more individually, so I feel he will be in eventually. Personally,  I don't think he should. Harbaugh, loved his playing style and can understand him being a fan favorite,  but not certain he belongs up there as well. Captain Comeback was fun to watch though! Sported that 4 Jersey proudly.