Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A trip down memory lane.

csmopar

First, I realize this isn’t directly Colts involved, however, I want you to watch and listen to what Michael Jordan said at his first retirement press conference.  It’s 17 minutes roughly, but listen and see if you can draw parallels to Luck. 

As we know, Jordan would later return to the Bulls and win more titles. Could Luck be the next Jordan? 

The thing with Andrew is that he is so unlike any other athlete.  His intense privacy, his nerdy personality, the physical toll he has been through, he is just different.

I don't think we can draw any parallels to anyone but, if you were to ask me right now, I think it is more likely we hardly see/hear from Andrew Luck again than we see him wearing #12 at LOS again.......and that sucks for me to say.

• Like 1

Also depends on if he keeps snowboarding.....fricken *. Seriously disappointed. He's smarter than that. He knew better. I have ran my own business for last 12 years. I had to stop boing stuff I loved because I couldn't afford to be injured and out of work. Same thing only different lol. Have to keep your priorities on your priority, plain and simple. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Also depends on if he keeps snowboarding.....fricken *. Seriously disappointed. He's smarter than that. He knew better. I have ran my own business for last 12 years. I had to stop boing stuff I loved because I couldn't afford to be injured and out of work. Same thing only different lol. Have to keep your priorities on your priority, plain and simple. 

Agreed, however his priorities are not all on just football. His wife, child, health, and other passions that allow him "to live the life he has wanted to live" is why he retired. Maybe snowboarding is part of that lol

• Like 1

Didn't Jordan retire the first time because of his father's death and he wanted to play baseball because of how much his dad loved it.

Understandable emotions that come with the death of a loved one but eventually you likely decide to live your life for you and not try to live it for your parents.  

Luck retired because he couldn't live the life he wanted and play football at the same time.  That's never going to change.  If his body starts feeling better that isn't going to change the fact that getting hurt playing football is almost a given.