Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Training Camp Day 14

We will know more WED if this offense is this bad or it’s our defense. The QB did have a good day yesterday.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

you know, i have to ask, are the refs at these practices local crews or are they the same ones used during games?

I assume they are not ones used in games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

One thing seems to be noticeable is Ballard's draft has really bolstered our LB, CB and S group. Loads of competition in those 3 groups and it's really showing on the practice field.

I'd throw WR in that too. Gonna be some hard cuts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I assume they are not ones used in games.

yeah i would too but then again, i really dont know 

Campbell is missing valuable time. I was hoping to see him against the browns but We might not. He won’t get as much action to start the season with the missed playing time.

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am really nervous how bad this offense is going to look the first game. Luck needs to get back to practice soon. Maybe Kelly needs to start Sat.  

R-E-L-A-X

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Pascal getting cut, I see it already

One of the tweets said the reason it will be hard to cut him is he is such a great blocker, It’s going to be herd to keep him.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Rock’s new name is Lock Ya Sin.

Ebron looks like a beast without the sleeves on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will know more WED if this offense is this bad or it’s our defense. The QB did have a good day yesterday.

I'm expecting our offense to struggle against the Browns defense in practice, especially the passing game.

The true test will be for our defense, mainly our DB's. Baker's no joke.

Lol

Honestly, I agree with him. 

Always seems like an injury occurs during joint practices too. Cheap shots, etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Reich said him and Kitchens have talked to their teams about keeping it professional and no fighting.

https://www.colts.com/video/frank-reich-colts-defense-training-camp

Good luck with that. There will be plenty of bickering and beyond that, all it'll take is one big hit.

Like McClellan last year (guy on the Ravens who leveled Morrison and started brawl in our joint practice) there always seems to be some end of the roster guy who just doesn't care because they know they're not making the team anyways.

• Like 6

Sad we probably won’t see Campbell against the Browns. With missing practices  he most likely won’t get as many reps to start the season. 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is why I love Pascal.  Might not be flashy, but does the extra stuff!

One of the tweets said the reason it will be hard to cut him is he is such a great blocker, It’s going to be herd to keep him.

His blocking is what got him most of his snaps last season. He was the best we had.

21 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

I hope Hines kills it on returns because I'm just not seeing it with Pascal. 

Pascal can be replaced on KR. I think it is PR where it will be harder to cut Rogers. 

Hines got more reps today either the first unit on PR.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the offense. They were fine last year with Luck not practicing and rusty. I'm more concerned about the defense, especially with all the good QBs they face.

• Like 1

Here is the INT By Rock. To be honest that is a bad throw by Brissett more than a great post by rock.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the offense. They were fine last year with Luck not practicing and rusty. I'm more concerned about the defense, especially with all the good QBs they face.

Luck practiced all TC. Luck hasn’t done anything team wise since the KC game.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the INT By Rock. To be honest that is a bad throw by Brissett more than a great post by rock.

It's why I don't get super hyped up by tweets about INT's until I see a video.

Don't get me wrong, Rock's proven to be a pretty good ball hawk, but after the tweets about this INT/the reactions to it you'd think we drafted the second coming of Deion Sanders.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's why I don't get super hyped up by tweets about INT's until I see a video.

Don't get me wrong, Rock's proven to be a pretty good ball hawk, but after the tweet about this INT and the reactions to it you'd think we drafted the second coming of Deion Sanders.

You can see it landed right in Rocks hands. DF never had it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Luck practiced all TC. Luck hasn’t done anything team wise since the KC game.

actually, you are wrong. he's not been in live drills, but he has been throwing to WRs and TEs and doing handoffs for the walk thru's with the 1s, that is per Frank Reich. 

hey guys signed up to provide some insight from the browns side and gain some insight from INDY's perspective on the upcoming joint practices and preseason game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It looked like a near perfect throw by Brissett and great coverage and hands by Lock.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

actually, you are wrong. he's not been in live drills, but he has been throwing to WRs and TEs and doing handoffs for the walk thru's with the 1s, that is per Frank Reich. 

Yes but it still isn’t actually game speed.  He actually did warmups with the team yesterday.

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It looked like a near perfect throw by Brissett and great coverage and hands by Lock.

Reich even said in his press conference that it was under thrown. I do think DF looked like he tried to take off before he had the ball though. A little concentration lapse.

12 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

hey guys signed up to provide some insight from the browns side and gain some insight from INDY's perspective on the upcoming joint practices and preseason game.

welcome... we're cool with Browns fans, its the patriot ones we hate hahaha

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes but it still isn’t actually game speed.  He actually did warmups with the team yesterday.

I'm not worried about it one bit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The battles rock and DF have had in camp are going to make both of them better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich even said in his press conference that it was under thrown. I do think DF looked like he tried to take off before he had the ball though. A little concentration lapse.

the thing that worries me in Nelson and Kelly being hurt.

• Thanks 1

I hate doing this but the Colts need to take a serious look into those soft tissue injuries and the recovery from them. Luck, Campbell, AC last year(I would bet there are a lot more that I just cannot remember right now). This continues happening. Players try to return after injury only to suffer setbacks and make things worse.

I heard some injury expert say we are bottom third in the league in injuries 10 years running. Every single year! This is coming to the point where it cannot be just dumb luck. Is it trainers/medical staff... is it the artificial turf at Lucas Oil Stadium? Is it the coaching? Is is the nutrition/food? Whatever it is, they need to figure it out. This can't keep happening again and again and again and again... I realize that this is contact sport and physical sport and some injuries are expected but the level and consistency of it happening to Colts players is very much out of the ordinary. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

Welcome.

Most of us here are friendly :highfive2:

• Like 1

a couple match ups i am excited about in the upcoming practices .

1. browns O line against Indy d line. How has your pass rush been so far in camp?   it has been a struggle so far in camp with the browns D line causing lots of pressure. interested to see if its just the browns D line or if its going to be a cause for concern.

2. Njoku against leonard especially in the redzone. Njoku has been making multiple TD catches per practice. the browns dont have a LB that can matchup with his size and jumping ability. leonard is so long that i think it will be a good battle.

3. both teams WR vs CB battles. both teams have good CB's and WR's it should be fun to see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I hate doing this but the Colts need to take a serious look into those soft tissue injuries and the recovery from them. Luck, Campbell, AC last year(I would bet there are a lot more that I just cannot remember right now). This continues happening. Players try to return after injury only to suffer setbacks and make things worse.

I heard some injury expert say we are bottom third in the league in injuries 10 years running. Every single year! This is coming to the point where it cannot be just dumb luck. Is it trainers/medical staff... is it the artificial turf at Lucas Oil Stadium? Is it the coaching? Is is the nutrition/food? Whatever it is, they need to figure it out. This can't keep happening again and again and again and again... I realize that this is contact sport and physical sport and some injuries are expected but the level and consistency of it happening to Colts players is very much out of the ordinary. 

agreed but they're not happening at LOS, they're happening on a variety of fields.