Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In case you weren't sure...

John Hammonds

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Rock with #34. Man that is ugly for a CB. Hopefully someone gets cut so he can get a more CB friendly number 

That was Mike Mitchell's number. Definitely agree with you on the ugly number for a CB part though

28 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Parris Campbell was given Dontrell Inman's #15.

Ben Banogu was given Najee Good's #52.

You think that says something about who will not be returning?  Yup.

Also was Dorsett's number.

13 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

I feel bad for Inman. It would seem it is nothing but an age thing and Ballard probably likes his chances of calling him midseason if needed due to injury or dropsies. 

When we have such a great culture and creating a family you do feel bad for him. He really wanted to play here again. I suppose he has been at this long enough he knows it can happen. If we get a injury I guess if he hasn’t signed we could bring him back. I think we are going to be sad for a lot of players getting cut with the depth we have created.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Rock with #34. Man that is ugly for a CB. Hopefully someone gets cut so he can get a more CB friendly number 

Yeah hope he can get possibly 22 or 24. The number 34 fits better on a safety, don't know why lol. 

53 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

I feel bad for Inman. It would seem it is nothing but an age thing and Ballard probably likes his chances of calling him midseason if needed due to injury or dropsies. 

I hate this.  I understand the desire to go younger. But I loved the way Inman played last year, and really wanted him to get a chance to continue with the chemistry he was building with Luck. 

Beside Hilton, there are 3 WRs on the roster that might be better than Inman this year, but none that I would bet on.  

Having said that, I'll admit that I'm impatient.  I'm thinking about this year, and for this year, the Colts are better with Inman than without him.  But Ballard's playing the long game, and he appears to be really good at it.  

• Like 2

I doubt we ever would, and it'd probably be unpopular/that it'd be disrespectful, but I wonder if we ever un-retire some numbers. Especially if we ever plan to retire guys like Marvin's #88 or others.

We don't have as many as say the Bears, and I know some of these guys will change numbers after cut downs, but it seems like RB/DB/WR's have somewhat slim pickings here.

37 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

I hate this.  I understand the desire to go younger. But I loved the way Inman played last year, and really wanted him to get a chance to continue with the chemistry he was building with Luck. 

Beside Hilton, there are 3 WRs on the roster that might be better than Inman this year, but none that I would bet on.  

Having said that, I'll admit that I'm impatient.  I'm thinking about this year, and for this year, the Colts are better with Inman than without him.  But Ballard's playing the long game, and he appears to be really good at it.  

I love Inman too, and wish there was a way to keep him. There's just not a lot of room at X. Remove TY at Z, and Rogers  and Parris at slot (both who could shift to Z), from the conversation.  That's 3 and assumes we shift positions instead of having a full time back up at Z. Now remove Cain who supposedly had locked down starting X, and Funchess who we just paid 10M for.

That leave one spot (assuming we only carry 6 on the 53MR). I don't see them getting rid of Pascal for Inman. If Fountain is working hard at improving, he'd be the obvious guy to keep on the practice squad. If after getting a look at UDFA and tryout guys, perhaps they decided to keep 7, or bonce Pascal down to the practice squad and take Inman back. I just don't see either of those things happening. If Cain is gimpy, or if another X gets hurt, then maybe.

It's gonna be crowded at a lot of spots.  When CB said he wanted to create competition, he wasn't kidding.  Quincy Wilson, you've been given a notice.  Nobody is handed a starting job in the NFL.  You gotta be better than the other guy.  And they just drafted an other guy.  Deon Cain, I'm sorry you got dealt a rotten hand.  But if you want to start, you gotta be better than the other guys.  Time to get to work.

• Like 1