Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meeting with Michigan DE Rashan Gary today

I remember Ballard saying when they drafted Malik Hooker that they brought him in just in case he fell (and Hooker for a good amount of time was seen as a guaranteed top 10/possible top 5 pick.) Whilst I don't think he'll fall all the way to 26, there may be some concerns with Gary that cause him to fall (like injury concerns or lack of production) so Ballard could just very well be doing his homework

• Like 1

I'll be really surprised if we trade up in the 1st...or at least mildly surprised.

As for Gary, I'm so split on him. If he fell, sure why not, take him. But I don't think I'd take him if I was any team in the top ten. And trading up for him? Not sure, but I definitely wouldn't trade up too far/give up too much. I wanna like him, the traits are fully there, but I just don't think he's gonna be a very good pass rush threat on the end. I think he'll be better on the inside.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

I remember Ballard saying when they drafted Malik Hooker that they brought him in just in case he fell (and Hooker for a good amount of time was seen as a guaranteed top 10/possible top 5 pick.) Whilst I don't think he'll fall all the way to 26, there may be some concerns with Gary that cause him to fall (like injury concerns or lack of production) so Ballard could just very well be doing his homework

I remember there was a leaked picture of the Colts draft card for Hooker in their draft room. It suggested Hooker was no. 4 on their board. 

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

I remember there was a leaked picture of the Colts draft card for Hooker in their draft room. It suggested Hooker was no. 4 on their board. 

Oh yeah I have no doubt that Hooker was high on their board. But what I'm saying is in the interview of Ballard explaining the pick of Hooker, he did mention that they brought him in "just in case" he fell (which around draft season not many people can honestly say they expected for him to fall.) It may be the same with Gary or Burns, Ballard may be bringing in players he has very high on his board but who he feels may have a chance in falling (like Hooker did) so that if by any chance they're there at 26, he has no doubt in his mind whether to pick them or pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

About this time in 2013, Bjorn Werner was projected to be a top 10 pick.  And by draft day, he fell to us at 24.  So there’s that.  Yep.

More like the Colts broke his fall...I think he was tumbling fast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stitches said:

IMO they are just doing their due diligence and covering all the bases in case he starts falling to the teens... 

I doubt they trade up, but yeah, someone always unexpectedly drops.