Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyreek Hill being investigated / abuse involving minor

ColtsBlueFL

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s true. Probably want to make sure the tape can be authenticated also. The nfl just looks bad.

The nfl needs to crack down on teams who draft players who have incidents like this before they draft them. Maybe tell them if they draft this player and he does something like that again the team loses a draft pick or is fined.

I don't think the NFL looks bad at all.   It's the off season and the Chiefs have already blocked him from team activities.  

It's a tough call when a guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.   

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens with the NFL and the courts, I hope Tyreek and the mother learn and grow from this and become good parents.

They're both young and need to mature for the sake of their children.

That kid and his future siblings deserve better than this.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s true. Probably want to make sure the tape can be authenticated also. The nfl just looks bad.

The nfl needs to crack down on teams who draft players who have incidents like this before they draft them. Maybe tell them if they draft this player and he does something like that again the team loses a draft pick or is fined.

All anyone cares about is the optics. I'm so tired of hearing about how the league and the team look bad. They didn't do anything wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

All anyone cares about is the optics. I'm so tired of hearing about how the league and the team look bad. They didn't do anything wrong. 

Exactly. The team has already banned him from team activities. I am quite sure the NFL will hand down it's punishment if he is found to be guilty.

Not before. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Regardless of what happens with the NFL and the courts, I hope Tyreek and the mother learn and grow from this and become good parents.

They're both young and need to mature for the sake of their children.

That kid and his future siblings deserve better than this.

I hope so too, but I don't see it happening.   This isn't the first incident.   In the past, the money could have hidden several other incidents.   Now that the money is dwindling, it'll be more frequent.  

1 hour ago, Nulled said:

You do realize Adrian Peterson beat his kid with a tree branch, right?

It was a switch. Not worse than breaking a kid's arm. Is it extreme? Absolutely. I'm not sure I would call it cruel though. 

Some people are raised in that type of culture though, where you do things maybe not of that degree, but of that nature to discipline your child. 

I'll try not to go too much into this because it's an online forum, but my family comes from a country where maybe 50 years ago, switches would be used to discipline your child. At the end of the day though, you still love your child. Now, they never used it to the extent that AP did, nor did they necessarily use it on kids that young, but I'm just trying to give context into what he did. AP was raised in a culture where that was still okay to do. I found this in an article.

"Peterson's family and friends confirmed to USA Today Sports on Monday that he grew up in a household where his father, Nelson Peterson, used whippings as disciplinary measures.

Peterson said "I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a man."

Now obviously I'm not trying to excuse what he did. Beating a 4 year old with a switch to where he gets a number of bruises and lacerations on his body is not okay. But it's not on the same level as breaking a 3 year old's arm. And clearly AP did it because he thought it was the right way to discipline a child.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Hill didn't break the kids arm, who did then? Casper? casper GIF

KIds have accidents. If that letter is true he was taken to the hospital and there was no allegations of abuse. Woman make stuff up like this all the time. Hill is no saint but to say there is no possibility of her making this up is kind of being inevitable sided.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

KIds have accidents. If that letter is true he was taken to the hospital and there was no allegations of abuse. Woman make stuff up like this all the time. Hill is no saint but to say there is no possibility of her making this up is kind of being inevitable sided.

Of course I wasn't there but to me from everything I have read and heard Hill looks guilty to me. I guess the kid fell and it was accident, I highly doubt it but I could be wrong. If it is proven Hill is innocent and she is lying I would be surprised at this point. Women do make stuff up but this looks bad for Hill IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

My youngest sister ended up getting very third degree burns from a sodering tool at eight months old. Accidents happen.

Not saying they don't but abuse happens too. You seem to be giving Hill the benefit of the doubt, I just don't right now. He has a history of already beating up the woman he is with now and that audio sounded bad. He not only didn't deny hitting his kid in the chest on the audio, he threatened her on top of it. Sounds like a guy to me that has a temper problem and he sounds guilty. 

20 hours ago, esmort said:

Better to err on the side of caution, fully investigate, and not getting swept up in the angry mob. It's not like the season starts tomorrow. 

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The league is not in a hurry to place on exempt list, or punish yet.  They don't look bad because the are performing due diligence.

NFLPA would never let that pass in a CBA.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think the NFL looks bad at all.   It's the off season and the Chiefs have already blocked him from team activities.  

It's a tough call when a guy hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet.   

Exactly, and that action (preventing him  from voluntary OTA activity) might even violate the current CBA. However, if he and the NFLPA decide to fight this, I think Goodell and the league would step in at that point and place him on the exempt list then.  So I think Hill goes to work out at another place while the league investigates.

Case has been reopened, but he has never admitted anything either, so they still have to find something to prosecute.  But league might find enough to suspend at some point.

• Like 2

Just now, Nulled said:

I can tell you, that to the common person these two actions are pretty similar.

???

Switching a kid is very, very different from either punching a kid in the chest, or handling him so roughly that his arm is broken. 

What common people are you talking about?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

???

Switching a kid is very, very different from either punching a kid in the chest, or handling him so roughly that his arm is broken. 

What common people are you talking about?

I agree 100%, when I was a kid and got in trouble I got whipped by a belt when I got in trouble on the butt. It only happened a handful of times but at no time did my parents ever grab me wrong, punch me, or abuse me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nulled said:

Thanks for that info. I can tell you, that to the common person these two actions are pretty similar. At a high level without context, both kids got beat. That being said, I'm sure Hill didn't intentionally break his child's arm.

Either way, there is right around zero chance Hill gets barred from the NFL. He might be suspended for the 2019 season, but that is about it. Like i previously said, after said suspension is over he will be playing football. The Chiefs are wise to make sure it's them.

I recognize that it's a business, but if you actually want to change things, you can't sit around and wait for another team to make the first move. Using the same logic, other teams may say "Well, if we don't pick him up, another team definitely will. We should pick him up before they do."

And of course from the business side, I don't care what happened to AP, the PR risk would be too great for me to pick up this dude, not to mention the other risk that he won't get into trouble again.

17 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.

That is my guess on how this turns out.    They stand to lose $80 million dollars.

21 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

These texts look so fake. I'm mostly waiting to see how it plays out but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends in her taking the fall so that he can make big money.

I agree, that looks phony. The audio sounded like the truth to me. I feel bad for the kid at this point. 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%, when I was a kid and got in trouble I got whipped by a belt when I got in trouble on the butt. It only happened a handful of times but at no time did my parents ever grab me wrong, punch me, or abuse me. 

I got the belt once.

Once was all it took.

:funny:

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I got the belt probably 8-15 times.   The worst one was when I stuck a book in my pants.   That punishment was deemed a bare bottom one.  

When I got mine, I deserved it looking back on it. It was either because I got in trouble in school for being a smart mouth to a teacher or back talking my parents. Once I got into high school I never got in trouble. The 3 or 4 whippings I got made me be a better kid. 

"The worst one was when I stuck a book in my pants". You had me rolling on that one. I never thought of doing that one :funny:

• Like 1

I got the belt a bunch. Got the switch once or twice. My older brother took the worst of it, and I like to think I either learned from his example, or he wore my parents down so much they had no energy left for me.

Doesn't make it right. I discipline my daughter differently from the way I was disciplined, but I definitely don't hold anything against my parents for how we were disciplined. But it's not acceptable now, and that's fine. Things change. 

Still, I think some people don't understand how cultural differences and upbringing influences stuff like this, even now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I wonder about the texts. They don't come across as genuine. 

But still, we're a far distance from having proved that he abused his son. Yet everyone has accepted it as unassailable fact.

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

I got the belt a bunch. Got the switch once or twice. My older brother took the worst of it, and I like to think I either learned from his example, or he wore my parents down so much they had no energy left for me.

Doesn't make it right. I discipline my daughter differently from the way I was disciplined, but I definitely don't hold anything against my parents for how we were disciplined. But it's not acceptable now, and that's fine. Things change. 

Still, I think some people don't understand how cultural differences and upbringing influences stuff like this, even now. 

Yeah I do not have any kids but if I did I couldn't imagine even whipping them on the butt with a belt like I got a few times. I am just not like that. It is just different today too, back in the 80's kids got the belt a lot if they acted up. I understand why my parents did it too so no regrets. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

But still, we're a far distance from having proved that he abused his son. Yet everyone has accepted it as unassailable fact.

I am not going to say it is 100% fact that Hill did everything he is being accused of. None of us know that but from the evidence/or from what I have read he looks guilty. If I had to put a % on whether or not he abused his kid by punching him, I would say it is close to 100%, JMO. Whether he broke his arm I would say that is 50/50, not sure what to believe on that one. The audio just sounded real/truth and the texts look like now she is covering for him. Nobody is going to put in a text that they abused their kid like she did. She is admitting to a crime and child abuse by doing so. The texts make this look worse for Hill and makes her look really bad. Hill also clearly threatened her on the audio, that is a crime by itself.

49 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, nothing's proven yet.

Only thing that's really factual at this point, or at least is IMO, is that these two are in a toxic relationship.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to put a % on whether or not he abused his kid by punching him, I would say it is close to 100%, JMO.

Here's my thing: Your opinion of the likelihood of whether he did something wrong or not doesn't count. Yet, in general, we're acting like the fact that everyone has decided that they believe he's guilty means the Chiefs and the league should take action against him.

And the other question is whether anyone has actually thought about what action should be taken if he actually is guilty of what he's been accused of. It's just an automatic 'get rid of him, he's scum,' and I have spent a lot of time questioning whether that's actually the best approach, whether he's scum or not. Whether he ever plays again or not. 

It's a zero sum, either/or proposition right now. Either the Chiefs cut him and the league suspends him for a long time, or the Chiefs and the league don't care about domestic violence. And that's unfair, and not a healthy approach to this situation -- or any situation involving wrongdoing of any kind by a public figure. Just getting rid of people who do wrong things doesn't do anything except feed the outrage machine. It's not an actual solution.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Here's my thing: Your opinion of the likelihood of whether he did something wrong or not doesn't count. Yet, in general, we're acting like the fact that everyone has decided that they believe he's guilty means the Chiefs and the league should take action against him.

And the other question is whether anyone has actually thought about what action should be taken if he actually is guilty of what he's been accused of. It's just an automatic 'get rid of him, he's scum,' and I have spent a lot of time questioning whether that's actually the best approach, whether he's scum or not. Whether he ever plays again or not. 

It's a zero sum, either/or proposition right now. Either the Chiefs cut him and the league suspends him for a long time, or the Chiefs and the league don't care about domestic violence. And that's unfair, and not a healthy approach to this situation -- or any situation involving wrongdoing of any kind by a public figure. Just getting rid of people who do wrong things doesn't do anything except feed the outrage machine. It's not an actual solution.

Lets say he is indeed guilty of punching his kid in chest? What do you suggest the Chiefs and the league to do? They have to do something. I would not want him on the Colts, so glad it isn't our problem.

14 minutes ago, Nulled said:

i'd have to say a good majority of the population. I follow football, and I just learned what a "switch" was when the AP incident happened.

I still believe that a majority of the US doesn't know what that is, and will see the incidents similarly. I believe men in black said it best... A person is smart, but people are dumb panicky animals.

Are you younger than 30?

That MiB quote is one of my favorite. I just happen to think the general reaction of 'get rid of him!' before knowing the facts is an example of people being dumb, panicky animals...

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say he is indeed guilty of punching his kid in chest? What do you suggest the Chiefs and the league to do? They have to do something. I would not want him the Colts, so glad it isn't our problem.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution. It would depend on the person, the circumstances, and whether I think my organization can help him or not. And my strategy would be independent from my football operation, to whatever extent that's possible. In other words, I wouldn't be hoping I can hang on to him while everything blows over just because he makes my team better. My main objective would be to help him, and his family, if there's a legit opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all solution. It would depend on the person, the circumstances, and whether I think my organization can help him or not. And my strategy would be independent from my football operation, to whatever extent that's possible. In other words, I wouldn't be hoping I can hang on to him while everything blows over just because he makes my team better. My main objective would be to help him, and his family, if there's a legit opportunity to do so.

Well like you said we do not know all the facts, if he is guilty I think he should be suspended for the year as there is no excuse IMO for repeated abuse of a kid. If I was a GM I would cut him as well. If the evidence isn't 100% clear, of course that is different. I just think as of now, the evidence looks not in his favor hence my earlier posts. I am all for 2nd chances too but he has already had that after abusing the girl he is with now while she was pregnant.

• Like 1