Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading down from 26?

I know that a few posts have alluded the idea of trading up a little if a guy like Sweat or Polite are sliding but what do you all think about CB trading DOWN from 26.

Personally think 26 is a tough spot and there seems to be a lot of value that could be had in the second or third round with guys like Omenihu, Samuel, Oruwariye, Hooker, and (my personal favourite sleeper) Isabella just to name a few

Would you be open to a down trade if we can't get someone without reaching and getting a few 2nd and 3rd picks instead?

• Like 2

All of the guys I mentioned above I believe have very high ceilings and reasonably high floors. If we could somehow turn our top two picks into Omenihu, Oruwariye, Hooker and one of those WR I would be ecstatic. Fills needs across the boards with players who look like rising during the combine. Of course one or two of them might come to us at 26 and 34 without reaching at all. Wish the draft would just be on us already.

7 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

I know that a few posts have alluded the idea of trading up a little if a guy like Sweat or Polite are sliding but what do you all think about CB trading DOWN from 26.

Personally think 26 is a tough spot and there seems to be a lot of value that could be had in the second or third round with guys like Omenihu, Samuel, Oruwariye, Hooker, and (my personal favourite sleeper) Isabella just to name a few

Would you be open to a down trade if we can't get someone without reaching and getting a few 2nd and 3rd picks instead?

I'd be ok with him packaging a midround '20 pick for a '20 1st round and a late '19 round pick. I think 26 sucks in terms of positioning, especially when we pick 8 spots later with another 2nd round to boot. I'd rather gamble it being a much better spot, possibly a premium pick next year (if you can get a sucker to do it). Maybe Oakland wants to make a huge splash in this years draft and is willing to trade their own '20 1st round, as they would still have Chicago's '20 1st round to hang on to. 

• Like 1

Unless there is a dazzling offer that moves the Colts back to the bottom of the 1st round or the top of the 2nd round, I wouldn't do it. There will be some genuinely talented players at 26. If the preferred pass rusher or 3 Tech isn't there, choose another position. This team needs difference makers. There will be one available at a position of need with the 26th pick. 

17 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I’d rather have Sweat over Burns and AJ Brown over Metcalf. 

It’s not about why’d you rather have.   The comment was about who is likely to be at 26.

Sweat is likely to be gone by 20,  perhaps even gone by 15.    In other words,  they won’t be there at 26.   

• Thanks 1

Its going to be interesting to see who is going to be there at #26. I say if some teams reach for a couple more QB's than expected and some of the OL start moving up we will stay if not and alot of DL gets drafted early like expected to dominate the draft I'm all for trading down for more picks. 

I think us Colts fans will all be okay for trading down if we make somewhat of a splash on the DL in FA.