Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew's supporting cast

CR91

We have had four full seasons where Andrew was healthy and hes finished each season with a double digit win season and four playoff seasons with 4 playoff wins, two on the road, with imo one of the worst supporting case on offense and defense. Lets breakdown his supporting case.

Bust

Trent Richardson

Laron Landry

Khlad Holmes

Phillip Dorsett

Leraven Clark

Bjoern Werner

Djoun Smith

Ricky Jean Francios

Darius Hayward Bey

Hugh Thornton

Mike Mcglynn

Samson Stalae

Greg Toler

Tarrell Basham

JAG

Coby Fleenor

Dwayne Allen

Donte Moncrief

Dan Herron

Vick Ballard

Gosder Cherlius

Henry Anderson

Kendall Langford

Ryan Grant

Joe Haeg

Chester Rogers

Potential

Bradan Smith

Mark Glowinski

Clayton Geathers

Quincy Wilson

Looking Like A Star

Quenton Nelson

Ryan Kelly

Darius Leonard

Marlon Mack

Kenny Moore

Malik Hooker

Eric Ebron

Anthony Walker

Legit

Vontae Davis

Anthony Castonzo

Jerrell Freeman

D'Qwell Jackson

Pat Mcafee

Cory Redding

Mike Adams

Erik Walden

Antoine Bethea

Jack Mewhort

Jabal Sheard

Jack Doyle

HOF

Reggie Wayne

Robert Mathis

Adam Vinateri

Frank Gore

T.Y Hilton

Now yea the recent talent skewers the numbers, however that is one year compared to three heathly seasons with a lackluster roster. Now I put five HOFers including Hilton who I think will be a HOFer, but Wayne Gore and mathis were past their prime.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

No way should Le'Raven Clark be in the bust category, JAG perhaps.

Hes a third round pick that has amounted to nothing more then a healthy scratch come game day going into his fourth year. Hes a bust. 

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hes a third round pick that has amounted to nothing more then a healthy scratch come game day going into his fourth year. Hes a bust. 

That’s just it he’s a third round pick. He had way to high expectations set for him he’s not a bust he’s a depth tackle that was viewed to have a lot of potential but has yet to reach it going in to his 4th year.

2 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

That’s just it he’s a third round pick. He had way to high expectations set for him he’s not a bust he’s a depth tackle that was viewed to have a lot of potential but has yet to reach it going in to his 4th year.

A third round pick is still an early pick. Guys like Hines, Wilkins, Mack, Hairston, and Walker were late picks and they have flourished in shorter time. Even Haeg has outplayed him.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

A third round pick is still an early pick. Guys like Hines, Wilkins, Mack, Hairston, and Walker were late picks and they have flourished in shorter time. Even Haeg has outplayed him.

I just don’t see him being a bust when he’s a 3 rounder with his 3rd oline coach going into his 4th year. A bust is Jamarcus Russell, Trent Richardson, or rg3. 

30 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I just don’t see him being a bust when he’s a 3 rounder with his 3rd oline coach going into his 4th year. A bust is Jamarcus Russell, Trent Richardson, or rg3. 

So because he's a third round pick, hes not a bust? Do you consider Basham to be a bust? How about Kevin Thomas? Drake Nevis?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Just think of what he could do if he wasn't throwing to essentially practice squad players. Get the man some weapons before he's out of his prime! I don't see Luck playing til he's 100 like Brady/Brees...

Yup. What Luck did was pretty incredible when you consider who he had for targets. Doyle going down really had to hurt. Ebron surprised everybody, TY was his usual "studly" self despite double coverage and playing through pain, and Inman was a nice addition. The rest were more like the Seven Dwarfs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Fleenor couldn't even last with the saints and their TE room is lacking. I dont even think hes in the league

Perhaps. But I do think it’s worth noting. Simply because it seems that Luck likes to have that TE that can make dynamic catches . Doyle was ok but him being hurt this year makes him a non factor at this point in time. Can’t wait to see both Doyle and Ebron again in the game at the same time with another year under Franks system. 

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

So because he's a third round pick, hes not a bust? Do you consider Basham to be a bust? How about Kevin Thomas? Drake Nevis?

He's firmly in the JAG category as of this year,  He's played 15 and 12 games the last 2 seasons, starting 9....  so he's definitely more than "a player who has amounted to nothing more than a healthy scratch come game day going in to year 4"  Could he have been better thus far, or a better player picked in his draft position?  Sure, absolutely.....  as well as the opposite being just as plausible.  There are all these shades of gray, it's not simply good player or bust....

54 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps. But I do think it’s worth noting. Simply because it seems that Luck likes to have that TE that can make dynamic catches . Doyle was ok but him being hurt this year makes him a non factor at this point in time. Can’t wait to see both Doyle and Ebron again in the game at the same time with another year under Franks system. 

When Doyle is on the field he is better than OK.  Doyle is Luck's safety valve and moves the chains. He has some of the best hands on the team.

One sentence, Doyle is a non factor at this point and time.

Another sentence, Can't wait to see Doyle and Ebron again.

29 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

He's firmly in the JAG category as of this year,  He's played 15 and 12 games the last 2 seasons, starting 9....  so he's definitely more than "a player who has amounted to nothing more than a healthy scratch come game day going in to year 4"  Could he have been better thus far, or a better player picked in his draft position?  Sure, absolutely.....  as well as the opposite being just as plausible.  There are all these shades of gray, it's not simply good player or bust....

He only starts out of necessity. If there are no options. It took AC, Webb, and Haeg being injuried for him to start.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He only starts out of necessity. If there are no options. It took AC, Webb, and Haeg being injuried for him to start.

You could be right, Dude could bust out and never play another down..... Or he could develop into an average player.... either is just as likely, he was an acknowledged project pick when drafted.

37 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You could be right, Dude could bust out and never play another down..... Or he could develop into an average player.... either is just as likely, he was an acknowledged project pick when drafted.

Well this projected unforunately failed. Even Ballard has said Clark needs to prove it at this stage in his career.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Pleasant surprise =/= rising star. 

IMO, Walker is much more JAG than anything else.

He was second on the team in tackles. Leonard getting all the praise took away from Walkers very good season

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Agreed.  I would also move Ryan Grant into the Bust category.  What exactly did he do this year?

He was doing ok before he got hurt. Wasn't a world beater, but I don't think the expectations were that high. 

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He was second on the team in tackles. Leonard getting all the praise took away from Walkers very good season

He was doing ok before he got hurt. Wasn't a world beater, but I don't think the expectations were that high. 

Grant got out performed by a guy signed late mid season...  He was given a W2 style contract.  He didn't even live up to a WR4...

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Pleasant surprise =/= rising star. 

IMO, Walker is much more JAG than anything else.

Walker JAG?! You're nuts.  Look at how badly the D performed the one game he was out.  His communication is KEY to that D and he was responsible to getting guys in the right spot.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Walker JAG?! You're nuts.  Look at how badly the D performed the one game he was out.  His communication is KEY to that D and he was responsible to getting guys in the right spot.

The DL didn't even touch the other Manning statue in that game...had nothing to do with Walker. Pretty sure Walker was back in there for that KC game...and was objectively bad for most of that game.

I just think he's much closer to "JAG" than "rising star"...if we are categorizing players. He is not very good in pass coverage and has a tendency to overpursue and take bad angles.

That doesn't make him a bad player though. PFF graded as the #60 LB last year...an average player. He has more potential than an average player though.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:41 PM, CR91 said:

No I wouldn’t most 3rd round players aren’t starting most are depth the ones you named above are just guys that didn’t work out for us either way Clark has done way more than any of those guys. So yes because he’s a third round pick, has started in multiple games and provided depth on the oline over the last 3 years I feel comfortable saying that he is not a bust.

30 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

No I wouldn’t most 3rd round players aren’t starting most are depth the ones you named above are just guys that didn’t work out for us either way Clark has done way more than any of those guys. So yes because he’s a third round pick, has started in multiple games and provided depth on the oline over the last 3 years I feel comfortable saying that he is not a bust.

Thats your opinion. Majority of colts fans think hes a bust, but if you disagree its fine