Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I speak for all colts fans right now

CR91

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I still love the game. Im just tired of it being tarnished every year by this team. As a fan, I wanna see different teams being champions. Dynasties imo makes watching sports irrelevant. Like watching the NBA now-a-days.  

As a Colts fan, you want to see them lose to others every year for the sake of spreading the wealth?  No thanks. I enjoy seeing dynasties so i know it's possible with my beloved Colts. I want to know that when we start dominating in the near future as I believe we very well could, that we aren't going to get homered for sake of spreading the wealth like you fans want. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

As a Colts fan, you want to see them lose to others every year for the sake of spreading the wealth?  No thanks. I enjoy seeing dynasties so i know it's possible with my beloved Colts. I want to know that when we start dominating in the near future as I believe we very well could, that we aren't going to get homered for sake of spreading the wealth like you fans want. 

So you're happy basically knowing the outcome taking all the fun of watching sports?

Just now, CR91 said:

So you're happy basically knowing the outcome taking all the fun of watching sports?

You knew that the Patriots were going to hold the top offense in the NFC to 3 points last night? LOL... 

If we knew the outcome of the games, I'd be having so much fun bathing and wiping my butt with 100 dollar bills because of my gambling success that I wouldn't care who was winning and losing. 

I'm NOT happy the Patriots won again. I'm amazed. Big difference. 

You knew that the Patriots were going to hold the top offense in the NFC to 3 points last night? LOL... 

If we knew the outcome of the games, I'd be having so much fun bathing and wiping my butt with 100 dollar bills because of my gambling success that I wouldn't care who was winning and losing. 

I'm NOT happy the Patriots won again. I'm amazed. Big difference. 

I want competition. I don't want to waste my time seeing the same teams winning over and over and over again.

59 minutes ago, Superman said:

And then there's the evidence that the Patriots videotaped other teams' walkthroughs, which no other team has even been accused of.

Broncos under McDaniels were and were even penalized for that.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I want competition. I don't want to waste my time seeing the same teams winning over and over and over again.

There is plenty of competition in this league. Some teams know how to close games out. Patriots certainly make plays when they count. 

I want to see the Colts win over and over in competitive games. I would hope others on here would feel the same in that regard. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

There is plenty of competition in this league. Some teams know how to close games out. Patriots certainly make plays when they count. 

I want to see the Colts win over and over in competitive games. I would hope others on here would feel the same in that regard. 

How is there competition when the same team wins the championship or is in the championship game every year?

Just now, CR91 said:

How is there competition when the same team wins the championship or is in the championship game every year?

I mean they've lost 3 so i would consider that competition. 

They also pulled out two of those superbowls out their butts, which could easily make the 4-5 in the big game. They were one mistake away from losing the Chiefs game two weeks ago. I could go back to every Pats postseason and show they didnt dominate each game and there was certainly competition. 

This is old already. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

And then there's the evidence that the Patriots videotaped other teams' walkthroughs, which no other team has even been accused of

Lol. Prove it superman. This was a made up lie by the media that was NEVER proven and the one newspaper actually retracted and apologized. They were penalized for improper video placement in 2008 which initiated a nonsense story to taint their undefeated season. Never had substance and never will. I think if anything makes me laugh at the "cheating" scandals of the Patriots, it's how far people will go to dog on a consistent winner. I don't buy half of it, and I hate the Patriots with a burning passion. It's just that it's all ridiculous and petty. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

And then the evidence was removed from the internet. So i read.
And what the NFL said was their was a CBS issue in regards to the specific complaint made by the Patriots. Not that there wasn't piped in noise. 
A NFL coverup? How would it look if they admitted that Mr. MVP Manning finally got to the SB because his team cheated to win?
 Only a few would know the truth.
But as they say, more likely than not, we have done it. And it is what it is.
 Just saying

So your "proof" is actually a conspiracy theory.

I mean they've lost 3 so i would consider that competition. 

They also pulled out two of those superbowls out their butts, which could easily make the 4-5 in the big game. They were one mistake away from losing the Chiefs game two weeks ago. I could go back to every Pats postseason and show they didnt dominate each game and there was certainly competition. 

This is old already. 

Them barely winning doesn't prove competition. Winning is winning. Record book is gonna show the AFC was basically the pats stepping stone the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You are also delusional. 

I'm not a Patriots fan so I don't care to prove squat. I'm a Colts fan, and laughing my butt off at how ridiculous people are on this forum for the "cheating" Patriots. 

Get a life. 

Go Blue! Goodnight. See everyone in a few weeks for the combine. 

See, you seem to think that this is personal, which is why you've resorted to personal attacks. I'm not here trying to argue that anything the Patriots have done isn't legitimate because they got caught cheating, and I'm not here complaining that they win too much, as if the NFL needs a mercy rule. 

But if you're going to say stuff like 'every team cheats,' the burden of proof is on you. Not me. Call me ridiculous and delusional all you want, but you don't care to acknowledge the difference between an accusation and proof, between one team being penalized for cheating and another team being exonerated from unprovable accusations. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Lol. Prove it superman. This was a made up lie by the media that was NEVER proven and the one newspaper actually retracted and apologized. They were penalized for improper video placement in 2008 which initiated a nonsense story to taint their undefeated season. Never had substance and never will. I think if anything makes me laugh at the "cheating" scandals of the Patriots, it's how far people will go to dog on a consistent winner. I don't buy half of it, and I hate the Patriots with a burning passion. It's just that it's all ridiculous and petty

The walkthrough wasn't proven, you're correct. 

See how that works? No proof, it didn't happen. 

To the bolded, it probably is petty when people say the Pats titles aren't legit because they've been caught cheating. But that doesn't mean that everyone else cheats. 

There seems to be this assumption by some fans who feel that the Patriots team or organization is something that most everyone wants based on their record. I am dispelling a myth. There are a great many fans, myself included, who are fans of sports for things other than records, championships, and rings.

I have been a fan for many decades, and it was NFL films who expanded my love for the sport. They set the bar for the entire world of all sports on how to film, capture, and display incredible feats of human ability. When I first became a Colts fan, it was the horseshoe on the helmet. Since then, I have followed the sport because I get to see these incredible displays every game. 

During a season, I enjoy all of it. Highs and lows. Its an appreciation one can gain with age. But underneath it all, I have to respect the team I follow. The way the Colts are built, from the top down, is a statement by their incredible owner.  I honestly do not respect many things about the Patriots organization....including some of their past and present players. 

Even though I have said this before, I will state it again. I would not trade trade my experiences as a Colt fan for those of Pats fan over the last 20 years. Although some do resort to tearing down another, to boast their own....this is not the case with me.

For me, it isn't about rings, championships, or bragging rights. It's about the very quote below in my signature. I LOVE our coach and GM. Thanks, Mr. Irsay...you certainly nailed it for me. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

but you would hate if the Cubs won it every year lmao being a Whitesox fan. Cubs won 1 WS in 108 years and you were ticked calling it rigged, then in their quest to Repeat you were ticked again when they beat the Nationals to advance to the NLCS. You even quit posting on the Baseball Thread. Yet you are fine with the Pats winning. Strange to me.

You don't need to rig anything to beat the Nats. They'll just find a way to lose haha 

Mostly I'm just annoyed of these dang Boston sports teams winning so much. If you were born in 2004, you can literally have a memory of all 4 Boston area sports teams winning a championship. So wild.

New England was irrelevant before 2000. One day Brady and Belicheck are going to be gone and they will be irrelevant again. That's pretty much all that keeps me going whenever they win haha 

11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

There seems to be this assumption by some fans who feel that the Patriots team or organization is something that most everyone wants based on their record. I am dispelling a myth. There are a great many fans, myself included, who are fans of sports for things other than records, championships, and rings.

I have been a fan for many decades, and it was NFL films who expanded my love for the sport. They set the bar for the entire world of all sports on how to film, capture, and display incredible feats of human ability. When I first became a Colts fan, it was the horseshoe on the helmet. Since then, I have followed the sport because I get to see these incredible displays every game. 

During a season, I enjoy all of it. Highs and lows. Its an appreciation one can gain with age. But underneath it all, I have to respect the team I follow. The way the Colts are built, from the top down, is a statement by their incredible owner.  I honestly do not respect many things about the Patriots organization....including some of their past and present players. 

Even though I have said this before, I will state it again. I would not trade trade my experiences as a Colt fan for those of Pats fan over the last 20 years. Although some do resort to tearing down another, to boast their own....this is not the case with me.

For me, it isn't about rings, championships, or bragging rights. It's about the very quote below in my signature. I LOVE our coach and GM. Thanks, Mr. Irsay...you certainly nailed it for me. 

I dont see a quote, but am interested so please share. 

I don't want to be the Patriots either. I meant in terms of their success on the field. Not the manner in which they go about business. I believe they've been dirty to players that have been loyal and helped them win when their value is peaked. They have also had their fair share of players pass through that I wouldn't want the Colts to be associated with. I love the makeup of Chris Ballard/Frank Reich and the quality of men they are bringing in. I loved Tony Dungy and company. I wouldn't trade those teams for low character individuals winning Championships, although for what it's worth, i dont affiliate Tom Brady and many players throughout Pats history with those of character issues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

You like being forced to watch the pats in or winning the super bowl basically every year?

I am 100% positive 99% of fans are tired of it. These Pats Super Bowls have typically been exciting with last minute events like a winning FG and 2 winning INTs. Do I want to see the Pats again? $%#^ NO! But I watch the game versus the teams. I have no interest in the Rams or the Pats, Adding more mud to the water is today the sports shows are offering up predictions for SB54 and guess who is favored. 

14 hours ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Honestly, I view the Saints as the real SB champs. They should have been in it but we all know that story and I do believe Brees and their defense wins that game easily. I also am really having issues with Goodell and Krafts bff bromance. Along with the SB MVP being caught for PEDs and missing 4 games. Just overall not a great look for the NFL.

Brees would have focused on ONE receiver like he did all year and lost by 21. Why? Because they don’t have a dominant pass rush to disrupt Brady unlike the Rams.

also The Saints could have won that game in OT if Brees didn’t throw a pick. 

As for Edelman he shouldn’t have been MVP. IMO that should have been Hightower or Guilimore. The PED thing is weird since the man was coming off a major injury kinda weird he is being “random” tested 

7 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Brees would have focused on ONE receiver like he did all year and lost by 21. Why? Because they don’t have a dominant pass rush to disrupt Brady unlike the Rams.

As for Edelman he shouldn’t have been MVP. IMO that should have been Hightower or Guilimore. The PED thing is weird since the man was coming off a major injury kinda weird he is being “random” tested 

What did he test positive for...?   And why is it weird?        

40 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

2016 Cubs>2018 Redsox. My Cubs with Jake, Lester, and ChapPack along with MVP Bryant and Rizzo + Zobrist and Baez wouldve took care of you guys. You won again because the Dodgers are choke artists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

What did he test positive for...?   And why is it weird?        

That’s the weird part the NFL said they didn’t know what he tested positive for. Also  weird as in why test him coming off a major injury.. I mean coming back from injury  you take a lot of medicine and worrying if it’s on the long list of no no’s shouldn’t be something an injured player needs or should worry about. But that’s my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2016 Cubs>2018 Redsox. My Cubs with Jake, Lester, and ChapPack along with MVP Bryant and Rizzo + Zobrist and Baez wouldve took care of you guys. You won again because the Dodgers are choke artists.

Huh??  Well 4 > 1 and your welcome your cubs are nothing more than Red Sox mid west..

12 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Brett Favre was there for 30 secs...

Oh yea, I forgot about that. He was even on the cover of Madden 09, but it was such a last second thing that EA had an alternate cover that players could print online to swap for one or the other.

favre-1.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 2016 Cubs would clean any of the Sox teams clock, Chap with 105 MPH out of the bull pen.

Lol ya No! You forget how hard Pap use to throw!? And throwing hard means little.. if it did the cubs been in the World Series..

14 hours ago, JimJaime said:

That’s the weird part the NFL said they didn’t know what he tested positive for. Also  weird as in why test him coming off a major injury.. I mean coming back from injury  you take a lot of medicine and worrying if it’s on the long list of no no’s shouldn’t be something an injured player needs or should worry about. But that’s my opinion.

So I think the stance on PEDs in pro sports is antiquated and stigmatized to the point that it doesn't make sense anymore. But I don't think players coming off of injury shouldn't be tested. That's probably the time that a pro athlete would be more prone to use a banned substance like an anabolic steroid, to help with recovery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

So I think the stance on PEDs in pro sports is antiquated and stigmatized to the point that it doesn't make sense anymore. But I don't think players coming off of injury shouldn't be tested. That's probably the time that a pro athlete would be more prone to use a banned substance like an anabolic steroid, to help with recovery.

This makes perfect sense. I actually thought the same thing.

20 hours ago, CR91 said:

If I were a fan of any other team than NE right now, I would be disgusted with my team/front office/coach for NOT being able to put some kind of plan together to stop NE.  Isn't it THEIR job to create a team that can compete with the best team(s) in the league?

Seriously, no one can tell me that the rest of the teams (other than NE) haven't had the intelligence to figure it out & combat it after almost 20years?  Everyone likes to diminish TB's accomplishments by saying "he's a system QB"....but why has no other coach implemented a similar "system" for their team to follow?  Seems like a no-brainer to me??….

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, CR91 said:

I still love the game. Im just tired of it being tarnished every year by this team. As a fan, I wanna see different teams being champions. Dynasties imo makes watching sports irrelevant. Like watching the NBA now-a-days.  

Why don't you get on YOUR team's front office/coaches and demand "better" from them?  The bigger problem here is that 31 teams have been unable to crack the Pats stranglehold on the league for almost 20yrs now.  If this were an MMA match, I get the feeling that many of you are taking the "I'm tapping out" strategy??….

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, RollerColt said:

This is a nightmare I can't wake up from. Year in and out... 

It's as bad as being a Pacers fan during the Jordan era... 

I'm just glad I decided not to watch. Even for Pats fans that had to be boring as heck. 

If you are not a fan of defensive football, you could consider it boring.

Personally, I was intrigued to watch "one of the single greatest defensive game plans in NFL history" play out in front of us....in an era of unprecedented offense in the NFL.

To think that SINGLE HIGHEST POINT SPREAD IN SB HISTORY was eclipsed by the LOWEST SCORING SB IN HISTORY really tells me the general public still doesn't respect BB's ability to throw complete unpredictability at the finest minds/teams in the NFL.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, CR91 said:

You like being forced to watch the pats in or winning the super bowl basically every year?

Doesn't sound like he is forced to do anything?....

Sounds like he enjoys witnessing the 2 best teams in football battling it out for a championship.  If you want to see different teams in the SB, then it sounds like you have a problem with the 31 teams who have been unable to remove the Pats from this stranglehold for the past ~20yrs?

It is a common tactic of millennials to say, "we don't like the results, so let's change the rules"

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Doesn't sound like he is forced to do anything?....

Sounds like he enjoys witnessing the 2 best teams in football battling it out for a championship.  If you want to see different teams in the SB, then it sounds like you have a problem with the 31 teams who have been unable to remove the Pats from this stranglehold for the past ~20yrs?

It is a common tactic of millennials to say, "we don't like the results, so let's change the rules"

What rule exactly am I saying we need to change? Whats wrong with wanting more teams in the super bowl?

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Honestly, I view the Saints as the real SB champs. They should have been in it but we all know that story and I do believe Brees and their defense wins that game easily. I also am really having issues with Goodell and Krafts bff bromance. Along with the SB MVP being caught for PEDs and missing 4 games. Just overall not a great look for the NFL.

How many other players facing their first PED suspension received more than 4 games?  Why should Edelman receive more than the rules specify? 

You DO realize that Goodell has fined Kraft more draft picks & more money than any single commissioner has fined a single team in NFL history right?  Did you see the disappointment on Goodell's face when he had to present the trophy to RKK?....

Not sure why you think their relationship is so strong after all these fines/penalties, etc??

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol ya No! You forget how hard Pap use to throw!? And throwing hard means little.. if it did the cubs been in the World Series..

Chap wasn't on the team last year nor was Jake otherwise we would've been there again. The Dodgers are chokers and the Brewers were lucky all season, I think the Brewers luck will run out. Nobody has repeated since the Yankees in 2000 so good luck with that. 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

What rule exactly am I saying we need to change? Whats wrong with wanting more teams in the super bowl?

Where does the NFL state that the SB is a platform "for all teams to get a chance to participate in"?

The Super Bowl is (and always has been) a platform for the 2 best teams (as determined by the playoff process) to play for the championship.

Believe it or not, the Colts & every other NFL team HAS THE EXACT SAME CHANCE TO MAKE THE SB (AS NE DOES) AT THE START OF EVERY SEASON.

You should be blaming the other 31 teams for having to watch NE most of the time.

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Where does the NFL state that the SB is a platform "for all teams to get a chance to participate in"?

The Super Bowl is (and always has been) a platform for the 2 best teams (as determined by the playoff process) to play for the championship.

Believe it or not, the Colts & every other NFL team HAS THE EXACT SAME CHANCE TO MAKE THE SB (AS NE DOES) AT THE START OF EVERY SEASON.

You should be blaming the other 31 teams for having to watch NE most of the time.

You want me to blame the other 31 teams for "NOT" cheating?

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:51 AM, IinD said:

They're so fortunate to be in a division that hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years. People liked to say the South was bad, the east is a guaranteed 5-1 (that fluke yearly Mia win) or 6-0 for them year in year out.

Somebody better step up or they'll walk out of this dynasty with 4 or 5 in a row.

Using the AFC East as the reason for their success is just ignorant.  The FACT is that the Patriots winning pcg against the rest of the NFL is the same as it is against the AFC East over the past 18 years.

That's right, they beat up on the rest of the league the same way they beat up on their division....FACT.