Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning had the power

NannyMcafee

If i was the owner, Peyton would certainly have had input on all moves he wanted to have input in.   Not the last call, but input none-the-less.  

I'd still consider him for a GM position.  Not over Ballard.   Knowing his study habits and how much time he puts in is enough to at least consider him.    he's been around the NFL almost all his life.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

If i was the owner, Peyton would certainly have had input on all moves he wanted to have input in.   Not the last call, but input none-the-less.  

I'd still consider him for a GM position.  Not over Ballard.   Knowing his study habits and how much time he puts in is enough to at least consider him.    he's been around the NFL almost all his life.  

Would Peyton even want to be a GM?  Elway has done it — and done it pretty well (at least, for the years he had Manning under center).  Ozzie Newsome is generally regarded as one of the best ever.  So it’s not unprecedented for former players.

It comes with a heckuva lot of pressure and I’m sure it involves a whole lot of time and effort.

I think PM could make a good one.  But he has his pick of what to do.  And I haven’t heard that he’s interested in being a GM.

As I recall, Elway at first said he didn’t want to be GM.  So they had another guy officially in that role his first year.  But that’s all the longer it lasted.  Elway was actually in charge from day 1.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Well jeez, after Jim Caldwell's infamous time out goofs, I'm surprised Peyton wanted Caldwell on the team. I can only assume it's because Caldwell was a good "yes-man."

Caldwell wasn't a bad coach, that get's over looked quite often. Peyton could have won with Jim, he won with Gary Kubiak and what's Kub's calling card as a coach?

22 hours ago, The Fish said:

Caldwell wasn't a bad coach, that get's over looked quite often. Peyton could have won with Jim, he won with Gary Kubiak and what's Kub's calling card as a coach?

Friendship with Wade Phillips, one of the best DCs in the game.