Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per James Jones (SD WR) Reid > BB

JimJaime

Nope, you are not wrong at all!!!

Reid's time management and Mahomes' time management has been suspect. Mahomes reminds me a bit of Peyton, in the fact that he could score quickly. Peyton always said it is the job of the O to score and nothing else but by scoring quickly, his Ds tended to have a shorter turnaround between drives and it worked against him sometimes. Peyton also wanted to drive the ball farther wanting more yards leading to more drive stoppers and Mahomes might be of that kind too. Mahomes however has been a fast learner and recently has surprised me with the patience to go down methodically. If he does that vs the Patriots, the Patriots would be in trouble.

Mahomes scoring quickly was what was combated by Brady methodically driving for a game winning FG in 3 minutes at the end of the SNF game. 

Andy is a great offensive play caller and gets a lot out of his QBs but BB is a greater head coach. Apples and oranges, to be honest. BB seldom deals with the offensive side of things except for telling his coaches as to what kind of plan he wants them to implement but BB does deal with the D more hands on.

BB has a greater understanding of complementary football than Andy Reid, which leads to playoff wins when the O is not working. Andy does not strike me as one of those whose plan B and plan C can deliver come crunch time. It is not like Andy Reid is a bum but when compared to BB, he is not in the same zip code as far as the sum of everything he does as a head coach.

32 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Maybe it’s my homer glasses are on to tight, but Andy Reid couldn’t carry BB Socks.. am I wrong?

Depends on the measuring stick used... If I had to pick a coach based on morals and ethics, I'd pick Reid (and about 30 other coaches) before picking the Hooded one.  If was picking on sheer results, albeit tainted ones, I'd go with Hoodie every time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Depends on the measuring stick used... If I had to pick a coach based on morals and ethics, I'd pick Reid (and about 30 other coaches) before picking the Hooded one.  If was picking on sheer results, albeit tainted ones, I'd go with Hoodie every time.

image.thumb.png.73cc3fdfdbeed16a0f218c3e8f2eef72.png

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

image.thumb.png.73cc3fdfdbeed16a0f218c3e8f2eef72.png

I try to not butt in on other conversations, but I can't refrain on this one. I only am saddened by one thing regarding the Patriots...it's most of their fans. This response by you is a perfect example. 

A Pats fan, here, posting this, is the absolute clear definition of a Brady/BB era Pats fan. You likely won't believe it, but I would not trade the experiences/fortunes of our teams. Not for anything. Stock up on good vibes during the last years of your dominance. It's going to be a long....cold...winter in the future. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I try to not butt in on other conversations, but I can't refrain on this one. I only am saddened by one thing regarding the Patriots...it's most of their fans. This response by you is a perfect example. 

A Pats fan, here, posting this, is the absolute clear definition of a Brady/BB era Pats fan. You likely won't believe it, but I would not trade the experiences/fortunes of our teams. Not for anything. Stock up on good vibes during the last years of your dominance. It's going to be a long....cold...winter in the future. 

I think your missing the joke.. most, including colts fans, consider the Pats the evil empire.. so using Star Wars and the emperor was just in good fun.

i also love the moral high ground teams love to take.. it’s a freaking game!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I think your missing the joke.. most, including colts fans, consider the Pats the evil empire.. so using Star Wars and the emperor was just in good fun.

i also love the moral high ground teams love to take.. it’s a freaking game!! 

I'm trying to picture myself on a Pats forum, making light of received hatred, or insinuations of self perceived morality....................tryin for ya brother..............tryin................

(squeezing temples with concentration)...........................

Nope, just can't do it. But you are right, it is just a game. 

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I'm trying to picture myself on a Pats forum, making light of received hatred, or insinuations of self perceived morality....................tryin for ya brother..............tryin................

(squeezing temples with concentration)...........................

Nope, just can't do it. But you are right, it is just a game. 

Lol I have made plenty of jokes like “join us on the dark side... we have cookies!”  I love my team have some Tony season and the Pats got crushed by the Bears in 86 and Eason became turtle Eason from then on. 

Speaking only for myself.. I have embraced being a fan of the perceived evil and dark team.. just like Raider fans did in years past.. the NFL knows they always need that one team everyone hates.. because people turn on to cheer for them to lose even if the other team they don’t even care about..

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I joke around about it because it's ridiculous how far some people will go. I enjoy watching football but some people take it way, way too seriously. 

Every "scandal" is overblown because of what JimJaime said. There needs to be a villain. The Patriots - once a plucky underdog that upset the Rams while the post-9/11 world rooted for them - have become that villain. Only people who don't bother learning all the facts think differently.