Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Second Round, Coby Fleener

I like Coby Fleener for two resones. He played with Luck. Wich would be great to have for our rookie qb. And he is dangrous in the red zone. If he is availbule i think we should take him. How about your thoughts on this. Or getting a WR that Lucks used to

I like Fleener, but i personally think that we need a shut-down cornerback rather than a tightend at #34. that's my opinion.

I think the Colts will face a wonderful dilemma in the second round. Looking at player rankings and mock drafts from various sites, there is a real chance that several of the following players will still be on the board at pick 34:

SS: Mark Barron

CB: Janoris Jenkins / Stephon Gilmore

DT: Devon Still / Jerel Worthy

TE: Coby Fleener

WR: Rueben Randle / Stephen Hill

OG: Cordy Glenn / Kevin Zeitler

ILB: Dont'a Hightower

OLB: Zach Brown

Any of these prospects would be a solid pick at 34, but I also like the idea of trading down into the middle of the 2nd round and acquiring an extra 3rd rounder. Brandon Thompson or Alameda Ta'amu would be decent value in the 45-55 range. The Colts could wait until pick 65 to get a NT, but these two big boys might not get past Pittsburgh and Houston later in the 2nd round.

Fleener just Ran a 4.51 average. (drop that to 4.59 for pro day bias) and I say, draft him if he's there. Just wanted to make sure he was athletic enough.

I felt he wouldn't make it to the 2nd round before the pro day... That 40 time just cemented it: that guy's not making it out of the 1st round. He may even be a mid 1st rounder at this point.

I felt he wouldn't make it to the 2nd round before the pro day... That 40 time just cemented it: that guy's not making it out of the 1st round. He may even be a mid 1st rounder at this point.

Agreed. If by some crazy act of insanity on draft day he falls to us at 34, we HAVE to take him. But he in all likelyhood will get scooped up by the Broncos or Giants at this rate, maybe even earlier.

Agreed. If by some crazy act of insanity on draft day he falls to us at 34, we HAVE to take him. But he in all likelyhood will get scooped up by the Broncos or Giants at this rate, maybe even earlier.

broncos have signed two tight ends in free agency and the giants have signed one also...plus the giants tend to like old school tight ends. i wouldn't be stunned if fleener fell to the second, but it would suprise me to see him taken by the bears @19 either.

broncos have signed two tight ends in free agency and the giants have signed one also...plus the giants tend to like old school tight ends. i wouldn't be stunned if fleener fell to the second, but it would suprise me to see him taken by the bears @19 either.

Yeah I made that post before the Broncos signed the two tight ends.. feel like 19 is too early for the Bears. They need line help before they get a TE. If the Giants don't take him I could see us getting him.

I suppose anything is possible, but with his size and running a 4.45 forty at his pro-day, unlikely he falls past TE needy teams (e.g. Giants).

That 4.45 was with the wind. While I do see the Giants taking him at 32, it won't be the end of the world if we don't get him. Even if he is around at 34 depending who's around we could easily pass on him.

That 4.45 was with the wind. While I do see the Giants taking him at 32, it won't be the end of the world if we don't get him. Even if he is around at 34 depending who's around we could easily pass on him.

I actually agree completely. I honestly think looking at all the holes on our team, particularly on defense, taking a TE at the #34 overall pick would be unwise. There will still be some very good corners there at that pick, as well as NT and LB.

don't see the giants taking fleener. the cowboys signed martellus bennet from the cowboys and he fits what the giants traditionally look for in a tight end.